Langstars Reviews

Langstrasse 120, Zurich, Switzerland

Overall a nice and decent place to stay. Located not far from the central station, easy access by bus 3. Free breakfast and a free drink every night, that's great when you are in the most expensive city in the world! Bar downstairs is cool place to hangout. Staffs are good, Stayed at the 12 bed dorm on 4th floor, it's a big spacious room with toilet & 2 showers,mini kitchen. There's a common room in the 3rd floor. No elevator and could be bit noisy in the evenings because of the area.

they have a major bed bugs problem! I have so many bites on my entire body that I couldn't really enjoy my stay in Zürich because of that. the hostel wouldn't be that bad, it's well located and the staff is nice and helpful. there is a nice bar downstairs with cheap beer and concerts. but unless they resolve the problem with bed bugs I wouldn't recommend to stay here, those bites are extremely annoying!

Sorry for that. we sovled this problem as soon as we knew of it. We have a contract with a professional company to get rid of bed bugs. Traveller didn't report any problems before you.

One bathroom for 12 person is not enough!! The breakfast is not good but there's the free welcome drink 5CHF. This hostel is a bit far from the station. (15 min walk). And you have to check in with the staff at the pub, some of tourists may not like it.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Thailand

you booked the room with 12 Person one toilet, so please what read what you book. In the bar are many toilets you can use. The free breakfast is a very good deal for Zurich, you stayed in one of the most expensive Cities in the wolrd. I

This is actually a really good hostel. It's pretty nice, the rooms are big and with huge lockers. Good facilities in a good location (don't worry about the reviews that mention the red light district, it's super safe) and a really nice live music bar downstairs. You also get a free drink every night and a free buffet breakfast in the morning! It's expensive but Zurich is crazy expensive.

Very beautiful hostel, but very noisy, if you like nightlife you can chose it ( at first floor there is a very big pub ) but if you want just to rest is not a good idea, they have music and disco untill 2 am, for zurigo prices is a very good solution.

Fun atmosphere, fun people

Dorms are nice. Clean. Beds are good. Lockers are really secure with power outlets built into the inside so you can lock your electronics. Bar downstairs is decent. Washroom lacked warm water for the shower sometimes. All in all good place to stay.

Great experience overall! Would definitely go back again!

• 19th Oct 2014

Hostel well located - 5min walking to the old town- Party hostel with a nice bar that play concerts, very nice atmosphere to know new people and party at Zurich. Had no problems to sleep since the rooms are above the bar.

the bed and linen are quite dirty, the hostel only provide a very thin sleeping bag... only one toilet + bathroom

Every guest gets a clean sleeping bag and pillow cover to sleep inside. To cover you have a blanket. there are many toilets in the Basement of the hostel.

The good points of this hostel is that it is only a 10 minute walk from the main station and shops but it is in the red light district. The staff are friendly and when you check in you get a very scrumptious chocolate bar. Each night you also get given a free drink at the bar to the value of Sf5. They also have a well stocked bar and a band on weekends but the noise doesn’t reach your room.

Definitely in a happening part of Zurich. There was a live band and the bar was bumping. However it took the staff a while to check us in cause they were too busy serving drinks. Free breakfast is a plus and no one can get into the building with a key. Very small rooms but good stay overall.

You get what you pay for. Switzerland is very expensive so this was the cheapest we could find. Staff is great, bar is good and relatively cheap. In the red light district so lots of different characters. Bed wasn't the cleanest and the kitchen didn't work in the room so had to buy food which wasn't ideal

Be advised, this hostel is in zurich's red light district. Not a problem for me, especially since Zurich has a fairly tame red light district, but it could freak some people out. Otherwise, the bar on the ground floor is cool and a fun place to hang out and talk to other travelers.

Needs more bathroom facilities. Good breakfast, big lockers, helpful staff. I would stay here again.

Langstars was in a good location for the bar scene, which we liked, but if you're not into that than I would try somewhere else because its in the red light district. It made for good people watching while we drank our beers so we didn't mind! The staff was nice and the bar was cool, with live music most nights we were there and a free drink for every night you stayed. It was an easy walk to the train station and downtown Zurich and the lockers had outlets inside of them, which was awesome.

This hostel does the job, but I found the room much too small for 6 people and all their luggage. I liked the neighbourhood and the staff were very friendly. Also a nice breakfast in the bar/cafe downstairs.

Far to be the best hotel that I have been in Europe. Although, I can't imagine some budget place better to young people stay in Zurich !!

It's a little pricey (but it's Switzerland...) but has a good "hostel" feel to it. I was happy that the price included a free drink, chocolate, and breakfast, I would stay here again!

Staff were very friendly but also very busy. They operate the hostel as well as a bar so to check-in during the busy time could be challenging (for the staff). On the weekend there are some bands playing so it could be loud. The hostel offers a free beer/wine every day. I was drowsy after a day's activities and a beer so the loudness of the activities in the night does not quite affect me.

« first « Prev 1 2 3