Lakeside Backpackers Reviews

18 Lake Esplanade, Queenstown, New Zealand

Don't stay here :)

• 1st Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Cheap, and you get what you pay for. The kitchen was filthy and I actually had to clean part of the fridge to put my food in it. Probably the most uncomfortable bed I've slept on in a hostel since coming to New Zealand. However, I did not hate the place, the people who were staying there were wonderful and I had a good time regardless.

It is not a good hostel, however the price is quite good and the staff as well. Common areas are not clean. Also the tv room is quite bad.

• 8th Jul 2014

Friendly and nice staff, exellent location. Wi-fi was not working at all during my stay, bathroom very dirty at all times.