Lausanne Guesthouse & Backpacker

Fabulous 1038 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1038 Total Reviews

• Singapore, Female, 25-30
28th Aug 2017

I stayed for just a night so my experience is limited. Nonetheless, the staff are cordial but not especially friendly. There was no locker in the room. Location is useful if you enter and leave the city by trains, and is also near metro stops. It is possible to hear the trains from the main station at night, but the surroundings have lots of trees and the communal areas are cosy.

• StevenQi
  • China, Male, 25-30
18th Aug 2017

My stay there was really great. There was nothing to complain.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
8th Aug 2017
8.0

Great location and staff! Only stayed there one night but overall nice experience. More bathrooms and power sockets accessible from top bunk beds would be a useful upgrade ;)

• England, Female, 18-24
4th Aug 2017

Great place close to the shore and town. Only downside is it can get a little noisy at night to sleep with the trains - I still got a good night's sleep though!

20th Jul 2017
7.7

This a good hostel if you are not in the mood to party. It is very laid back, but I enjoyed it. When I got there they moved me from a mixed to female dorm and the guy checking me in wanted to make sure all my questions were answered and wanted to help me. The rest of the staff was super helpful.

31st May 2017
8.0

Definitely an odd hostel. 4 francs for a baguette and instant coffee is crazy. I only saw a couple of people that were under 30 years old.. everyone else was 40+ so no atmosphere/nightlife. Location is right next to the train tracks which is convenient, but loud. Kitchen closes at 2pm to clean, which is a weird time to do it, in my opinion. Kitchen itself was fantastic. No A/C, so you have to keep windows open at night and listen to the train, or be extremely hot.

30th May 2017

If you're young and looking for other people to hangout and/or drink with them I might not recommend here. It was more of a hotel vibe and had much older, businesslike people. My friend and I were needing a chill hostel after our previous city so that worked for us. It was very quiet and clean. Also, there was a pretty courtyard and a full kitchen to use. **Note: to arrive at the hostel it requires a ~50 yard hike up a pretty steep drive. Maybe I need to do more cardio bc I struggled each time

• Finland, Male, 31-40
26th May 2017

Nice beds and just the best location. Lausanne isn't cheap so this was worth the money. A walking distance away from Ouchy and the centre of the city. Beautiful view from the windows.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
13th May 2017

The hostel is right beside Lausanne Gare, then they give you a transit pass, included in room fee, so everything else in the city is super accessible. The staff are friendly and the hostel is quiet and very clean. They give you a discount on Olympic museum tickets, which is awesome. However the front door is open most of the time and reception has limited hours. The lockers are small. Some of my food got stolen from the kitchen, so I'd recommend storing dry/shelf stable goods in your room!!

• England, Male, 31-40
6th May 2017
6.9

Bit of a mixed bag. The building is nice & the location is handy for Luasanne & the train station. Most of the staff were really helpful but sadly with an exception of one who was not so helpful. It was clean but the lockers are outside of the rooms which is annoying. Not much of a hostel atmosphere during my visit as a lt of people were there for work & study.

×