Lake Lodge Iseltwald Reviews

verry nice hostel in the nice place. The ambiance is friendly.

location hands down the most amazing. The staff were really nice and helpful. free food baskets provided and lots of information about activities in Switzerland. Only problem is a large number of fly's in the kitchen.

Really cool lake and nice, friendly hostel. Everything is expensive in Switzerland, so this is pretry good value for money.

amazing place, we slept in a tent and still loved every second. you won't regret staying here.

We stayed in the tent and very much enjoyed our stay. The staff was extremely helpful with our choice of hiking trails. Awesome location right beside the lake, which is great for swimming. It's a twenty minute bus from the Interlaken Ost station. Only issue we had was running out of hot water in the showers, but it was hot out so we didn't mind. The kitchen was great; it was generally big enough to accommodate all the guests. It could use another set of burners though. We would stay again!

A beautiful location right on the lake with a wonderful alpine atmosphere. Arriving late ( after 8.30) we found it difficult to find somewhere to eat so best to bring provisions just in case. I did make a change to my booking initially with Hostelworld.com which were not passed on and this caused a bit of a problem. Best to book a room for sole party use if possible

• 5th Jul 2015

We enjoyed our stay! You were very helpful!

The location is the main thing you're paying for. the atmosphere was not the greatest but the location made up for everything. definitely go here if you want to wake up and see a beautiful lake and mountain every morning! one downside was that there was nowhere to lock away your things, but I suppose in Switzerland they are more trusting.

Not thing good about this hostel. Security is very bad. There is no locker in the room and Everyone has acess to the room keys. Location is bad. Its far away from the Train station and the bus only runs until 9 PM. This hostel is very dirty and the flies everywhere, so disgusting. I have skin problem after I stayed there for 4 nights. There is no wifi in the room. There is no AC and hot water. All the beds connected together and you would sleeps so close to each other. I don't recommend this!

Didn't go there but I can imagine it. Overcharged me for not showing up and then got numerous excuses for delaying the refund. First, they claimed my emails went to their junk email; then asked me for account details; then never updated me till I reminded them; then asked me for more details. Not being able to go for the trip was bad enough for me. They only made it worse!!

The blond girl who worked there was super friendly. Had great musical tastes and was extremely helpful!

• 2nd Jul 2015

the tent is smallet than the one on the photo

The Lake Lodge was one of my favorite hostels I have stayed in! The staff was really helpful, the view around the hostel is amazing, and the lake was so nice to swim in. The directions to this Hostel was a little confusing. You just jump on the bus from Interlaken east and get off at the very last stop (20mins). You have to pay for the bus to get there but once you are there they give you a bus pass for the rest of your stay. I would recommend that you stay here!

Would absolutely recommend this hostel. While there are no lockers to store luggage, there is one key to each room, so the last person locks the door when they leave. Besides this, I did not feel threatened that someone would steal my luggage in this setting. This hostel in Iseltwald has an amazing view of (and on) the lake. We went swimming and rented kayaks from the lodge, as well as went on a lengthy (but nearby) hike to the waterfalls. No A/C in the rooms, but don't let this deter you.

great place to stay.. right by the lake but far away from interlaken.. however they provide free bus passes.. so thats fine.. its quiet and relaxing with a great view.. staff was reali friendly and so were the ppl.. wifi worked great in the rooms... highly recommend stayin here..

Amazing location. Staff were really friendly and even let us check in when check in was closed! The view is really unlike any other!

• 29th Jun 2015

The hostel had an amazing kitchen and common area, and was also right on the lake and had swimming acesess. Quite nice!

There should be thicker blankets in tents! We were frozen sleeping in the tents.

It was nice to be away from all of the tourists in Interlaken! Great stay, would 10/10 recommend this place to others :)

• 26th Jun 2015

We stayed in one of the tents and they have cots and bedding, but no electricity. The bus connection between Interlaken and Iseltwald works nicely plus there's a ferry so don't worry about it not being exactly in Interlaken. The kitchen is spacious and fully equipped.