Las Musas Hostel Reviews

C/Jesus Y Maria 12, Madrid, Spain

We adored our stay in Las Musas! The staff was really welcoming and always ready to give a helping hand! We want to go back for sure!!!

• 6th Jul 2015

I really liked your hostel but you really find another solution how to get on the top bunks in those mixed 6 bed dorm rooms - someone will really hurt himself at some point!

• 6th Jul 2015

I loved it!!!! The hostel is close to the Sol plaza, and you can practically walk everywhere. It is really close to a subway station and really easy to find. (It is bit dirty near the subway station.) The room was really clean and the air conditioning was grrrrrreaaaatttttttt!!! You can do laundry with.....5 euros(?), which you leave your laundry and someone does it for you, and you can get a satisfying outcome.

Good to recharge the batteries. No social atmosphere.

I wish I had stayed longer! This hostel offered so many free (or really cheap) activities to everyone. No breakfast but they offered coffee and little snacks in the common area for people to help themselves to. Good kitchen, several supermarkets very close by. Wifi worked well. Only complaint was the aircon sucked in the 8bed dorm I stayed in! 2 beds were right in front of it but the other 6 were around the corner and no air flow at all!

This is a nice place. Basically all about it was good and pleasant - the rooftop bar is a nice ouch, especially when it's all sunny and hot, and the cocktails were quite nice as well. It's just that the people, when I was staying there, were kind of loud, not quite my type. But oh well, the people change every day pretty much. Not suer I'd go again, I'd probably try another hostel, but Las Musas certainly is an okay place for a night or two.

This place was merely alright. A slightly run down old place that nonetheless had a lot of folks staying. Very expensive for what you get, but that seems to be true of everywhere in Madrid. The two-person dorm was all that was left when I was booking, and it was a very weird experience - avoid unless you book the whole room with a friend. There was no way to lock the "security" lockers.

The bed is super comfortable! Have two nights good sleep. But don't know why the price I paid at the front desk is different from the one online. Didn't notice that when I paid.

Great Hostel! I will definitely return at some point. There are things to do every night and free walking/cycling tours every day. It would be good if a proper breakfast was provided, even if you have to pay for it. Also, security could be improved if there were locks provided for the lockers rather than having to buy one from another shop. I made some incredible friends here and I will always remember this hostel. Friendly staff!

• 2nd Jul 2015

Amazing staff!! The walking tour was fantastic, the guide Hariet made the tour. Excellent location, warm showers, everything was very clean!

• 30th Jun 2015

rooms where clean I got the 4 person room and I had this cool nook in the room where my bed was like a personal room inside of a room. I got so lucky with that. rooms have attached bath which is nice and clean. kitchen is fully stocked and great. free breakfast in the morning is coffee and breads/muffins. not bad for being free. location is kinda sketchy though, next to a park or something where homeless like to hang out. other than that it's centrally located in the city.

The shower didn't drain and the bathroom was stinky and the art on the walls of naked women is offensive.

Encantada con el hostel! I'll be back for sure!!!! awesome staff and place!!!! I loved it!

Ok hostel. Atmosphere was pretty boring. Rooftop closes at 11 and they don't allow outside drinks there. The lockers require the use of a specific lock diameter, which is bullshit. I don't want to spend €3 just because I don't have the exact same lock

Great hostel, good value-money relationship. But the rooms are very hot, one more air-conditioner would resolve this.

great hostel, rooms were very comfortable and had everything you would need. met some cool people here, luckily

It's basically the same hostel as Way hostel. Same owner, same equipment, tours, food, pup crawls, same slow wifi, noisy short bunk beds. It's cheaper than Way but atmosphere is worse here.

AC was broken in my first room. Nice staff, nice guests, pretty clean bathrooms, comfy beds, great rooftop terrace, good bar crawls and lots of events to meet other guests. Extended my stay here. Laundry was cheap! ~3-5 euros. Great for a solo traveler!

We had an issue with the Aircon in the room. There was no remote and when someone went down to the front desk, it was stated that they weren't very helpful. It was our fault that the remote was lost and we should try and turn on the unit manually. Two girls went down three times and eventually the front desk guy came up couldn't get the unit to work and was going to walk out without saying anything. The girls who complained stopped him and asked the problem. His response was it was broke.

I was only at Las Musas for one night, but I really liked what I saw. Very nice common room and breakfast area. Seems like they had good activities and the staff were friendly. Only critique is that my room was really hot and stuffy, which made it hard to sleep.