Lausanne Guesthouse & Backpacker Reviews

Chemin des Epinettes 4, Lausanne, Switzerland

Great hostel with amazing conditions but is not the best hostel to meet people, is more to relax.

This hostel was very quiet while we were there, which could be good or bad depending on what you want! The building is lovely and well furnished and the staff were friendly and helpful. It is right next to the railway so be aware that you can hear trains quite clearly especially with the windows open.

Really good hostel, super close to train station and very inexpensive for Switzerland. Everything is expensive in Switzerland. They sell Swiss Army knives at a discount there, the discount is legit, I looked at other places and the hostel is cheaper. My only issue was the drain in the shower backed up the water a little so you have to let it drain otherwise you're standing in a puddle. But everything else was awesome. I'd go back.

Only stayed here for one night but was very satisfied and thought the place was really clean and staff were very friendly, would really recommend this place 😃 very close to train station too!

• 5th Aug 2015

Many many thanks for your good marks :-) ! Hope we will see you again. Virginie

It's what you expect from Switzerland in general, efficient, super clean, cozy and comfortable. The free public transport card you get is great addition, staff was friendly and helpful, the guy in the morning a bit odd/cold but kind and helpful.

Thanks for your nice comment. I will tell my colleague to be a bit warmer in the morning ;-). Hope you will be back. Virginie

desides there was no place to put my clothes while i took a shower everything was great will def come again next time

Great location, very well signed from the railway station however trains do go past the rooms. Staff were very approachable , the facilities were very clean and the atmosphere was great. However, the showers didn't offer much privacy.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Room was clean but was also very hot at night so we slept with the windows open. the only downside was that it was very noisy outside. Didn't spend much time at the actual hostel because I was only there for one night for a concert which I met others at the hostel going to the same one, which was nice.

there should be have a desk and a chair in the room, then it will be convenient to any tenant.

I like the hostel, very nice building, very clean and close to railway station. The only problem is the limited time the reception is open. It was closed from 12 to 15 so I couldn't make the chekin and get my transportation card until then (after a long queue)

Hello, the reception is open 16 hours per day ( 7.30am to 12am, then 3pm to 2.30am). we don't think this is so limited. Most part of the Swiss hostels close around lunch time but this is always written on your confirmation letter. Transportation cards can be taken in the morning as well. Hope you will be back in Lausanne anyway. Regards, Virginie

Really clean place got a bathroom o every 4 dorm . Nice courtyard and very one to station as enough to indicate . Was on railway line but couldn't hear thing a lot night if I was good

Stayed only for overnight so not that much to say, but the place is safe with safety to enter in the main door during the night and also for the dorms. They have lockers as well, with padlocks included (very nice idea). Friendly staff and cleanliness is outstading. The only bad point is there is no AC or fans in the dorms. Because of that, the dorm was a little bit warm even with the window open.

Hello, thanks for your comment and good marks. Most part of the building in Switzerland doesnt have AC. We are in a pretty fresh country that gets really hot only a few days per year. Around here is much better to have a good heather for winter season :-). Virginie

As other travelers had mentioned below you have to climb up a very steep hill, but still it's less than 10 minute walk from the train station and I was totally okay with that even with a huge luggage. Can't say that it's located in the center, but it is right in the middle of the lakeside and downtown, and the reception desk offers a free transport card. Nice and spacious common areas.

A nice little hostel with a super nice woman running the reception. Beautiful garden area off the kitchen. Not a big issue to me but others might find the following helpful - The lockers are in the hallway with no power outlets. The power outlets in the room are very close together, especially if you have non euro outlet people trying to jam all their adapters on them. The showers are a communal situation. No free coffee!!! A pleasant, short, stay.

Hello, thanks for your comment and good marks. Hope to see you again :-). Virginie

Easy to find, helpful staff, room etc. we're fine. Lake view! I appreciated the bargain breakfast in the morning - a rarity in Switzerland!

• 12th May 2015
  • Scotland

Just ok. Not worth the money but it's not like there's much option. Kinda difficult to find without GPS because they don't give directions. Only have wifi in the lobby, and 3rd 4th 5th floors. So being on the second floor I got next to nothing in the way of wifi so that sucked. I wouldn't want to stay here again but I'd probably have to because there's not much option. I

Hello, sorry to hear that you didn't like your stay in Lausanne. The wifi doesn't work in the dorm to keep the dorms quiet. The wifi is very powerful in the lobby/ living room where you can always go sit down, relax and go online. To find us just follow the yellow and brown signs when you go out of the highway. There are signs everywhere...

for this price, a towel should not cost extra

Good position,very friendly staff.

Awesome place! Had a free transport card from the reception! The reception is not open 24/7 though. Excellent location!

By far the cleanest hostel that I've ever stayed in. Bathrooms and bedrooms were spotless. Modern, clean and comfortable. The location a short 5 minute walk from the station makes it a handy departure point although the area surrounding is not the most charming. All rooms have a view across the lake towards the Alps but ask for a room on the upper floor to get the best view. I would definitely come back here.