Laranja Mecanica Hostel & Pousada Reviews

Rua Rodrigues Caldas, 703, Sto Agostinho, Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Hostel with nice decoration, comfortable rooms, clean common areas and good facilities (wifi - TV - kitchen - balcony). They have good breakfast and the staff is really nice too. They have two houses with different kind of rooms in a quiet street at night.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Spain

Very helpful staff.

- It is very easy to someone who is not a guest to enter and catch the key of a private room, although nothing like that happened while I was in the hostel. - Very good wifi connection and good commodities

Great hostel, cool design and well located close to bus stops and supermarket. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would definitely get back!

Excellent hostel. I think you should consider allowing guests to check-in before midday.

Enjoyed Clockwork Orange themed hostel. Something different. Helpful staff. Big dorms. Very clean. Good breakfast. Kitchen in House 2 a little small.

I Had a very nice surprise when I entered the hostel. It is very clean and organized, a place where you can have a rest and the staff is very kind too. You have many options at the time to have your breakfast!!...I really recomend it! regards.

• 3rd Jan 2014
  • Argentina

Didn't try other hostel in BH but it's quite easy to think that it is for sure one of the best there. They have two houses to host guests, one in front of the other. Security is ok, staff is very nice and helpful, speak different languages. Atmosphere is relaxed and the environment is new and clean. Location is nearby to one of the main streets so it will be easy to get a bus to get to the main squares etc. I recommend it and i'll stay with them again if i find myself in BH again.

I really enjoyed my two nights stay in the hostel, very clean, safe and close to downtown with the very nice Argentinian staff.

I only stayed there for one night before a flight from Belo Horizonte airport, but the hostel seemed very nice- safe neighbourhood not too far from the centre; modern, clean and spacious rooms and public areas; helpful staff. I would definitely return if I´m ever in BH again.

Very pleasant stay and the owners are very helpful people!! I'd definately go there again.

Location is very good and easy to go anywhere from there. A bit noisy (from the streets) at night at the second house. My bunk bed needed some repair. Staff is quite receptive.

I enjoyed the stay there! The only bad thing is that we got charged for the half price of a night, because we checked out 2h after the checkout time! (The hostel was not full, our room was empty, ...)

Good Staff, nice location, definitely recomended

Not much to do or eat close to hostel but easy access to bus lines.

The hostel has two buildings which are located across the road from each other. It is nice and tidy but lacked atmosphere when I was there and the staff seemed a bit distant. Also had to pay to use the computer

Staff is really nice. Had a short stay and everything was OK.

This is an excellent hostel, everything you need is close (supermarket, pharmacy, bus lines), the owner Sebastian is a very nice guy. The bathrooms are clean, my bed was comfortable and the breakfast is complete. Nothing to complain about, highly recommended!

Very, very cool hostel. I really enjoyed my stay at Laranja Mecánica. The dorm, in Hostel 2, was large and clean, and everything is new. I met people from many parts of Brazil and South America, who were there for McCartney's show! The idea of having two hostels facing each other is a plus, 'cause you can use services in both of the houses and meet more people.

• 3rd May 2013
  • Venezuela

Laranja mecânica is a very nice hostel! :) I think there are not a lot of Hostels in BH and if there were more, this one is surely the best one!Very original idea with the clockwork orange thing. Stuff very helpful, and there is good information about stuff to do, maps etc. Center and Party regions can be reached by foot in 20-30 Minutes. Super-breakfast. Que mais posso dizer? O hostal é ótimo e recomendável ! :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3