Laksameenarai Guesthouse Reviews

41 Trok Mayom, Jakapong Rd, Taladyod, Pranakorn, Bangkok, Thailand

The owners were incredibly friendly and always at the front desk to help. This hostel had very peaceful ambiance, offered free breakfast with tea and coffee, free wifi, free towels, and a complimentary bottle of water every day. I wish it were a little easier to find, no one knows where Trok Mayom is (it's an alley down the street from Khaosan Road). Overall we had a great stay and felt like we got a great value for our money.

• 17th Nov 2014

Very clean. Real duvets (not just a sheet like everywhere else in Thailand). Could hear some noise from the street but didn't bother me. I did find the directions listed here to be confusing. Do not go to the Boots ON Khao San road. Find the Boots on the street at the end of Khao San. The map is correct. Friendly staff who easily arranged a mini bus to airport for me (150 baht/person).

The room was really small but for one or two nights it is perfect as Khao San Rd is just 2 minutes walk away.

Staff were amazing, very clean, great location, lovely rooms!

• 11th Nov 2014

Booked a double room for 2 nights. Room was small but comfortable bed. Shower rooms were clean. Over all a nice place, would stay there again.

• 10th Nov 2014

Loved staying at this hostel. Staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. Our room was beautiful and very clean. Only downside was walking down the alley to get to it as I was insure if I was going the right way..

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the room was really nice and the guesthouse was kept nice and clean, overall im really happy i chose to stay here for my first two nights in bangkok.

Lovely little place just off koh San road. Definitely recommended

This guesthouse had everything we needed: a clean and nice room with AC and a helpful and lovely staff. A decent breakfast is included in the price; a great way to start the day. In our private room, we got fresh bottled water every day, which was a great surprise. It has perfect distance from Khao San road; you can easily walk there, but you dont get all the noise. Would definitively go back!

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Norway
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Right beside Khao San Rd, however hidden on a side alley so it's super peaceful. Breaky is included, awesome staff, rooms are clean and the beds are really comfortable! Would highly recommend!!

Loved it, was a pleasant surprise to find it after our 19 plus hrs of travel. Food was even really cheep and good. Very small and tucked away which was perfect for us. We plan on staying here again on our way back up to Bangkok.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Very nice and calm Place, although right next to Khoasan road. We had a private double room which was extremely clean and cosy. Super helpful and friendly staff. Small standard breakfast but made with love. We would definitely stay there again and recommend this hostel to everyone who would love a warm welcome in Bangkok.

• 19th Oct 2014

Old thai house, in a quiet place near the main street (Kaosan road). everything close to the hotel (massage, laundry, taxi, shops,restaurant,etc..). very nice double room with air con, nice bed and bathroom. they also have good food: the Pad Thai are very good. the breakfast was included but there are not a lot of choice and the coffee is not good. i would recommend this hostel.

Stayed in the female dorm, nice and quiet, very friendly and helpful staff, relaxed atmosphere. Walking distance to wat pho and royal palace. Very recommendable!

The place has a great location, even though it was a kind of difficult to find it in the first night, but in the next morning I could understand where I was, and the location is good because it's close to the Kao San street, but it's still a quiet place. The staff are great, specially Mimi, and the breakfast is really good. The dorm are small, but really clean and the bathroom are the same. I enjoyed my time there.

A really nice and charming Hostel. Near Kaosan Road, but still aquiet place. I can recommend it!

Cool place and very nice room. The bathrooms were clean, and the staff was very nice. Free breakfast in the morning is a bonus - nothing fancy but does the trick. About a half block away from Khao Son rd so you can get your fix without being right on top of it. Only negative was that the mattress was very firm. I like a firm mattress but it was semi uncomfortable causing you to turn a few times a night. Not a deal breaker but would really make the hostel top notch if it was a tad bit more comfy.

A very cosy place in a very busy area. The staff really helpful and the price is very good for what you get. Good meals and small breakfasts are served. Definitely coming back here when again in Bangkok. Bring your own padlock.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great location next to khaosan road but still relatively quiet for sleeping. Clean and tidy, beautiful. All the bathrooms are shared but quite clean. We think is a very good option in that area. The breakfast is ok.

Verh nice staff and very clean bathroom