Landhaus Hotel Reviews

Altenbergstr. 4-6, Bern, Switzerland

I loved staying here!! The location is right next to the River and very close to the bear exhibit. The room itself was split into little cubbies, with a bunk bed in each cubby. I had the whole cubby to myself. There were huge lockers that came with the key, which we could use for free. The bed was super comfy and the weather was awesome outside so I left the window open while I slept. The kitchen also had a big table and everything one would need to make a simple meal.

Expensive but cheap for Bern. Dorms are nice as you share a room but still get some privacy. Kitchen dining area to do some cooking (essential if you are on a budget). Not too far from station to walk and one of the most stunning walks too, just down hill from the rose garden! Had a great stay!

Very nice hostel - cosy atmosphere right by the river clean.

Staff was great had lots of tips.

• 1st Jul 2015

Had such a lovely stay here. Both the members of staff I met were so helpful and friendly going out of their way to make me feel welcome. I stayed in the dorm room which was like having my own room, the extra bit of privacy a real plus. Beautiful location, nice wine and the comfiest duvet I've had in weeks!

The staffs were very friendly and helpful. The location is very good. Closed to many places of interests. I even walked to some of them. The bed was comfortable and soft I had good nights there

My stay here was pleasant. The six person room is actually subdivided into thirds and no one else was in my bunk, so it was like I had my own room. While the main door to the entire room locked, the door to my cubicle space could only be locked from the inside when I was in there. They do have large lockers though (1/2 were broken, but since I was alone it was fine). Bathroom and shower were nice. Cafe downstairs has nice vibe, but hostel isn't a great places to meet people. By river though!

Was a really nice hostel, but had the vibe of a hotel. It wouldn't be the best if travelling solo. When staying in a six bed room, each bunk bed has dividers, which is a plus and minus. You never meet who is staying in the room with you and don't know if they are there or not after a late night. Bar was really nice downstairs and was a shirt walk into old town.