Las Musas Hostel Reviews

C/Jesus Y Maria 12, Madrid, Spain

Ok hostel. Atmosphere was pretty boring. Rooftop closes at 11 and they don't allow outside drinks there. The lockers require the use of a specific lock diameter, which is bullshit. I don't want to spend €3 just because I don't have the exact same lock

It's basically the same hostel as Way hostel. Same owner, same equipment, tours, food, pup crawls, same slow wifi, noisy short bunk beds. It's cheaper than Way but atmosphere is worse here.

We had an issue with the Aircon in the room. There was no remote and when someone went down to the front desk, it was stated that they weren't very helpful. It was our fault that the remote was lost and we should try and turn on the unit manually. Two girls went down three times and eventually the front desk guy came up couldn't get the unit to work and was going to walk out without saying anything. The girls who complained stopped him and asked the problem. His response was it was broke.

I was only at Las Musas for one night, but I really liked what I saw. Very nice common room and breakfast area. Seems like they had good activities and the staff were friendly. Only critique is that my room was really hot and stuffy, which made it hard to sleep.

Good enough. Shower in my the handicap room is hilariously poorly designed. It literally filled the bathroom with an inch of water. Which was funny. But everything else was pretty good. Definitely a fun hostel with great everything. Good location.

there are people from everywhere. It's easy to make friends. Enjoy your time at Las Musas.

The staff was nice, but useless. The first night, they had double-booked our beds. The staff barely helped, telling us to take whatever bed was open at the time. At 2 in the morning one of the other girls who thought she had a bed came in and got upset, waking everyone up because the hostel didn't tell her there was a problem. The second night, my friend possibly saw a bed bug, but all they did was switch our rooms - they did not check the bed that we know of. Tiny, tiny showers.

Ideally located, clean and felt secure and safe. The kitchen is very spacious and well equipped. The atmosphere was kind of blah to me, but I didn't join in on any pub crawls or activities, so that might be why. Its a big hostel, so sometimes cultivating a good vibe in big hostels can be hard. I will say that the staff is very apathetic, can't be bothered to look up from their phones to say hello, much less help you. Kitchen is closed at random times+two hours mid morning. OK for 1-2 nights.

great location. clean and safe.

Everything is fantastic!!!

Fun and helpful staff / environment. Pretty good location in Madrid. Only discomfort: cold showers. Would recommend staying again.

• 15th Jun 2015

Great hostel! I love staying at Musas and Wat hostels which are both owned by the same people. great astmosphere and facilities, the rooftop terrace bar just completes it.

A GREAT hostel with a GREAT atmosphere! Would highly recommend!

This is probably one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. My room (8 female dorm) was huge and had big windows, which was great in the summer. The bathroom was always fairly clean, and the atmosphere was social enough to make friends (I was traveling by myself), but everyone still respected others' personal space. They don't serve breakfast, but they serve free pastries and coffee in the morning, which does the trick most days. Also, I did the pub crawl on a Sunday night and it was GREAT!

The location of this hostel can be somewhat dodgy at certain times of the day, the staff here aren't very helpful (not to mention the pubcrawl run by the hostel definitely rates as one of the worst I have ever been on) and the social common areas have an awkward layout and close quite early.. Positives are the rooftop is incredible when its open, this place attracts a very good/fun crowd of people and almost every main attraction is easily accessible.

Had a great stay at Las Musas. Staff were great. Location is awesome. Not the cheapest in the world but you do get what you pay for. My only complaint was how loud the place was (I know hostels are loud - I've stayed in a lot. But this was another level). There needs to be some element of control to stop people running through the corridors at 4am shouting and banging on peoples doors!

They had a ping pong table and the cheapest drink went for €1. They also organised handy walking tours and pub crawls. Enough said.

I stayed for one night passing through Madrid. Very big hostel, has quite a commercial feel so not very atmospheric, but very clean and comfortable. The guys at the desk were lovely and helpful when I arrived.

• 11th Jun 2015

I will not hesitate to stay in Las Musas. Nice location and very clean place. Well done team Musas!

Nice hostel. Rooftop terrace was nice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7