Lavender Circus Hostel, Doubles & Ensuites Reviews

Muzeum Krt. 37, V.district, Budapest, Hungary

Beautiful building and rooms - very helpful and friendly staff!

The staff were so helpful, giving us so many great recommendations for places to go in Budapest. I was thinking about getting a massage at the thermal bath but Vena suggested I get one from her. I'm glad I did! She did an awesome job! Definitely recommend this place

a unique and wonderful hostel- excellent location, great staff, very clean, lots of hot water, very chilled vibe in the hostel- fantastic value for money-couldn't recommend enough.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Nicest hotel I have stayed in Europe so far.

• 15th Mar 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

It started it perfect. We've got a lot of advice and the reception that night we checked was very helpful in telling us about the great desserts in Budapest. The reception the day we checked out though was horrible. She complained that we woke her up (it was already 8 in the morning) because she went to sleep at 5am. We need to ask her about the best way to get to the airport but all she kept on saying was how tired she was, how late she slept and how we're the 2nd people waking her up, etc...

I had a brilliant time staying at the Lavender Circus Hostel. The price for our double ensuite room was absolutely unbeatable for the location, the size of the suite and the security features. The building itself is beautiful. The staff were lovely, especially when we first arrived. It was made sure that we were welcomed, sat down and shown a very detailed map, which was used to highlight the best places to go for food, entertainment and relaxation. Unbeatable and would stay again.

• 10th Mar 2014

This is the best hostel I have ever been so far!

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Macau

Since mostly we only slept in the hostel during night time, spent very little time during daytime my comment is only about security, facilities and staff. They were all very good. Had hot water, heating, nice bed to sleep, place to get breakfast and safe security. Nobody entered in our room during our stay time but us. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hostel to anyone. Thank you and hope to see you again soon. Regards, Danny

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Romania

Excellent location in the center of Budapest. U can go by walking almost to all placecs around the city. Rooms are very creativly made. We stayed for onw weak. Stuff are very nice and helpful, they explained us everything all the good places to go to eat excellent traditional Hungarian food for very low price and all the interesting places in the city. The only problem was that they don't change the towels in the room.

We had a really good stay and found the staff to be pleasant and very helpful. There is only one thing I would say is about the shower, the top shower head fixed to the wall didn't work. Thanks Lavender for a great stay!

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Wales

Everything was great and really helpful! The only negative was our bed. It was really uncomfortable and you could feel the springs. After a long day of walking around you really just want a comfortable bed.

• 4th Mar 2014

This has been our favorite hostel we've stayed in! It definitely made our stay in Budapest extra amazing. We loved the atmosphere, the staff, the location, everything! Everyone was friendly and helpful, and gave great advice. The vaue is excellent, we got our own room with a comfortable, large bed, for the same price as staying in a mixed dorm at other hostels. Such a rad place and totally cool people, definitely want to come back someday! Thanks so much for the wonderful accomodations!

A great place in so many respects, staff is very helpful and the whole place is welcoming and accommodating. When we stayed there had been some kind of leak just outside the room, so it smelled not so good, but hopefully they got all that sorted out afterwards. Deco is awesome, the other people staying nice, intelligent and sensible people.

Staying at Lavender Circus was definitely one of the highlights of my trip to Budapest. The women who work the front desk were amazingly helpful and were generous with their tips and advice about where to go and what to do in the city. I especially loved the atmosphere in the community room - I was travelling alone but never felt lonely. The overall feel of the hostel was inviting, creative, and friendly. It was also spotlessly clean. I highly recommend it and would stay again.

• 28th Feb 2014

nicely decorated place, excellent location and best staff ive ever seen in a hostel! they were super friendly and very helpful. when we returned to the hostel in the evening, they always kindly asked us how our day was, offered a tea, coffee or wine and sat down with us for a chat. staying in this hostel kind of felt like being at home in a shared flat - in a positive way ;-)

This is the most beautiful hostel I've ever stayed at! The rooms are really beautiful and artistic, and the hostel is located within walking distance from basically everywhere important. Really cosy and warm rooms, and I highly recommend this place for everyone who's into alternative-looking options :).

Our staying there was lovely and if we will ever come back to Budapest we would choose Lavander Circus with no doubt. The place is amazing, the building is impressing, the staff is young, helpful and joyful. Instead of a double room we had more like an apartment, very nice decorated, clean and spacious.

Probably one of the best hostels not only in Budapest...

• 16th Feb 2014

Excellent staff, hostel, location...everything. I love Budapest :) Thank you girls :)

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Croatia

The staff were exceptionally friendly, kind, sweet and helpful. We are planning to stay at the hostel again. The atmosphere created by the beautiful décor and by the staff made our stay even more amazing. We even had a lazy day staying in because we wanted to make the most of staying at the hostel. The common room is nicely set up. I have never stayed in a hostel, but compared to what I have heard, this was nothing like any other. I preferred Lavender Circus to any hotel I have stayed in!

• 2nd Feb 2014