Landhaus Hotel Reviews

Altenbergstr. 4-6, Bern, Switzerland

This place was nice to stay. A short walk from lots of restaurants and things to see in Berne. Beautifully located right off the Aare river. But we would have like access to wifi.

Fantastic experience. All the way from Chile to Europe, and they made us feel like home! I definitely want to go back!

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Chile

The hostel is clean and good atmosphere but the bedroom is incredibly small and dark in the hallway. I won't say it's good value for money.

Nice place to stay by the river. Short distance to walk from train station but upon check in, i was given a card that allows me free bus rides in the city centre. Only let down was a couple checked in the room above just midnight n was constantly walking around the room till about 1:30am n the staff was not willing to tell them to quiet down. Overall, stay was fine.

My main problem with this place is that it is extortionate - I expect that from Switzerland but I also expect a certain level of comfort and reliability that is absent from this place. The lockers didn't work; the dorms are essentially toilet cubicles with bunkbeds in that smell of vinegar; nothing comes included in the massive price so you don't even feel it makes up for it's failings. No atmosphere, no good for solo travellers to meet people. For me: Blah. Feel ripped off.

They separate the dorms which is nice if your traveling In a couple which we were but wouldn't be nice to meet people. Two to a room. Kitchen had everything but a very small fridge. Not a great atmosphere.

Very beautiful place Not too far from train station Good wifi They have a kitchen

We stayed in Park Hyatt's for weeks. Then to Bern and your place was a welcomed change. We enjoyed being able to walk around the house like place. It was nice having the bar downstairs and drinking wine during the day playing cards. We enjoyed Jasmina tremendously. She was an amazing part to the last of our great evenings in Switzerland. Thanks to all for the great time.

• 14th Jul 2014

Good hostel, perfect location!

Great place to stay! Heaps of room in my dorm. Massive lockers, best I have come across on my trip so far! Everything within walking distance. So close to the bears.

Very kind and nice service. Clean rooms. Well placed.

• 22nd Jun 2014