Langstars Reviews

Langstrasse 120, Zurich, Switzerland

Hostel easy to be located, staff very friendly, they explained a lot of things about the city and even gave us a map with a route for a self guided tour. The installations were very clean and comfortable, good common area and good wifi. Breakfast very tasty. Definitely would stay again in a next visit.

Probably among the best hostel experiences I've had, the staff members who checked us both in and out were enormously accommodating.

• 11th Jan 2015

Great location - within walking distance to the main train station. My only complaint is that on the bottom floor there is a bar, and for the two nights I was there, I didn't sleep well as I could hear the loud music (live band - loud bass), even from the third floor. But apart from that, it was a good stay

Good Hostel! Easy to reach from the train station. The rooms are ok, accessible by stairs. The beds are a bit noisy though. The wifi works pretty well and the breakfast is good. Cool bar and great music every night!

Femal staff was the best! She was really kind and friendly. She gave me a free map, swiss chocolate, and greeted me nicely.

Free breakfast and a free drink from the bar. Zurich's an expensive city in general, so this really was the best hostel for the price-conscious. The 12 bed mixed dorm had two ensuite bathrooms and a kitchen, which was a pleasant surprise. The bunk beds are low though, so you can't sit up on the bottom bunk without hitting your head. The beds are also REALLY creaky.

I had an alright stay here. It was kinda far from anything I wanted to see in Zurich but it wasn't too bad. The street this hostel is located on is kinda dirty it seems but the hostel can't help that. It's mainly a party area. One of the things that stood out to me was I had a bottom bunk in a bunk bed and I couldn't even sit up because the bed above me was too low. Other than that it was an alright stay.

Zurich is very expensive, so it's not Langstars' fault that they're not a great "value for money," but this was definitely one of my favorite hostels to stay at. Great atmosphere, nice people, excellent location!

• 21st Dec 2014

Hostel was pretty good. Can't complain. I was in a girls dorm and it was clean and great lockers, bed was fine. Common area was cool, boyfriend was in a share dorm and reckons it was sweet as. Would stay there again.

Good location, close to the train station. Hostel spreads 4 floors and there is only one common area on the 3rd floor. At night the staircase is quite dark, there's only one motion sensor light at the first floor which shuts off before you've reached the second. Beds are pretty comfortable but the room I was staying in nobody in the room could figure out how to turn the overhead lights on.

Zürich is a really expensive city. The hostel was the cheapest bed per night we could find. It was good for what you paid for. I didn't kike that we had to sleep inside doña cover style sheets rather than under bed sheets - that kind of indicates the bed sheets don't get washed after every visit which is a little gross. The bathrooms and kitchenette are very clean.

This is a pretty good hostel. Right in the party district, but walking distance from the train station, lake and old town. Security is great, big lockers with power inside, good beds, nice and clean. The only small 'con' I would mention is that my 12-bed dorm only had one toilet, which was in the shower room, so it was often busy. Main 'pro' - this hostel does a great free breakfast.

As has been said: it's Switzerland, so don't expect cheap. When compared to other places, though, it was reasonable for Zurich on a Thursday/Friday. Big lockers and double key entry means most of your stuff is safe at all times. Single bathroom with toilet and shower in the same room can be hard to manage for a 12 person room, but I think a 2nd shower was on the way. Free small draught beer/night you stay and live music in the restaurant were fun. Decent cold breakfast for being included.

Be aware that this hostel is in a dodgy area, however close to several bars and clubs and not too far from the main train station. The 12 bed dorm was not full for most of our stay but felt large enough to accommodate the full capacity despite only one bathroom to share. Kitchen in room didn't work but plenty of cheap food nearby. Bar a bit noisy but not til too late. Take advantage of the free drink voucher as the bar downstairs is fun with live music most nights and relatively cheap drinks.

The water in the bathroom is quite weak.apart from that everything was good.the location the service...I would stay here if I could have chane to come back.it has small bar at the first floor and it was really enjoying spending time here

Overall a nice and decent place to stay. Located not far from the central station, easy access by bus 3. Free breakfast and a free drink every night, that's great when you are in the most expensive city in the world! Bar downstairs is cool place to hangout. Staffs are good, Stayed at the 12 bed dorm on 4th floor, it's a big spacious room with toilet & 2 showers,mini kitchen. There's a common room in the 3rd floor. No elevator and could be bit noisy in the evenings because of the area.

Good base for exploring Zurich. Like everything else in Switzerland, grossly overpriced. Staff was friendly and helpful. Nice room with lockers and small fridge, this was warm and comfortable. The bar below and street were noisy until very late/early, 5 or 6am, so you'd better not be a light sleeper. Considering the alternatives, I would definitely stay again.

Overall, good experience. Pretty sure I got some bed bug bites during my stay though.

• 18th Nov 2014

they have a major bed bugs problem! I have so many bites on my entire body that I couldn't really enjoy my stay in Zürich because of that. the hostel wouldn't be that bad, it's well located and the staff is nice and helpful. there is a nice bar downstairs with cheap beer and concerts. but unless they resolve the problem with bed bugs I wouldn't recommend to stay here, those bites are extremely annoying!

Sorry for that. we sovled this problem as soon as we knew of it. We have a contract with a professional company to get rid of bed bugs. Traveller didn't report any problems before you.

One bathroom for 12 person is not enough!! The breakfast is not good but there's the free welcome drink 5CHF. This hostel is a bit far from the station. (15 min walk). And you have to check in with the staff at the pub, some of tourists may not like it.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Thailand

you booked the room with 12 Person one toilet, so please what read what you book. In the bar are many toilets you can use. The free breakfast is a very good deal for Zurich, you stayed in one of the most expensive Cities in the wolrd. I

« first « Prev 1 2 3