Las Musas Hostel Reviews

C/Jesus Y Maria 12, Madrid, Spain

Very very good hotel for young people looking to have a good time and meet lots of people! I was there for 4 nights and enjoyed staying in the hostel maybe more than visiting the tourist attractions! Very fun staff, and the walking tour that they organise was excellent - I highly recommend it. Overall a very positive experience.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Argentina

Good hostel, clean, free breakfast, big kitchen. Only one bathroom/shower in my large dorm meant some waiting though. The location could also be better explained in the directions - Jesus y Maria is not the first or second street you'll find when in the square after walking out of Tirso de Molina.

Very friendly staff, excellent breakfast. Close to a supermarket if you prefer something different to churros. Very close to tube station. Went on the €10 bike tour which was fantastic! Beds and bathrooms are clean and comfortable. Need to provide your own lock for the locker and the lockers didn't seem to fit large suitcases or backpacks.

Great place with a good kitchen and good rooms. Best parts are the location and all the activities the hostel runs. One thing that bugged me a bit was no wifi in the room but other than that I was very happy

The hostel was situated in a kinds of shady place especially since we arrived at night. In the morning, it looked much better. It offers you yummy churro a for breakfast which is part of your room. They also offer a free walking tour with someone called Harriet who will introduce you to the wonderful city of Madrid .

Nice place!!!!

• 11th Aug 2014

It was very easy to find! And you can get to Sol in ten min by foot. Staffs were nice i miss them. But the bed was very groggy. I used the upper bed and anytime when i move the bed also moved. It was quite annoying.

Great, social hostel. I'm a solo traveler and found plenty of people to hang out with. Went on there by-donations free walking tour with Pablo and that was a great time. Also did the tapas experience with Pablo which was also a good time. Basically everything you want in a hostel. Would stay again.

I love this Hostel!!

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Thailand

Great place to stay. You can meet lots of people in the large lounge area and they organise different things every evening which is a great way to meet people. But it's a verybig hostel so if you leave anyfood in the kitchen it mightbe taken- in my case som my stuff got taken within 30mins! Iwent on the free walking tour which was good but it was very long as we had to walk to several hostels picking people up before it started so unless you have lotsoffree time probably a freecity touris better

The hostel was great, the staff was super friendly and the rooms were very clean. I'm really impressed with this hostel and would recommend it again!

Cheap laundry, kitchen (crowded, hot, and not a lot of fridge space if crowded, but well equipped). Clean rooms, locker, and excellent AC in rooms. Churros and coffee for breakfast.

I really enjoyed my stay here the free walk was really good! Could do with anther fridge which is hard cos there's no room but the fridges are just so full all the time. But other then that rooms were big shower was great and staff were very friendly :)

Really pleased with this hostel. Great location; close to a metro stop. Stayed in a female dorm, and the ensuite was a little untidy; the cleaners bucket was in the corner. The staff were really friendly and I was stocked with churros for breakfast!! Would recommend.

Very close to metro stop and plaza with restaurants. Walking distance to Royal Palace. Staff were friendly. Party vibe.

Clean hostel. Staff was helpful. Had the dinner there one night and it was great, cheap as well. Not the most social hostel but there's a good common area. Close to the metro, good location overall. Would recommend staying here.

Las Musas was my least favourite hostel out of all the ones I stayed at, however I wouldn't tell people not to go there, but I wouldn't tell them to go there either haha. It will meet all your basic needs, they may have some perks you enjoy (bar crawl, paella night) but the atmosphere wasn't as energetic as I would have liked it to be. It was kinda hard to meet people, and the lounge area/lobby was a boiler room. The staff was very friendly though, but if your shy this isn't the place for you.

We stayed only one night but had a really great time. The Hostel is located very close to a metro station and sourrounded by some restaurants, bars and supermarkets. The only downside was that there is only two showers per gender for the whole floor. The common kitchen was very well equiped and a great place to get in touched with others!

This is not a hostel for people who need a lot of silence (although I didn't hear much noise because I was on the top floor). However, it is a great hostel for young people, there are always a lot of activities and the environment is great, it makes you feel at home and is great for socializing. They offer breakfast of coffee, milk, tea, etc, and churros, but there's no bread, so I think they could improve by adding it. The water on the showers sometimes doesn't get too hot. Overall good!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Portugal

Having never stayed in a hostel before Las musas was amazing! Everyone was so friendly and there were events on every day and night - so a great place to go if you are travelling by yourself! We travelled as a group of 3 and met so many people! Location is brilliant in walking distance of everything! Bar crawl is €12 and tapas night is just an incredible expierence - we loved it so much we keep comparing our next travels to it! Thanks to hariett and Pablo for great guidance and entertainment