Las Musas Hostel Reviews

C/Jesus Y Maria 12, Madrid, Spain

Nice place with well equipped kitchen and good location.

Great hostel experience, heaps going on, we had a great walking tour with Harry and then went to the tapas night with Pablo. There was also free drinking games with sangria and 3€ paella a few nights a week. Rooms had lockers and were clean, with plenty of space for bags. Staff were really helpful and friendly.

very happy stay here, staff are absolutely lovely!

I had a wonderful stay at Las Mesas! The staff was very friendly and helpful. Everything was very well organized and simple to understand. My daughter, who lives in Madrid, stopped by and said that none of the hostels where she has stayed had such a nice roomy lobby. I was on the 4 th floor and had a single room. It was nice and quiet up there and WiFi worked fine. The room was nothing fancy but it was pleasant and clean. I loved the big window.

• 13th May 2014

The hostel organizes lots of activities which are great for meeting other people. The city tour from Erica was also good, especially if you only stay in Madrid for 1or 2 days. The tour doesn't cover everything so it might be more efficient to go by yourself if you are staying for a longer time. The staff in the hostel is really great, they are very friendly and helpfull. The security seems good too, you have to ring the bell to get in and the staff knows all guests.

• 13th May 2014

We had a blast. Erica's walking tour was great and it's free so worth it. The hostel does so many activities all the partying ones are great fun. Was big fan of the tapas night! Only downside was no curtains in the room but used a sheet as a makeshift one so that wasn't a biggy. Also hot water runs out quick and had two days of cold showers. But to be honest that was a minor inconvenience when everything else was heaps good

BEWARE BED BUGS! Terrible hostel. Mostly unfriendly staff. Bites everywhere, ruined my stay in Madrid I was so itchy from my first night stay. had to fight with the staff to let me change rooms. They did change my room and pay for my medication but did not even offer a refund. One night I was locked out of my room at 4am when going to the bathroom due to a computer error and had to go to reception to an (unfriendly) staff member to change my key. Don't stay here.

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel, which is very clean. The ensuite bathroom has a very small shower. There are organized activities like a free walking tour, a tapas tour and pubcrawls as well as free churros and coffee in the morning. The tapas experience was not worth our money as the quality of the food offered at the restaurant we were brought to was poor. The pubcrawl is basically only clubs and the deals are not worth your money (deal = 2 drinks for 12 euros). Nevertheless, good hostel!

The best hostel I've ever stayed in.

I really liked this hostel. The facilities were amazing. They have paella certain days which was very good. The pub crawls were amazing they have one of those every single night I think. The only thing i have to point out is that i did not get a tour of the facilities I had to find the places by myself. Something that you guys might want to improve in the future.

Staff were very nice and friendly. I loved this hostel soo much! Only thing to keep in mind is that it gets slightly noisy just outside the street quite loud.

Awesome hostel. Very friendly and helpful staff. Activities every night. Flamenco night and the Tapas experience were both awesome and affordable activities. Wifi good but doesn´t reach all of the rooms. Very good stay

The directions on the website aren't great. It was a fine place to stay, but incredibly loud. There was a high school group staying there so that was weird.

They didnt have hot showers and the water was very cold

Great location, comfortable bed!

Loved this Hostel! Staying in Madrid for an extra night was a last minute decision and my previous hostel next to Sol was completely full as were the other numerous hostels nearby. I wasn't sure what to expect of the area but this is an awesome area to stay in!!!! The AMAZING Sunday markets are just around the corner!! Lots of great restaurants, less tourists and more locals - plus it's only 10min walk to Sol. the hostel itself was great - clean, social, quiet at night, friendly staff ...

The drain of the shower in the bathrooms of men and women were plugged, making the shower a soap of hair and dirt, disgusting! We told the staff but they didn`t do anything to solve the problem. The water was hot but then turned cold, so the bathing expecience was a headache! The rooms had a transparent curtain which let all the sunlight in, so at 7am I was awake! The room was really noisy because the walls were very thin. I wouldn´t return to that hostel

Just what we need for a few nights in Madrid. It's close to town, so all the main areas are in walking distance. There are nice places to eat, drink and relax nearby.

• 2nd May 2014

definitely go on the free walking tour with harry (uk female). its very informative, fun, and gives you a good idea where everything is. the hostel was very clean and everyone is very friendly.

Good hostel, nice staff, great activities: Tapas experience with Pablo, Free walking tour with Harriet - funny people and very interesting. You definitely have to try!

• 1st May 2014