Las Musas Hostel Reviews

C/Jesus Y Maria 12, Madrid, Spain

Las Musas Hostel in Madrid, Spain, is a great choice for any traveler(s). Las Musas is located in Tirso de Molina, between the La Latina, Lavapiés, and Sol neighborhoods, which is good news for anyone since these are central and very, very typical to Madrid (especially La Latina). Nightlife is closeby and the area is very safe, even though you may be thrown off at first by the alternative scene in the square. The hostel is quite large, but is generally clean, and staff are friendly and helpful.

The staff was absolutely spectacular and the location was superb! If you get a chance go on the walking tour with Herriette, she was great.

• 17th Jul 2014

This is the second time that we've stayed with you and both times we've had a fantastic time. The hostel is really clean and, despite usually preferring to stay in 4/5 star hotels when I travel, I will now ensure that I stay in Las Musas when I travel to Madrid. The hostel is really centrally located being only a 10 minute walk from Plaza Mayor which is fantastic and a 15 minute walk to the Prado for a bit of culture. The hostel is social which is a great way to meet people from around the world

• 17th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very good hostel, confortable, great atmosphere and very good located, 5/10 minutes to puerta del sol walking.

Was a great place. The optional dinner. The family feel. The common room. All what u wanted. Would Deffs stay again. But that card thing to get into your room is pretty broken. But no biggie

Las Musas has a good location, facilities are good and staff is friendly. The only thing that really bothered me there was only THREE outlets in a room for 10 people. This need to be improved. If I was lucky enough, I could get my devices charged over the night, otherwise I had to spent at least 1 hr every morning charging everything while having breakfast. Also, I think the hostel could offer a better breakfast, at least with some bread, butter and jam.

The beds were so comfortable with IKEA down comforters and thick soft mattresses. A/C in the rooms. WIFI only in the lobby. So many stairs and the floor layout is very confusing. Close to the metro stop and in an area with bars, restaurants and shops. Our en suite bathroom was disgusting with the maids mop buckets (2) sitting in there full of dirty water. would stay here again. good accomodation for the price,

The staff was very helpfull and friendly. Nice location and very good atmosphere. Only negative was maybe the heat, there was no AC in the room, only a fan that was barely helpful. But I would definitely recommend this place and stay again!

I really liked this hostel. We stayed in an 8 bed female dorm and it was very large and spacious. Most of the staff were very helpful. They also list that they don't have breakfast but they have churros and coffee which was a nice surprise. One annoying moment was when I went to wash my clothes- was told to come back the next day (when I was leaving) to get them washed, even though it was 2 hours before the time listed as the laundry closing.

This was the awesome and perfect hostel I have ever been. I strongly recommend to everyone who has a plan to visit Madrid this LAS MUSAS HOSTEL!! I really want to get there again AND I WILL!

• 13th Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Very nice stuff and nice hostel. Rooms are clean and comfortable. I did also a walking tour with Harriet. She did a great job. I can highly recommend to attend it.

2 words. BED BUGS. i was there 2 weeks ago, stayed in room 2 - 8. Woke up in the morning and my entire upper body was COVERED in hundreds of bites, was bitten soooo bad the hostel actually paid for me to go to hospital where i had to have a shot of penicillin in my ass. Completely ruined my Madrid experience as all i could do/think off was itching!! I seriously question the hygine of this place. Aside from that, the staff were incredibly helpful and nice and the hostel in a great location.

Had a lot of fun at this hostel and met lots of great people. The common areas really need a refresh but my room was nice. Great walking tour with Harriet and tapas night with Pablo, thanks guys! Would stay again.

Ticked all the boxes: clean rooms with some space and lockers; friendly welcoming staff; well sized areas to cook and hang out; located on a quiet side street but easy to find. The tapas night was great (80 people went!); as were the pub crawl and free guided tour (very interesting). The activities are coordinated with other hostels so a great way to meet lots of people. Breakfast is simple: lots and lots of churros. Would definitely stay again.

The elevator doors should open the other way... But otherwise, thanks a lot for a nice stay!

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Estonia

One of the reasons I chose this hostel over others suitable was the fact that breakfast appeared to be inclusive. In any other hostel I've stayed, regardless of country, "breakfast" means cereal, toast, maybe bread with cheese & ham. |Churros and coffee doesn't quite give the energy needed for walking around the city for the next few hours.

Great value for your money. They have walking tours and pub crawls that are a great time. Would definitely recommend.

I found this hotel to be very good. Staff were helpful air conditioning worked well and food in the restaurant was good. I did not experience problems other people describe and was very satisfied with my stay. It is also on the Camino Way and the hospital is right behind it. I would use this hotel for a break from walking the Cameno for a day or two if the option is available.

Great hostel - the rooms were clean and spacious and the location was very central and within walking distance to the major sites. The activities run through the hostel were also very good and with reasonable prices. Had a great stay here and would recommend to others.

Overall not a bad hostel but I just found it very average. Nothing outstanding and nothing really bad. However the tapas tour with Pablo was awesome!