Lantern Guesthouse Reviews

Qbajjar Road, Marsalforn - Gozo, Gozo, Malta

Its moore a hotel then a hostel. Nice room close to the harbor and the bus stop.

A very nice stay generally. The room had a small balcony, very nice to sit out in mornings and evenings. Everything we expected.

... Clean, central, wonderful staff, great rooms with everything you need. Have now stayed two times and is my only choice when in Gozo. Will be recommending this property to family and friends!

A nice, family-run place, and the owners are very giving with their time. I'd be back.

The staff were very helpful and the room was bright and clean. The bathroom facilities needed updating, e.g. low shower pressure, ineffective toilet flush.

• 4th Jun 2013
  • Wales

I enjoyed my stay at the lantern guesthouse and would stay here again if back on Gozo. Staff were very helpful and friendly.

great place, fantastic breakfast. everything spotless clean. Joseph always there to help on anything you need.

• 21st Sep 2012
  • Spain

Very friendly, family run Guest House, Lovely room with sunny balcony, admittedly on the street but this was not a problem for me. Compact bathroom unit with constant hot water, and everything kept extremely clean-more towel & sheet changes as some 4* Hotels!. I only booked B&B and do not eat much for breakfast. but the amount of different food on offer was excellent, again putting more expensive Hotels to shame . .I would love to return again next year.

Though high season, Lantern try to make U happy. Good breakfast and fruits,and possible to get gluten/lactosfree is nearby. Hard working Family who fixed the double matress we payed for. Less good: toilet flush, catwee smell, TV size and fridge took 1 day to get a little cold. Clean and friendly! The sign about not disturbing at night(4am...) could be moved down to entrance. THANKX And should fix this commentwindow. Letters moving to end of sentence...hard to add words..

• 20th Jul 2012
  • Sweden
  • Couple, 41+

Great place to stay. Breakfast is wonderful, location is great because the island is so small and so easy to get around, and the bus stop into the main city is close to the hostel. Staff are friendly and location wise within Marsalforn, you're in the heart of it. Beach around the corner.

very charming place

The owners were friendly, but I was horrified when I turned the bed back to get in and found black hairs, it really put me off. Later I saw the owner picking up a T towel (that he was using to dry dishes with) by using his feet.

• 30th Aug 2011

Lantern Guest House is the most lovely place to stay in while visiting Marsalforn. The family is very nice and serviceminded and you feel free to ask whatever you need to know about Gozo or Malta. You will always be met by a warm smile when you come for breakfast where you can choose fresh fruits, toasted bread, ham, cheese or salami, tomatos and fried egg. Next time I'll visit Gozo I will certainly stay in Lantern Guest House. Thanks to you Joseph & Danilo for your great hospitality. Kerstin

Thanks for your coments.From Joseph.

Very charming guest house in excellent location. Only minus is extra charge for the internet usage.

fan is extremely noisy - couldnt sleep. Doors should be double gazed as the street is busy and alot of cars pass

Joesph and his family were very nice and helpful to us! and when our toilet broke he was very quick to fix it! :)

+ pickup from the ferry - variety of the breakfast

Have been traveling solid now for 6 months through out the world and found this place the best so far. Gozo Rocks

Exelent service by owner Joseph who made breakfast by the order each morning! Centrally located 1 block from waterfront. However some rooms face the main street which can be noisy until 11pm. - later no problem. Two occasions my room was left unlocked by cleaning maid - but the sleepy village and the hostel itself felt safe anyhow. Plus for balcony, mini-fridge, nice hard bed, cleanliness and owners!

The family felling is fantastic here!! The area is a bit quiet, but there are plenty of things to do if you just hope on a bus. Three places to relax and swim near by. One of the friendliest spots I've ever been. I would recommend this to ever one interested in going to Gozo. Thank-you for taking such good care of me....p.s take bus #25 from ferry to victoria, then #21 to lanternhouse. only 0.47 cents per trip. enjoy!!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4