Las Musas Hostel Reviews

C/Jesus Y Maria 12, Madrid, Spain

-The kitchen always looked clean and had lots of space and equipment -upstairs communal area with tables was good for socializing and chatting or eating/drinking while it was nice to have the basement area which was quieter and relaxed with computers and sofas -Maps aren't the best, lots of the streets aren't marked and they're quite small -They had no padlocks available, as you can only buy but not rent and they just didn't have any...

Simply amazing! I was hesitating for the price, compared to other hostel. But it is worth the difference for hostel I have visited so far. The staff was really enjoyable and welcoming. The hostel was clean and offered many events. If you visit Madrid, DO the FREE walking tour, it is interesting. Toledo tour is less enjoyable. Other activities are really great though. Definitely a place I'll stay when I come back via Madrid: cheap paella, Crazy Pub Crawls! Staff very handy and helpful. Thanks

• 17th Jun 2014

I had one night there, not staying too much at the hostel. But what I saw was a good standard, good service, pretty good value for your money. They've also got events and stuff happening, so there is always something to join if you don't have other plans. I got a great free walking tour with a girl named Clare, at least I think that was her name. Anyway, nothing to put my finger on, I can totally recommend it!

Las Musas was pretty great. I needed to go to Lisbon, so the baggage room was really convenient. This hostel is a lot larger than the other ones I stayed at, with three different fridges for guests.The kitchen is definitely ample and there are computers for you to use downstairs. Alberto and Anni were really great and made my stay enjoyable. This hostel is great for meeting people because of the events that are held. Recommend the walking tour. Don't recommend the tapas. The paella was amazing!!

the bathroom was small, cold shower and a suggested time limit for it of 5 minutes

Wifi was not great but everything else was good.

Best hostel in terms of comfort/cleanliness/location for your buck and a few of the men on staff are hot.

• 14th Jun 2014

Friendly, helpful staff and some nice facilities to help you save money while traveling. Very clean hostel and a nice atmosphere!

Great hostel, really friendly and welcoming staff. Fantastic facilities. I stayed I a 4 bed all female room and it was lovely, comfortable, big and clean. The tapas night with Pablo was fantastic, he was great, but the pub crawl was not worth the money or the time, incredibly unorganized. This activity was led by a girl and a guy called santi, they were good, but the overall experience of the pub crawl was disappointing. The hostel I will highly recommend!

In here, I can make friends easily because I was traveling by myself and the location was really nice. And there were many programs like walking tour, performance and foods, it was quite nice for me cuz it was not expensive and the quality was ok. Anyway, I had great time in here and Madrid so I recommend you!

A fairly standard hostel. The floor plan is somewhat confusing, but the location is great and well worth the price. I think I forgot my flipflops under the bed. oops!

Great atmosphere with nearly daily events being run by friendly, knowledgeable guides. Good location and facilities; the nearby supermarkets are nice to have with and with three stoves and sinks, and 4 refrigerators there's always room to cook. A popular Sunday flea market is only 10 minutes walking distance, and Gran Via and the centre of the commercial action is only 15. Museums and the park are a short 15 minute walk as well, definitely recommend!

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. I stayed here twice during my Spain trip once at the beginning and once at the end of my trip. The shared bathroom was broken during my second visit so I had to walk down two flights of stairs to use the bathroom. The lockers only fit a small padlock and do not fit standard combination locks from the US. So you may have to buy a lock for 3 Euros

I've had some bad luck before in Madrid with hostels, but I'll definitely keep this one in mind. I got a private twin room for me and my friend and it was perfect. I would even get one if I was traveling by myself. While the prices are a little higher than others for a private room I thought it was excellent. The staff was very friendly and even printed my plane tickets for me. The kitchen was very large, and the location is perfect, right next to a metro station. Def recommend it!

• 9th Jun 2014

The lady working the front desk does not really speak any English but she was very kind during check in. My room was very clean/comfortable and private. Right next to gran via metro. Great place

It's just a normal hostel. Nothing special.

I was pick pocketed waiting to be buzzed in at the front door. Not really the hostel's fault though. Breakfast was all gone before I made it down even though it was still breakfast hours. Staff was helpful though.

It was great! Thank you!!!

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Spain

This hostel has something in every night. We were there for free sangria night. You couldn't drink any unless you were playing a drinking game though. So we kinda got refused a "free" sangria. Which was strange. No one ended up participating and the girl running it got a bit sour about that. As for the flamenco night.. It's alright but be prepared to walk a long way for it. Overall we just wanted somewhere close to a metro/train station and this was that. Walking tour was good!

Someone in my room had used the bed assigned to me so I had to move their stuff. More should be done to prevent bed switching. Thank you.