Las Musas Hostel Reviews

C/Jesus Y Maria 12, Madrid, Spain

A GREAT hostel with a GREAT atmosphere! Would highly recommend!

This is probably one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. My room (8 female dorm) was huge and had big windows, which was great in the summer. The bathroom was always fairly clean, and the atmosphere was social enough to make friends (I was traveling by myself), but everyone still respected others' personal space. They don't serve breakfast, but they serve free pastries and coffee in the morning, which does the trick most days. Also, I did the pub crawl on a Sunday night and it was GREAT!

The location of this hostel can be somewhat dodgy at certain times of the day, the staff here aren't very helpful (not to mention the pubcrawl run by the hostel definitely rates as one of the worst I have ever been on) and the social common areas have an awkward layout and close quite early.. Positives are the rooftop is incredible when its open, this place attracts a very good/fun crowd of people and almost every main attraction is easily accessible.

Had a great stay at Las Musas. Staff were great. Location is awesome. Not the cheapest in the world but you do get what you pay for. My only complaint was how loud the place was (I know hostels are loud - I've stayed in a lot. But this was another level). There needs to be some element of control to stop people running through the corridors at 4am shouting and banging on peoples doors!

They had a ping pong table and the cheapest drink went for €1. They also organised handy walking tours and pub crawls. Enough said.

I stayed for one night passing through Madrid. Very big hostel, has quite a commercial feel so not very atmospheric, but very clean and comfortable. The guys at the desk were lovely and helpful when I arrived.

• 11th Jun 2015

I will not hesitate to stay in Las Musas. Nice location and very clean place. Well done team Musas!

Nice hostel. Rooftop terrace was nice.

Awesome time, except the pub crawl. Better to find local spots to go out. Ask about bar with "buckets of beer" nearby. Hostel had a very nice rooftop patio and the staff was very friendly.

Excellent friendly atmosphere. Tonnes of activities, pub crawls, flamenco shows, drinking games, tapas events. Ideal for anyone who wants to meet people and have a nice time. Good location, comfortable facilities, and there is a super inexpensive super market 2 minutes away by foot. I highly recommend this hostel!

• 8th Jun 2015

it has a great location and staff is super friendly and helpful.

A nice place, clean, staff are friendly and helpful. No breakfast but a well equipped kitchen so you could help yourself cooking. And good value for money. So, highly suggested to everyone travelling to Madrid.

Las Musas is in an excellent location, in a lively neighbourhood and walking distance from all the main sights. Staff were really friendly and helpful, and regular events are put on. The walking tour was interesting and the guide enthusiastic. Terrace bar was nice and drinks cheap. I would return!

Really good value for money! There are a lot hostel events going on (didn't end up doing any by it looked like lots of people were participating). Breakfast is included but it is just a few packaged pastries. The staff were very helpful in recommending places. Seems like the hostel is in a wee bit of a dodgy area but it is a very close walk to the main plaza.

We enjoyed our stay but the part of the city the hostel is in is rather loud. Also, our shower doors were broken so the bathroom got very wet when using.

The hostel was excellent, and would have gotten a perfect score if there was air conditioning. Going in the heat of summer without A/C made it a little harder to sleep but other than that it was great!

• 3rd Jun 2015

Had a great stay! Friendly staff that were helpful with a number of things, solid events. Tapas dinner was seriously great. I'm sure the bar crawl would've been too but I decided not to go once the guy guy to girl ratio was 15:0 lol. Really great hostel, I'd highly recommend this place to anyone!!!!

• 1st Jun 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed the evening activities offered by the hostel that went above and beyond to even include other nearby hostels as well.

• 1st Jun 2015

The hostel staff is very nice and the location is awesome! Pretty near to all tourist spots and there's a metro station nearby. Very convenient and happening place.

• 31st May 2015
  • Malaysia

This place is great and it's the typical hostel. No big complaints but I can't give it a 100% because of an issue with my air conditioner. The remote to my air conditioner unit was missing and so I had to move rooms because it was ridiculously hot. Other than that it was a great experience and cheap so I can't ask for much more.