Lantana Lodge International Backpackers Reviews

60 St Georges Bay Road, Parnell, Auckland, New Zealand

No 24h reception. I had to wait until 3pm because I arrived at 12:30 pm. The Staff was very nice and helpfull. Free WiFi. There was just access zu one computer but internet was also free, so thumbs up :) I found all I needed in the kitchen. There was just one shower but it worked great and I never had to wait for taking a shower. Walking to the city takes about 20 min and its easy to find. The same for big supermarket countdouwn. Lantana Lodge was perfect for my first day

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Liechtenstein

Thank you for choosing our hostel. We are looking forward to see you again! Have fun in New Zealand :D

I booked 3 nights here, but i was relocated without explanation to City Garden Lodge, which belongs to the same manager. They tried to make me sleep in a 7 person tent, on a mattress on the floor, but luckily they changed that in a couple of minutes, and got a bed in a proper dorm. Still, they just gave a 10$ discount for the trouble (which was the difference in price between tent and dorm!). The beds were old and noisy, bed linen so wear it was transparent, terrible kitchen tools...

So sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please forgive us for our mistakes and thank you for staying in City Garden Lodge, it's a beautiful and comfortable lodge. I guarantee nothing like this will ever happen again :D

Very cool place if you just arrived from 28Hrs fight in an aircraft and you want to relax. Perfect as well if you want a cool place with not too much people. Free Wifi is a plus.

• 26th Nov 2014

Hey Vincent. Thank you for choosing lantana lodge for your accomodation in Auckland. We are looking forward to your stay again. Have fun in NZ...

A great hostel if you're staying long time in Auckland for work or studies, but for a short term traveller it's more strict than you're usual hostel and not a place to meet fellow travellers in my opinion.

Thanks Tom for staying in Lantana Lodge. We are looking forward to see you again :D

Nice quiet place just off Parnell St. Lots of restaurants and shops a few minutes away. Easy walk to Newmarket and even a reasonable one down to Viaduct Harbor and the downtown area. Quiet and clean with lockers in the rooms and good wifi. I would definitely stay here again.

Thank Andrew for staying in lantana lodge. We are looking forward to see you again. Have a great time in NZ.

Der Teppich in unserem Raum roch nach Schweiß. Wohlgemerkt der ganze Teppich also eher ein ReinigungsProblem

• 16th Nov 2014

Sorry i can't read german. But thank you for staying in Lantana lodge. Looking forward to see you again.

I really loved this place, this is the favorite backpacker I have been in for me. I strongly recommend this place, people are very nice, it’s safe and friendly! I would have loved more time there, and I wish I can go back whenever I have to stay at Auckland!

Thanks Amelia for staying in Lantana Lodge. We are looking forward to see you again. :D

location, location was great walking distance to city and supermarket and shops. Newly carpeted and painted very nice. good beds and really quiet at night being a small hostel and layout. Great place for a family like ours to stay.

Thanks Tricia for staying in lantana lodge. Hope to see you again.

There are hostels which are just basic and you know what to expect. Then there are those that are just overwhelming: clean, tidy, friendly... all those things. And then there those that just don't care and still charge you the average hostel price or even more. For me LL was the latter. Lots of beds in small rooms, small kitchen, rather filthy. The house has a lot of potential. But it needs people to look after it and invest some love. It's okay for a night or two. But dont expect to feel @home.

Hi Matthias We try to keep the rooms & the kitchen clean as much as we can. Some times if it is a dorm room then it becomes difficult as we don't want to move their bags & personal stuff. We have refurbished the whole place in last 4 months. It has new carpet,all rooms have been freshly painted including the kitchen,lounge & bathroom. Next time you ever come to auckland,you must come down to lantana lodge to have a look. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Nice place! A little bit out of the way, but not a bad walk to get there. Would stay here again!

Hi Justin Thank you for staying in lantana lodge. Just to let you know we have refurbished the place. All the rooms have been freshly pained & has new carpet. It is looking amazing. You should def come next time you are in auckland. Cheers.

Great location for French market- a must do on the weekend and only 2 mins walk. Kiko the manager is lovely and very friendly and hard working. The rooms are overcrowded 8 beds and not enough floor space for 8 people's bags. Small lockers in room for valuables. Showers hot and good power. Kitchen tiny - suggest eat in Parnell. Whole place needs a coat of paint and a few less beds. Would not recommend

Hi Olivia We would like to inform you that we have refurbished the whole place. All the rooms have been freshly painted & has new carpet. Please do come to have a look next time you are in auckland. I am sure you will be delighted.

Great hostel, would stay there again as good value for money. Also one of the few places with free wi fi (what's up with charging for wi if NZ?!). Location is good, quiet but near downtown. Kitchen and shower alright, good for price. The excellent fan tail adventures comes by there, would thoroughly recommended that. Nice and quiet hostel, laid back. Only gripe is the closed for lunch reception between 1 and 4. Annoying but for the price can live with it.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The lodge is like a small family where you will know everyone in no time. You can walk to the city centre super market. Would Definitely recommend.

Nice quiet location, great if you want a good nights sleep. Staff were quite friendly, but not too helpful. Atmosphere was rather poor, most people kept themselves to themselves and didn't want to socialise. Overall a good hostel to start with - however, if you are wanting to socialise, I wouldn't recommend it

free wifi working great and in our room, also free internet terminals. free drinking water. not exactly in town, it's a 45 minute walk. we had our own fridge in our room.

the only let down for me was that some french git sat outside the window of our dorm talking very loudly well after the 10.30pm cutoff time for keeping quiet, if this sort of ignorance could somehow be avoided then it would be 100% all good - i always enjoy my stay at Lantana and am always thanked for coming back - that is appreciated :)

• 30th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

\There should be at least ONE clean \]ing person to keep a standard.

• 16th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Hi Joy Iam sure you must be mistaken with the lodge. You said to me that you enjoyed your stay & will book again whenever you come back to Auckland. Please check your e.mail & do reply to me back. Regarding the cleaning we have three staff & two cleaners. Our lodge is of nine rooms only & it is cleaned two times daily which is sufficient for the size of this lodge. Iam very surprised & disappointed with your comment. My staff has read your comment & we disagree to this.

Solid, relatively quiet place to stay for a decent price. A lot of long-term stayers doing their thing but nice enough.

A good place to stay but a bit far from the city center. The receptionist was really nice, she helped us to stock our big luggages in a secure place. The owners were perfect, they helped us to get back our luggages during the night. That means there's nobody in charge of the hostel during the night. The different people were really nice. Bad point : there are some cockroach in the rooms above.

Very lovely place to stay!! Was definetly worth paying 10 bucks more than the cheapest hostel in auckland. I can only suggest people to book here

• 30th Oct 2013