Las Musas Hostel

9.0
Superb 8959 Total Reviews

15th Aug 2017
7.1

Assigned bed was not made and had dirty sheets on it. Upon telling staff they were apologetic and gave me new sheets. Decent location near the metro and walking distance to sol.

15th Aug 2017

I was only here for 2 days, but I felt like I was part of a much larger community. At the front desk, I had lengthy conversations with the super-friendly staff - like Carolina - who were interested in knowing just how I broke my foot. Spoiler alert: when BSB comes on at a wedding, just be careful. The rooms are air-conditioned and there's a cool lounge in the basement. I just wish they didn't close the kitchen so early. Next time I'm in Madrid, without a broken foot, I'm coming back.

• SachinKSunny
  • India, Male, 18-24
14th Aug 2017

The staff were super friendly and took extra care to make me feel at home. The Hostel also had a lot of fun social events that you could take part in.

• Daniadub2863
  • Israel, Female, 18-24
13th Aug 2017
7.1

I would not recommend this hostel to friends, it doesn't really have a hostel atmosphere, it's more like a cheep hotel. And what killed it for me is the fact that they close the kitchen for cleaning from 9:30-12:30 which makes absolutely no sense! That's when everyone wakes up, and the fact that you can't get to your stuff or even sit in a table really annoyed me.

• larndecarabas
  • New Zealand, Female, 18-24
11th Aug 2017

This is a really great hostel! It's in the heart of the city, rooms are really spacious and have an ensuite. The kitchen is ENORMOUS, biggest I've seen! Everything is really clean, staff are lovely and there are lots of events. Really was impressed with this hostel!

11th Aug 2017

The hostel itself is OK/good. The good: staff staff staff. Alex, Josefina, and Carolina (don't use her full name, she goes by nai or other) will make this your favorite hostel. MVPs of the hostel world Location is right between the main center and the train station, up to 15 minute walk to everything The bad: The kitchen closes around 11:00am, right when you need second breakfast and elevensies. Also my bathroom smelled pretty bad even after a daily cleaning. Definitely worth the stay

11th Aug 2017

Hostel location was very good, extremely easy to get to the airport and the subway. Madrid is small so the location is pretty central. The only problem was the security. They do not issue access cards to the front door, you just ring a bell and can walk in, so anyone could theoretically walk in. They do provide lockers but a standard padlock will not fit.

• brianAsilva12
  • USA, Male, 25-30
7.1

Overall stay wasn't bad. Madrid is a great city the Hostel was nice. I stayed with two other friends and a 4 bed room. Our roommate when we first got there seemed to be a panhandler who would hangout down the road and ask for money. He would ask us for money, cigerrets and any food that we had. He would wake us up in the middle of the night to do so.

• brittany_brock3561
  • USA, Female, 18-24
10th Aug 2017

Location is great, I was able to walk to most things and if not the metro was only a 5 minute walk away. There are multiple common areas which makes it easy to meet people. And the pub crawl was super fun, I recommend you to check it out!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
10th Aug 2017

Had such a great experience here! The staff were very friendly. The rooms were spacious and had security lockers for your things. The kitchen facilities were amazing. The location was wonderful, only a 5 minute walk from the centre.