Landay Hostel Reviews

Erasmo Escala #2012, Santiago, Chile

Didnt really get a hostel feel for this. I stayed in the 6 bed dorm. No windows so poor ventilation and the room was very stuffy. Would hate it in summer. The bunkbeds are far too high and worse considering they dont have a ladder. The hostel also has a cafe now so there is high restriction on the kitchen use.

Nice hostel, nice staff, Bathrooms are really clean and big, hot water. Breakfast cool. Communities spaces cool.

I stayed in this hostel because I went to the Lollapalooza and it was very close to the Parque O'higgins. It was also very close to the public transport, so you can get there very easily.

Easy to find, good location. Charming hostel. Basic but poor breakfast, the staff do not fill up by them self. Good kitchen, but can't be used after 5pm. Friendly staff, who try to be helpful, but they don't talk together, which can give a lot of confusing. The cleaning is there but is not satisfying. No landry service. Smoking from the common outside area goes into the room. No toilet paper. Hot shower. Slow computers. Someone took our food from the common fridge! :(

Is a nice hostel but small, for the price is really good...the breakfast is not that good; the main problem is that the beds doesn't have a stair to go up so you have to climb and at night can be a little bit noisy. Is near the center of the city which is really good.

Somehow there were 2 extra people sleeping in my room (couples sharing beds). I was only here for the night and I chose it for the proximity to the metro and bus terminal (just 2 stops away).

nice room, nice place, decent breakfast.... on the downside, the owners decided to start running a bar/restaurant out of the hostel kitchen and thus closed the kitchen to guest use on 5 out of 7 nights... a questionable decision IMHO, what good is a hostel kitchen that you can only use during those hours you'd rather spend exploring the city?

This was a nice hostel. The kitchen and smoking area was good. There was no window in our room which made it warm. The showers were excellent. Really nice place to stay.

Nice place, clean and good breakfast. The directions from the airport are well-explained. The room for 6 is great.

This is a very unique hostel, felt like we were staying in a palace. Staff was okay, a little lazy we thought. Within walking distance to the metro subway, which was nice. Didn't offer a secure place to store our backpacks for the afternoon, we just had to set them by the door. Nice bathroom with great shower, with great water pressure and hot water.

It's about 5-10 mins walking to metro station. The staff is nice. The only problem we had was the Internet is super slow. The pc in common room doesn't have Microsoft words installed, which I consider basic PC program. The breakfast was very basic. There are quite some restaurants close by. Considering the dorm room price, it's good place to stay anyway.

Great hostel in a beautiful building in Barrio Brasil not far from two metro stations to get you anywhere you need to go. The hostel is very modern and has everything you could need for a decent and budget stay in Santiago. The bunk beds were sizeable and comfy (albeit stay in a bottom bunk if you are small or less agile), the kitchen area was small but functional and the common areas are open and spacious. Hard to fault Landay, would happily stay again.

I left at 5am, ok, it is quite early. But suddenly I could find nobody of the 24/24 reception to let me out. Also the taxi driver rang twice the bell and nobody except me openend the door. That shouldn't happen!

Nice place, nice staff!!

Very nice place and crew!

Excellent staff and the hostel is perfectly located. My only concern was the free breakfast. There was no bread or juice and the staff member said that the shops didn't open until after the breakfast hours were finished.

Although this is the most expensive hostel we've stayed in in 16months travelling, this is Chile so we just had to suck it up. As such it was fine. I had booked a double bed but was given twin beds and the room was clean but a bit small. Bathroom was clean and wifi very good. The kitchen was really well equipped which helped keep food prices town. Good location between the museums and the centre.

A really nice hostel and would happily recommend. The place is spottless, with excellent bathroom and kitchen facilities. The kitchen may be small but it is well equipped and very clean. The included breakfast was perfectly fine. All the staff were very helpful. The place has character and a good vibe. Dorms have large lockers. The only improvement could be some comfortable seating in the lounge! A short walk to the Metro makes everything close, but it's still only a 20 minute walk into centre.

The hostel is suitable for the ones who come in the city from airport, as the Centropuerto bus stops rather near. If you want to feel the city and have more fun, this would not be the best fit.

Possibly more variety on the cerals for breakfast. The halloween cereal was a bit wierd! Everything else great, keep up the good work.