Lavender Circus Hostel, Doubles & Ensuites Reviews

Muzeum Krt. 37, V.district, Budapest, Hungary

Very welcoming hostel; great location for public transport and major sights.

Everything was perfect!

Eva and her map...well this is (because despite the fact we left Budapest I decided to keep her map) real masterpiece...She spent around an hour with us telling us (and marking stuff on the map with the surgical precision) where to have a beautiful wine or great breakfast or whatever you need if you are in the city you have never been before :) Very friendly staff, excellent location and first step to have a great time in Budapest. Big time !

A very nice staff introduced the whole city and marked on CitySpy map, invited us Pálinka.

If only I could give the staff and creativity 10 stars, I would. The staff never did less than their all, helping us find train, bus, etc. for our onward international journey. The hostel is in a protected historical building so no elevators are allowed, but the creative artwork makes up for it. This hostel is as ecclectic as it comes. We took so many pictures of our private room, all designed with the most adorable wall paintings. Retro here rules!

Check in took us 1 hour, staff was a bit too nice...

Wow! Where do I begin? By FAR the most unique hostel experience of my life so far. A very artsy, creative, eccentric hostel, with a super cool design. The staff, Henne and Eva, were A+ people and we were welcomed by multiple "welcome to budapest shots" (goes down smoooth haha). The rooms were clean, safe, and beautiful. My only advice is signage and lighting for the stairwell. The hostel is simply a floor of a building hard to spot, and the dark hallways might scare people off. Don't be scared!

I have stayed in lots of hostels all over Europe and South America and this is definitely one if my all time favorites!! It us beautifully decorated, very clean, in a great location and the staff was very friendly. I will definitely be back! Thanks for a wonderful stay.

It was all great

This place was amazing! The decor was so cool and quirky! Our double room came unexpectedly with a mini kitchen for ourselves with fridge. Very clean! Felt very safe in neighbourhood. The staff was so nice. Sat down and went through map with you for an hour! Plus free drink cards (highly recommend the ruin pubs). Only complaint would be that it was very noisy in the room with the traffic outside from the main road but only a tiny issue! Perfect place!

Best hostel we've stayed in at our trip! It is different from the usual hostels, the staff is really relaxed and friendly, everything is lovely decorated, the hostel has a good location and you can always drink free palinka ;)

This hostel was fantastic. It has plenty of character but is also very peaceful and homely. Great location, great kitchen facilities. One thing - maybe it would have been good to have a wardrobe in the bedroom. Staff were very friendly and helpful, they made us feel at home and went beyond the call of duty by helping us book our spa trip and doing our laundry. I would definitely recommend this place to friends.

The most beautiful place I've ever stayed. Incredible staff who were so helpful and kind. The place is so amazing I wish I never had to leave. Would stay there again any day. LOVED IT!

This hostel was the most special hostel I have ever been to. It is very beautiful (exactly as on the pictures), unique and comfortable (rooms, kitchen, bathrooms) and the staff is really nice and helpful – you can ask for anything. Whenever I need to come to Budapest, I will definitely go to the same hostel! Thanks for the awesome stay.

• 5th Sep 2014

Best stay possible. All staff suggestions are absolute gold; do everything they tell you to do! Hostel is beautifully decorated and appointed, rooms are enormous! Right across from the National Museum (quite a view), just steps from 2 intersecting metros (1 from the train station) and 10 minute walk to the action packed Jewish quarter. Had a great chat with the owner one night, we talked about the art on the walls and vacuuming under the beds (spotless otherwise). Could not have been better.

The room was lovely, the staff fantastic. Lots of extra special little touches like fresh coffee every morning - we wish we could have stayed longer and would definitely go back!

Had a wonderful stay here, with a great ensuite double room that had a nice little sitting areas and mini kitchen. Staff were very helpful and informative about the city and pleased to help us when we arrived early and came back after check out to retrieve our luggage. Very easy to walk to walk to centre of budapest and nearby shops and metro. Doesn't look like much from outside but is very nice inside.

The welcome was amazing and the staff very friendly and helpful. Great to have a kitchen available for preparing breakfast. Good area with metro station located at 1 min walk. Would repeat

I really fell in love with this beautiful hostel. Actually It is more than a hostel. It looks like o boutique hotel :) Location, cleanliess was excellent. Stuff were amazing. They were starting to help to explore city even we ask nothing. They gave us a valuable map and about half an hour they told everything about city. You can believe it is worth for living in there when you visit the Budapest.

The hostel was brilliant, one of the best I've ever stayed in. The staff were great and helpful, the location was good and the rooms are fantastic. Definitely worth staying here while in Budapest.

« first « Prev 1 2 3