Las Vegas Hostel Reviews

1322 Fremont St., Las Vegas, USA

We were first concerned by our taxi drivers response to the address! He was amazed that we wanted to go there. Upon arrival, we found that the private 4 bed room we had booked was not available, but the staff said that we could have a six bed room for our private use. A man came into the room in the middle of the night - he was still staying there! The area is AWFUL - drunk/drugged crazies yelling abuse. We were out of there at 6 the next morning and went to the Stratosphere, which was cheaper!

Be careful with this hostel if you have USA citizenship. I signed up and paid on hostelworld and when I got to the hostel they asked me if I had a US passport. I did but a new replacement passport without any stamps. They said it didn't indicate I had traveled and all guests must be international travelers. Then they asked me if I had any tickets that showed I was leaving Las Vegas, such as a bus ticket to Los Angeles, which I didn't so they wouldn't let me stay in the hostel.

Las Vegas Hostel was an overall good experience. The price was fair for the area and for it being in the US. The organization of the hostel, however, was pretty poor. The location of the hostel is in a kind of shady area at night, but during the day it's more than fine, just far to walk to the Strip. It is very close to Fremont St and to buses though, so that made it work just fine. The pool on site was really nice, and the staff and atmosphere was awesome (:

• 16th Jul 2015

Excellent value for money with a good pool! Atmosphere is amazing and everybody is super social and the staff are great and will take you out pretty much every night, especially James and Matt. Had a wicked time and will definitely return if I come back to vegas

heat the spa for nightly use by 15-20 degrees cover it to keep ot hot arrange a shuttle from the airport to the hostel cheaply or a hostel van can be shared for shopping etc install a printer scanner copier fax machine in the lobby with the computer a community printer some outside lights that are colorful open the rear gate more bicycles arrange a lock with the bikes to be left at the airport or bus depot for pickup by the hostel or other visitor later on instead of the van maybe some scooters

• 6th Jul 2015

The 3pm check in is the only complaint. Not that you should change it, just let our guest know ahead of time. Besides that I loved everything and I would definitely stay again.

When having made a reservation, when staying overnight, the hotel charges were 24 dollars of 18 dollar, and the one when having made a reservation, was expensive. You said when I said to a reception "I wanted you to make it 18 dollars of the price now.", the stay price was decided as of the reservation at check-in, so that the thing couldn't be done. It doesn't fall in a mind. Why is the price different? Why can't it be made the price of that case? It couldn't be understood.

The hostel is somewhat nicely located, has a pool and some friendly staff. But on the other side I was under the impression that room service hadn't seen the room in a while. Our bin was almost overflowing, there was dirt on the carpet and I believe a dead insect in the toilet. It took the hostel a day to give me a key to my room, which I never experienced before.

• 29th May 2015