Latina Hostal Reviews

Puerta de Emergencia Hospital Heodra, 1-1/2 blocks, Leon, Nicaragua

Latina hostel is really cheap with awesome accommodations. We had free coffee, a pancake, and banana every morning. Also the accom of a community kitchen that was clean, including a big clean as fridge to store food and the kitchen was big. Lots of chairs and tables to sit at in the court yard with hammocks, as well. Dorms are standard but clean and had fans It's a quiet,chill atmosphere that is homey. Open bar as well for cheap drinks. Overall, I love this hostel.

Latina Hostel was super cheap & included breakfast. The bathrooms were cleaned regularly. There's hammocks to chill out in & the wifi works reasonably well most of the time. During my stay, there wasn't any atmosphere to speak of, but Leon was just a stopover on my way to Honduras. There's quite a lot of street noise at night. Juan Carlos was a great help with booking an onward shuttle bus to Honduras, but not many other staff could speak English & my Spanish is poor!

The location is a lot further out than the other hostels, and Leon is boiling hot so walking far isn't fun. The girl who checked us in was really nice, and the boy behind the bar was cool, but the older woman who we assumed owned it was extremely rude, really made us feel uncomfortable. The dorm room was a tiny sweat-box, and had no lockers. This place was really cheap but even with that considered we definitely wouldn't stay again, and wouldn't recommend it either.

It was great to get complementary breakfast but it would have been nice if the meal was a little bit bigger. Other than that, the staff was friendly and helpful. It was a good location for our short stay.

Great stay, great vibe!

• 1st Apr 2015

nice atmosphere, friendly people, avocados and mangos falling from the trees. nice place to stay, would always come back.

The dorm was so tiny (two bunks with about a foot of space between them), I couldn't take it in the heat! Staff were good and the breakfast very nice. They also didn't deduct the hostelworld deposit from my bill although I'd messed them round so didn't say anything.

There is just very little water from the shower

The location is perfect, you can walk anywhere in the city. They have many tours and if the one you're looking for is missing (e.g Flor de Caña) they explain you how to make it easy. Thumbs up for the staff.

Stayed 3 nights. USD6/night. Very hot (36C), my 4-bed female dorm has 2 fans. Located 650m from the Central Park & 2km from the bus station. They have a simple kitchen and free drinking water all day. The included breakfast is simple - coffee, banana, pancake. Staff is polite and will hand u a map of Leon. Toilets are cleaned often. During my stay, I was bitten by something from the bed. Told staff about this but no action was taken. To them, seems like that's my problem, instead of theirs.

Thanks for your review. We assure you that our staff (Nena and aleska) did anything possible to solve your request. We did a carefully and deep cleaning at your bed. However, nothing was found at the roon. Our staff feel very dissapointed and sad Because you did not see it the same way. But we take the positive of your feed back as a opportunity to do a better job. Thanks for choosing our hostel.

Very good spot. Friendly staff. Good tours offered everyday Great location though be careful at night when coming back from town.

Incredible value for money, at only 5 USD per night, this hostel also provided one of the best breakfasts I've had from a hostel - pancakes, platano and coffee, instead of the usual non-effort of cereal and bread. The hostel is also only a few blocks from the centre of town. A nice garden area with hammocks was perfect for chilling out.

Very chilled out little hostel a few minutes work from the central area.

The staff at Latina were extremely friendly. I had a good stay here and would definitely come back.

A very nice hostel in 5min walking distance to the center. It's run by locals (compared to a lot of other hostels in Leon) and it's great. For breakfast banana and pancakes, free coffee and the kitchen is also nice. Just some spices (salt,pepper) would be great. Helpful stuff and peaceful. I think when you don't want a part hostel, it's the perfect location.

the staff was helpfull, brakfast was fine and showers were clean. Only con : There was a lot of noise from det streets!

The hostel was super clean! The owner is constantly cleaning, lovely garden with lots of hammocks to chill out in. On the edge of town and only a short stroll to the centre. Negatives were the bathrooms were a little run down and the rooms were hot but it was safe and clean so all and all a great place to stay.

Good place run by family. A little bit outside of central like 5 min walk. For 5 bucks a night it's a bargain. You get toast and banana for breakfast. Pretty secure place too.