• Puerta de Emergencia Hospital Heodra, 1-1/2 blocks, Leon, Nicaragua

Fabulous 244 Total Reviews
Fabulous 244 Total Reviews
Latina Hostal Located at Puerta de Emergencia Hospital Heodra, 1-1/2 blocks, , Leon.
Nicaragua
Leon Leon 505 Puerta de Emergencia Hospital Heodra, 1-1/2 blocks
80% 244
12.4335800 -86.8750709
    Rooms available

25th Jul 2016

I had a great stay at Latina Hostal! Since another guest had opted to stay an extra night, there were no more dorm beds available, so they upgraded me to a private room for free! The facilities were nice, and there was a great courtyard with a bar. The staff (in particular Aleska, Fabio, Tinin, and Juan Carlos) were all really friendly and helpful. I talked to them for a while and had a lot of fun. The location of the hostel is away from where most of the other hostels are, but not far.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
8th Jul 2016
4.3

Upon arrival we were greeted by an underage 'member of staff'.Eventually the staff came back, one of whom appeared inebriated.They then informed us that they weren't aware of our booking and that the room would be ready in ten minutes. This ten minutes turned into almost an hour. When we were shown the room there were no sheets or towels. The owner said he would get them but we never got sheets, and only 2 out of 3 of us got towels. Had to ask for a key for our room and our room didn't lock.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
3rd Jul 2016
7.4

I stayed there for two nights in a dorm and had a great stay. The staff is very Nice and helpful. There was not much ambiance when i was There but the hostel was not full at all. The downside was the kitchen (you can use it but didn't look so appealing to me) and the showers that are old. Every bed has a fan so this is Nice. Is it 2-3 blocks away from the center but it makes it very calm. Overall for the price it is a good choice .

29th Jun 2016
5.4

Not my favorite hostel. The bathrooms were filthy, the rooms were poorly ventilated and uncomfortable, no breakfast provided and very little staff support. This hostel is located very far from restaurants, shops, and the main square/park of Leon. The reception area blasted music until 11 pm in the small garden area outside the rooms, both nights we spent there, making it very difficult to sleep well. At the very least, the hostel is located in a pretty safe neighborhood.

• USA, Female, 25-30
4th Jun 2016
4.9

I had trouble when checking out on the morning. The agent said I owed 3 times the amount. He didn't really know how much I owed the hostel. The wifi was broken the whole time and I was unable to pay in credit card. I guess the machine was broken. I could not bring up my confirmation because I had no access to the Internet.

3rd Jun 2016
6.9

It might have been the timing of my trip, but my stay was a bit difficult because there was a storm passing through which left us with no internet and no close food or beverage locations. Because most of this property is open environment and with the rain, there seemed to be lots of ants. Only one staff member was ever helpful. They DO have a beautiful garden and patio, they have pet parrots, and a guinea pig.

• marianagut
  • Bolivia, Female, 25-30
21st May 2016
7.1

Basic but really affordable. Rooms are extremely hot, all Leon is but it was very dificult to sleep at night. Backyard is nice and breakfast basic, for for the price is really ok

17th May 2016
7.7

The hostel is pretty quiet. A German woman checked me in and she was very helpful telling me about the city, even walking with me to grab a cab one night because I was concerned about walking alone. There´s a cute middle section with trees and tables, but a lot of people smoke out there so it´s not the best. The rooms are super small though. There was barely enough room for my bags!

• melissabrooks3411
  • Australia, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
6th May 2016

This was a cool little hostel with great really helpful staff. A few blocks from the main backpacker spot but that was a good thing. Did volcano boarding with the hostel too and it was great. Especially loved the hammocks out the back. Thanks for a great stay!

1st May 2016
8.0

Great staff, quiet place a few blocks from the center of town. Expect a quieter experience at this hostel. First room they gave me was leaking due to heavy rains so they gave me a discount and reassigned me to another room my second night. No big deal, a fun first night in Nicaragua!