Las Musas Hostel Reviews

C/Jesus Y Maria 12, Madrid, Spain

I've had some bad luck before in Madrid with hostels, but I'll definitely keep this one in mind. I got a private twin room for me and my friend and it was perfect. I would even get one if I was traveling by myself. While the prices are a little higher than others for a private room I thought it was excellent. The staff was very friendly and even printed my plane tickets for me. The kitchen was very large, and the location is perfect, right next to a metro station. Def recommend it!

• 9th Jun 2014

The lady working the front desk does not really speak any English but she was very kind during check in. My room was very clean/comfortable and private. Right next to gran via metro. Great place

It's just a normal hostel. Nothing special.

I was pick pocketed waiting to be buzzed in at the front door. Not really the hostel's fault though. Breakfast was all gone before I made it down even though it was still breakfast hours. Staff was helpful though.

It was great! Thank you!!!

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Spain

This hostel has something in every night. We were there for free sangria night. You couldn't drink any unless you were playing a drinking game though. So we kinda got refused a "free" sangria. Which was strange. No one ended up participating and the girl running it got a bit sour about that. As for the flamenco night.. It's alright but be prepared to walk a long way for it. Overall we just wanted somewhere close to a metro/train station and this was that. Walking tour was good!

Someone in my room had used the bed assigned to me so I had to move their stuff. More should be done to prevent bed switching. Thank you.

The location is excellent. It is only a few steps away from the metro station Tirso de Molina. You can walk to Plaza Mayor or Mercado San Miguel. I stayed in a four-bed room with en-suite bathroom. It was very spacious. Instead of bunk beds, it came with normal single beds. I really liked it. However, the staff was not helpful. They did not show any enthusiasm about their work. When I arrived at the reception, the wifi did not work and nobody tried to solve the problem. In the following days, the wifi did w

Staff were friendly and helpful. The organized activities (paella night and flamenco) were well-priced and worth it.

The hostel was okay and had a Decent location. About 10 minutes to the main centre. Everything was pretty clean. Best part though was the tapas tour. 10 euros and you get to go to a really cool tapas bar for all you can eat tapas and a huge sangria. Worth the money by far. Our tour guide Pablo was great and funny and kind of looked like the Spanish version of wolowitiz from the Big Bang theory.

Awesome hostel with a great staff! Good location a few blocks from Puerto del Sol. walking distance to everything! Churros in the morning and a great kitchen to use! they organize different activity nights and have a great walking tour.

We only stayed a night, but it was perfect. The staff were very helpful, there was a secure room for baggage, they booked an airport shuttle bus for us, the rooms were clean with air-conditioning and the beds were comfortable with enough blankets. I would definitely consider staying here again. It is well located as regards seeing the city and it's close to several metro stops.

Small hostel, great for meeting people. Rooms were comfortable and well kept and staff was friendly. Only complaint was the lack of air conditioning in the rooms and inconsistently warm water for showers. Location was on point.

Wi-fi could be a little sluggish in the lobby, but I suppose that's just how it goes now that everyone not only has a computer but also a smartphone. Overall a great hostel, would definitely recommend. Staff was very nice!

This is an ideal hostel--colorful layout, clean, centrally located, well priced, and with plenty of activites and accomodations. The staff is really friendly, too. Will return!

• 4th Jun 2014

Great hostel, very clean, excellent and friendly staff

• 4th Jun 2014

Conveniently located in the middle of Madrid. A 30 min walk in either direction and you'll cover the major sites. Only 3 min from the metro and tavernas that stay open late. They put on some great free tours and night trips. Rooms were clean. The bunk beds are a little wobbly so one bunk could feel every toss and turn of the other. The ensuite bathroom wasn't the freshest but okay. Barely any outlets in the room. Charging and wifi are only downstairs. Good staff. It's still decent for the money.

Great atmosphere and good choice of events organized by the hostel.

Great staff...friendly and mostly helpful. The hostel was very noisy...kids running around and screaming...in the halls and in the dining room. Chaos and noise...a lot. It was a very good value for the room.

Las Musas is in a great location to everything including supermarket Lidl, the central touristy station Sol, and walking distance to other major tourist attractions. The staff was nice and upbeat. The rooms were spacious and facilities were maintained. Kitchen was large and there is a lot of cooking action in there given the many guests staying. The only drawback was the spotty wifi.