Lakeside Backpackers Reviews

18 Lake Esplanade, Queenstown, New Zealand

It is the dirtiest hostel where i have been. It looks like the cleaner comes only to change the bed's linen and the rubbish bag once a day.... There was very old and moldy food in every cupboards, as well as in the fridge, it stinks and sticks on every surfaces. I didn't wipe my dishes for the hand towels didn't look clean enough to do so.... I also hesitated a long while to take my shower, I finally removed quickly hairs, papers and others in one of them before using it. AN EXPENSIVE SHAME

• 18th Nov 2015

AMAZING! I really loved to stay at this hostel, beautiful and small, very nice time there!

It was a cheep stay, in a hotspot in NZ. Great location, with a beautiful view, The rooms were fine. Kitchen and bath are clean, but worn out. I had a great stay, and if you want the cheapest, you should expect to get a five star hotel. I will recommend it, if you just need a bed and a shower.

• 30th Oct 2015
  • Denmark

I have stayed for 3 nights instead of 2, it's such a lovely hostel which has awesome view of the lake and snow mountain. It's also very clean and well organized. Just 5 mins walk to central, and if you are knee for some quietness during the night. This is a great choice!

The facilities were poor! Oven doesn't work, shower door doesn't close and cleanliness is an issue. The bunks are extremely uncomfortable. The location is absurdly fantastic!

• 7th Aug 2015