Landhuis Daniel Reviews

Weg naar Westpunt z/n, Banda Abou, Curacao, Netherlands Antilles

For a person who loves history, good food and old houses there is no better place to stay. We will go back every chance we get.

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Netherlands Antilles
  • Couple, 41+

Not much to say, since I only stayed one night. It is pretty remote, which may be a bonus for some and an issue for others (taxis are hugely expensive in Curacao). One definite plus, however, is their restaurant - it's nothing short of excellent! It is not exactly cheap, but the dishes are worth every penny!!

For what it is, its too expensive. If I'm paying that much I expect hot water showers! The food from the restaurtant was fantastic, 5 stars!

• 14th Jun 2013

Perfect! I reccomend! For who likes nature this place is the best!

• 8th Jan 2013

Best food on the Island! Great service. Clean comfortable rooms. Home town hospitality.

• 23rd Dec 2012
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Just too expensive out in nowhere. Not suitable for backpackers cause there is no kitchen or other things to use. Owner is not really friendly and it seems that he is not interested in keeping the facilities and area in good shape or even make something better out of it...

Very nice and cozy place to spend your time on Curaçao. The warm and personal approach of the staff, in combination with the excelent cooking and setting makes Landhuis Daniel a place where you can feel relaxed and at ease. A pretty important condition for a holiday, seems to me.

• 16th Aug 2012

Not a bad place to stay. There Wifi, a decent restaurant, good staff, pool. What I didn't like though is lots of red ants and every day I had to kill a huge cock roach in my room. Also cold water. That wasn't what bothered me the most. WARNING: what really annoyed me the most was the location. Don't be fooled by the map people! It's completely wrong! It's not at all at this oil refinery it's all the way at weg naar west punt which is far from everything! Beach, willemstad, etc.

Very authentic place for true lovers of the nature and the culture

• 8th Feb 2012
  • Belgium
  • Couple, 41+

The room was adequate and clean. It was nice that there was a pool available on site. Please note that if you are looking to stay for a long period of time that the resteraunt on site is priced more for fine dining. The food is excellent but mid to upper price range. I would stay there again.

• 5th Oct 2011

The rooms were very small, no window, and the smell in the rooms was teririble. Also ants were walking through the room en a scorpion. We asked for other rooms but these were even more dirty. We left the place, after we asked our depositmoney back....the staff said: that is your problem. So, we did not stay in this hostel and tried to find on other place to sleep at 10.30 in the evening.

• 10th Dec 2010

We had a fantastic vacation and would definitely stay at the Landhuis Daniel again. The room was neat and clean, the restaurant amazing, the staff were very nice and the pool was superior!

loved it; best deal on the island. We loved Olga! All the staff, great.

Good value-beautiful setting-great food. I would visit again.

lovely hotel with nice restaurant and brilliant dive shop at very reasonable prices

Good Cooking ! and Excellent Diving Shop!

Very quiet spot manly used by old dutch couples . Considering Curacao is really small island the location is not that important....anyway is a bit in the middle of nowhere....the swimmingpool is small and not really clean but afterall the landhuis is average cleanlilness ...price for the room are quite good and fair ...staff not really friendly ...but at least they put an effort to give a little smile in the morning...