Lapa Astral Hostel Reviews

Rua Joaquim Silva, 123 Lapa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

All the employees who works at the hostel doesn't speak English!

I was there for only a night as I was in Rio to get my US visa done. The staff was super friendly, they were the best!! Always willing to help me with whatever I needed. Zé knows Rio like the palm of his hand. The hotel is in the heart of Lapa, super close to Santos Dumont Airport (5 dolars taxi ride) and 3 minutes away from a bus stop where you'll find buses to wherever you need to be. Nice hot shower, good matress. Breakfest was ok.

They should clearly advertise this as a party hostel for being in the middle of the Lapa craziness. Cant say I enjoyed not sleeping for 3 days and I don´t understand why the hostel played club level music starting at 7 when people were just trying to chill and talk; my friends and I had to scream to be heard. Other than that: it had a sad breakfast, see through bathroom stalls w/broken doors, relatively hot showers, fast wifi, and didn´t overcharge for the World Cup.

If you are looking for a place with a night life this is the spot. If you are looking for a place to relax and get a good night sleep at night, this is not the place. Toilets are tinny. I've see airplane toilets that are bigger and more privacy. Definitely have the chance to meet friendly travelers at Lapa Astral. Make sure to take a lock for your valueables. They just installed big metal lockers which is a plus.

• 11th Jul 2014

Several of the storage cabinets were broken and my drawer was blocked by one of them, but I had enough room. Would be nice to have those replaced

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels