Langstars Reviews

Langstrasse 120, Zurich, Switzerland

This hostel does the job, but I found the room much too small for 6 people and all their luggage. I liked the neighbourhood and the staff were very friendly. Also a nice breakfast in the bar/cafe downstairs.

It's a little pricey (but it's Switzerland...) but has a good "hostel" feel to it. I was happy that the price included a free drink, chocolate, and breakfast, I would stay here again!

Staff were very friendly but also very busy. They operate the hostel as well as a bar so to check-in during the busy time could be challenging (for the staff). On the weekend there are some bands playing so it could be loud. The hostel offers a free beer/wine every day. I was drowsy after a day's activities and a beer so the loudness of the activities in the night does not quite affect me.

It's about a 15-20 minute walk from the station and old town. I was on the 3rd floor which is where the common room is so was great for meeting people. The bar down stairs is also really good for meeting people especially if you're there over the weekend which I was because it gets pretty busy due to the live music. A cleaner came in every day and made sure the bathroom was clean. There was only 1 between 12 of us which wasn't ideal if you needed the toilet in the morning! Overall a great stay

If you don't factor in price the hostel itself is quite good. The staff were lovely and incredibly helpful, especially the blonde girl working in the cafe. Spacious area, there are quite a few stairs to get up there, and there were 2 bathrooms in the dorm which was great. The beds are creaky, small and quite uncomfortable.

Well I would be able to comment on this place if the staff didn't lie to me. I called multiple times regarding my travel arrangements and the staff on duty said they would be at reception waiting for me at the agreed time. I show up 5 minutes before, no answer, no one around. I called and called again and the 'emergency number' on the door was disconnected. Garbage. Should not be charged.

• 1st Sep 2014

It's a good place right at the spot where you would love to party

• 29th Aug 2014
  • India

First off, there is not much to do in Zurich. I would recommend just going straight to the alps. The old town is cool, but after two days you have pretty much seen all that Zurich has to offer. If you stay in Zurich for two nights though, this is the place to stay (*especially* on the weekend). Great nightlife (on the weekend) especially in the bar just downstairs. The beds are nice and the atmosphere is welcoming. Lockers in room are huge and facilities are great. Definitely recommend.

This was the more expensive hostel we stayed at and with less facilities and confort at all.

In Zurich everything is more expensive, so please don't compare to other cities!! compare to Zurich *** you booked the cheapest dorm in central zurich, so don't expect a luxury dorm for this Price.

First off, great location right in the red light district (not being sarcastic). Plenty of bars and strip clubs around. Hostel itself has a nice atmosphere and it's easy to meet people at the bar downstairs. Room/bed were great, very clean. Bathrooms were also very clean. Only major complaint is that I did not get hot water for 2 days despite informing the staff... they said just to wait till the boiler restarted but it appeared to be broken. Staff were otherwise very helpful.

The staff was great, they are really prepared to do their job

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Panama

I enjoyed staying here but be warned, this is in the red light district. Overal I was very happy with this hostel it was very nice and clean with friendly staff.

Great, clean, and fun atmosphered hostel. Large rooms and plenty of space to move around. Large lockers to put your things. One of the most spacious hostels I've been too! Would come back again! I wish they had an elevator because the hike up to the fourth floor was the only thing unpleasant about my stay! Very safe hostel!

I liked this hostel but it wasn't the best I've ever stayed at. For the price I paid I expected more. Still, it is clean, showers are good and you get free breakfast so I'd probably stay here again.

Good hostel in the nightlife area of zurich and has a pretty cool little bar downstairs! Staff are friendly and helpful

Very noisy at night...very low sleep quality

The hostel is quite far from the Old Town. It is situated in the district with a lot of clubs so having a nice sleep is difficult with the loud noise from night up to 3-4 in the morning. Expensive price and facilities is not very good. Practically everyone can enter each other' s room as the same key works for all rooms and no lockers, pretty insecure for me.

The hostel was located in a fantastic area. Close to the main train/bus station. You receive some chocolate and a free beer coupon upon arrival.

Since everything is expensive in Switzerland u cant complain about the price...:p Bein still the most cheapest hostel i found from central it was great value for money!... :) big plus for the nice staff n the atmosphere in downstairs bar :)

Was a good hostel- only issues were the volume at night, even with earplugs, as it's in a busy night strip (? Zurich's red light district!). Secondly, was a very warm room! Great experience still though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3