Langstars Reviews

Langstrasse 120, Zurich, Switzerland

The staff was great, they are really prepared to do their job

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Panama

I enjoyed staying here but be warned, this is in the red light district. Overal I was very happy with this hostel it was very nice and clean with friendly staff.

Great, clean, and fun atmosphered hostel. Large rooms and plenty of space to move around. Large lockers to put your things. One of the most spacious hostels I've been too! Would come back again! I wish they had an elevator because the hike up to the fourth floor was the only thing unpleasant about my stay! Very safe hostel!

Very noisy at night...very low sleep quality

The hostel is quite far from the Old Town. It is situated in the district with a lot of clubs so having a nice sleep is difficult with the loud noise from night up to 3-4 in the morning. Expensive price and facilities is not very good. Practically everyone can enter each other' s room as the same key works for all rooms and no lockers, pretty insecure for me.

The hostel was located in a fantastic area. Close to the main train/bus station. You receive some chocolate and a free beer coupon upon arrival.

Was a good hostel- only issues were the volume at night, even with earplugs, as it's in a busy night strip (? Zurich's red light district!). Secondly, was a very warm room! Great experience still though.

Was extremely happy with my stay at the big Apple. Was blown away by the friendly staff, clean facilities and great breakfast. I recommend this hostel to anybody who wants their stay in Istanbul to be a success. Ugur is a super star! Lots of love from Australia.

• 19th Jul 2014

Fabulous atmosphere, lots of cool people, great bar and would definitely recommend!

• 17th Jul 2014

This hostel was in a good location in comparison to the old town but keep in mind it is on the party street in Zurich, a lot of very "different" characters on this street I would not suggest walking out at night by yourself. It also stayed very loud outside until about 5:30am. The staff were friendly and nice, they had plugs in the lockers which was great. The common room and bar were conducive for making friends in the hostel.

The showers were very very cold which must be horrible in the winter, but everything else was great.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

Pretty average to mediocre hostel. I don't mind paying that much for a hostel as long as it's a great hostel, but I definitely felt like I didn't get my money's worth out of it. There's no refrigerator in the kitchen, so expect to shop everytime you cook. Request a room not facing the street, during the summer you have a choice of either not sleeping because the noise but having the window open or baking but not having the noise. That being said, if you're looking to go out, location is perfect

Free breakfast, fast internet, free beer, lockers, big beds, charger in bed, clean toilets, nice bar staff, security door, good location. Negatives: small rooms

I thought it was a great hostel. Hands down, best staff and free breakfast. Small bedrooms BUT huge lockers in each room. Great bar downstairs, separate from rooms, had a jam session while I was there. Oh there's a happy hour and a free beer. No lift but it's my fault for overpacking. Single girl traveling alone, the red light district didn't phase me. Grocery stores close.

Good and friendly staff with a lot of nice tips about Zurich and Region. The reception is a nice bar/cantine where you can find a good breakfast and alternative people from the whole World.

When I was delayed going into Austria, I had to make a last minute decision to find a hostel in Zurich. This hostel was easy to find, the staff very kind, and everything was clean! Also the Wifi connection was strong and worked well in my 3rd floor room.

Very nice hostel. Fantastic atmosphere and staff.

Fine place to stay for a few nights. Good bar that offers drink specials. BIt of an odd mix of travelers and people looking for the cheapest accommodation they can find in Zurich, though.

Atmosphere was great. Right in the middle of the fun part of Zürich, lost of fun to be had, small bars, cafés, pubs, really great place to hang out. Also, the hostel functions as a bar, and a pretty good bar at that. I had an awesome time!

A pretty nice place to stay. It's pretty much a hostel on top of a bar that's always busy at night. It's pretty loud with the sound traveling up into the rooms, but so is the street noise. The location has a few 'cheap' places to eat around and plenty of other bars. I would stay here again

« first « Prev 1 2 3