Las Musas Hostel Reviews

C/Jesus Y Maria 12, Madrid, Spain

Nice hostel in a reasonable location. Facilities were average (most computers were broken and couldn't connect to the net, lift was tiny and noisy and desperately needs to be upgraded, awkward showers, etc) Cleanliness and security were ok.

the localisation of the hostel is perfect, nearby metro stations or atocha train station, in the center of the town. the staff is friendly. rooms and share rooms are clean

very central. right in the midle of the city with metro and bus lines at 100 meters, friendly staff and a wonderfull kitchen.

A perfect stay at Las Musas Hostel in 8 bed dorm, room cleaned every day, kitchen is very tidy and organised. Staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The organised free guided walk is superb. Can't wait to come back and try tapas night. Highly recommend

If you're looking for old facilities, no elevator, awful showers (either scalding or freaking cold), crowded and really, really, really noisy bedrooms, look no more! Sorry to sound cranky, but my experience wasn't the best. Thought the infrastructure was really bad (old building, terrible wifi and elevator) and the staff and location was just ok. This was the last stop on my trip and I was coming from big hostels chains like Saint Christopher's and there's no way to compare them.

A nice place to stay, with friendly helpful staff who did a great job of rearanging loads of rooms so friends could all stay together (I did not even need to ask!) Showers were a bit dodgy - jumping between hot and cold a lot - and I have a big bruise from trying to get out of a bunk bed, but overall I had a gret time at Las Musas.

A nice centrally located hostel that is easy to get to from either the train station or airport.

Great people, churro breakfasts

Located on the metro between two railway station, just 150 m walk from tirso de Molina station, and all major city attracitive spots are within walking distance. Hostel is more professional, and fbreakfast of free churros is included which is really great help for a foot walk tour the day. Independent computer room at the basefloor with chairs rather than some hostels only offer standing computer positions. Only problem is that there might be too full of people in dinner time. Strongly reomomd

Exelente visita el personal siempre atento y dispuesto a ayudar, really a nice place friendly staff nice area

• 23rd Apr 2014
  • Costa Rica

We chose this hostel based on ratings and reviews on Hostel World, but i have to say we were greatly disappointed. The room was dirty, the carpet probably hadn't been vacuumed in months, the location wasn't bad, but definitely not central. It is definitely an appropriate place if you are 19 or 20, looking to have a Eurotrip experience. I love staying in hostels, i think they are great, this one just missed the mark on so many levels. This was my second time to Madrid and a poor comparison.

Great, clean hostel with super friendly staff! Nice vibe in the hostel with many other travelers.

Very good location. Very very very tasty breakfast!!!! The facilities is also good. My friend and I booked a 4-bed female dorm and my friend left one day earlier than me, and somehow I managed to stay in that dorm ALONE. BTW, the Indian restaurant around the metro station is also delicious.

the hostel is pretty big with a big common area when you first enter, kitchen, and downstairs with a pool table. the rooms and bathrooms are quite spacious. the rooms also have lockers and safe for you to use. great location. staff were helpful and there is always someone at the front desk. i would recommend

I noticed that you are trying to separate garbage so as to recycle. But the guests don't cooperate! Maybe this should be explained in the rules for the hostel. Also: It's not quite clear in English (though it is in Spanish) that toilet paper goes in the basurera, NOT in the toilet! The place is very noisy. You can hear the toilets flushing (I think), hot water heaters (I think), water draining from showers (I think). Probably nothing you can do about it.

Great location and the staff were great they helped us with everything the only complaint I had is the showers were cold.

An hostel with a very friendly and funny staff. I did the free guided tour with Erica and it was simply amazing: she was very funny and lively. We had a great time with her and she gave some tips about the city and it was also a way of meeting people. I highly recommend this activity!

• 21st Apr 2014

Decent hostel, if you are staying in any of the bigger rooms just know that you will probably hear others since the walls are somewhat thin. Staff was amazing and help how ever they can to make you more comfortable. Near a lot of points of interest. Wifi didn't work very well at all once you go up past 2nd floor.

Nice place to stay, if you're looking for a hostel next to touristic places. It's a safe and clean hostel, but definetely not the best atmosphere. Wi-Fi could be better, and churros for breakfast is not enough!

Pros: good facilities and theme nights (paella, pub and tapas tours) nice decor and lounge downstairs. Didn't use the kitchen so can't comment on that. Close to Metro train station. Helpful staff Cons: thin walls don't stop an iota of sound, so can be noisy when the other hostellers return at night. Probably suited to a younger crowd.