Langstars Reviews

Langstrasse 120, Zurich, Switzerland

Great hostel! Staff and other visitors were very friendly and you get a free drink at the bar!

• 22nd Feb 2015

They don't have a 24/7 reception which makes it difficult to arrive (if your flight or train is late you are just out of luck and homeless for the night) and if you leave early there's a long, not very convenient procedure (you give the key back the night before and then are not allowed to leave your dorm room because you won't be allowed back in--bathroom is OUTSIDE the dorm room). It's close-ish to the main train station which is convenient and also in the red light district.

• 21st Feb 2015

Check in is until midnight. Early check-out is easy: you just do the check out the night before and of course you can use the toilet and leave the room when you do an early check-out!!!

Decent hostel in a decent location. There's a cafe/bar attached and you're given a free drink! Great stuff. All the beds have three plug points and a small lamp each so it's well equipped for a decent nights sleep and recharge. I had some extremely noisy people staying in the hostel - but that's not the hostel's fault so I can't knock any points down. Theres only 2 showers and 1 toilet between 12 people... so it might mean you have to get up extra early for a shower.

We had booked dorm beds but were given an apartment instead. The receptionist was friendly, but did not know where the apartment was located and also told us that we would be staying there by ourselves, although it wasn't so. Location is okay, but cleanlines could be improved a lot. Breakfast was beter than we expected. All in all a very average hostel, we have stayed in much cheaper and better places.

Sorry this was a new receptionist, but she informed you less than one hour later that there are more People. As you booked a 6-bed dorm. DON'T COMPARE THE PRICES OF SWISS HOSTELS WITH HOSTELS IN OTHER COUNTRIES, as the Swiss franc is very strong. You booked the cheapest dorm in central Zurich!

It's located near the main station. You need only 10-15 minutes walk. Only one reason that I disappointed is there is only one shower 10-12 people use at the same floor. However, stuffs are very nice and you diffinately like this hostel!!

The staffs are really friendly and the hostel provide breakfast :) only thing to take note is that it can get really noisy at night.

Stove was broken and looked to have been that way for quite a while. Only cooking you can do is in the microwave. Bums wander in off the street for the free breakfast.

There is NO kitchen facilities in our hostel, except a microwave!!!

Best hostel in Europe by far, really recommend to all, and special thanks and 5 gold stars to Jana and Feya

This is a great hostel to go to!

Good location nice place, no elevator but hey thats a good workout before going out

• 25th Jan 2015
  • martintalvari9222
  • Estonia

Hostel easy to be located, staff very friendly, they explained a lot of things about the city and even gave us a map with a route for a self guided tour. The installations were very clean and comfortable, good common area and good wifi. Breakfast very tasty. Definitely would stay again in a next visit.

Probably among the best hostel experiences I've had, the staff members who checked us both in and out were enormously accommodating.

• 11th Jan 2015

Great location - within walking distance to the main train station. My only complaint is that on the bottom floor there is a bar, and for the two nights I was there, I didn't sleep well as I could hear the loud music (live band - loud bass), even from the third floor. But apart from that, it was a good stay

Good Hostel! Easy to reach from the train station. The rooms are ok, accessible by stairs. The beds are a bit noisy though. The wifi works pretty well and the breakfast is good. Cool bar and great music every night!

Femal staff was the best! She was really kind and friendly. She gave me a free map, swiss chocolate, and greeted me nicely.

Free breakfast and a free drink from the bar. Zurich's an expensive city in general, so this really was the best hostel for the price-conscious. The 12 bed mixed dorm had two ensuite bathrooms and a kitchen, which was a pleasant surprise. The bunk beds are low though, so you can't sit up on the bottom bunk without hitting your head. The beds are also REALLY creaky.

I had an alright stay here. It was kinda far from anything I wanted to see in Zurich but it wasn't too bad. The street this hostel is located on is kinda dirty it seems but the hostel can't help that. It's mainly a party area. One of the things that stood out to me was I had a bottom bunk in a bunk bed and I couldn't even sit up because the bed above me was too low. Other than that it was an alright stay.

Zurich is very expensive, so it's not Langstars' fault that they're not a great "value for money," but this was definitely one of my favorite hostels to stay at. Great atmosphere, nice people, excellent location!

• 21st Dec 2014

Hostel was pretty good. Can't complain. I was in a girls dorm and it was clean and great lockers, bed was fine. Common area was cool, boyfriend was in a share dorm and reckons it was sweet as. Would stay there again.

Good location, close to the train station. Hostel spreads 4 floors and there is only one common area on the 3rd floor. At night the staircase is quite dark, there's only one motion sensor light at the first floor which shuts off before you've reached the second. Beds are pretty comfortable but the room I was staying in nobody in the room could figure out how to turn the overhead lights on.

« first « Prev 1 2 3