Laughing Kiwi Backpackers Reviews

310 High Street, Motueka, New Zealand

We enjoyed our stay at The Laughing Kiwi. The staff was real friendly and made sure everything was taken good care of in and around the hostel, the hostel is well maintained, clean and we loved the atmosphere. It's a cosy place, with a nice fireplace in the general room connected to the kitchen. Not too crowded during this time of the year, which we liked, but also not deserted. Close to supermarket, 20 min drive from Abel Tasman park entrance. I'd definitely recommend this hostel.

Really good hostel with good showers and nice garden!

Just beautiful!!!

The facilities here are some of the best I've seen in a hostel - great sofa area and two separate dorm buildings with separate facilities so it never feels crowded and free wifi that works well. Only negative was after checkout - the owner was a bit funny about looking after my bag until my bus arrived at 2pm - when I suggested I could just leave it in the communal area, he said I'd have to pay a $5 day rate which I have never come across before. Shame - because otherwise perfect hostel