Lavender Circus Hostel, Doubles & Ensuites

9.5
Superb 1601 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 18-24
7th May 2017

Absolutely loved staying with Lavender Circus! The lil' suites were so lovely and homely, it was super nice having a kitchenette all to ourselves, the wifi worked perfectly, and the facilities were clean and well-maintained. Despite our late arrival, a staff member was able to show us to our rooms no problem (it was in a seperate location from the reception) and she was super helpful and lovely. Thanks to these guys, our stay in Budapest was amazing!

14th Apr 2017

I spent the long Easter weekend in one of the Lavender Circus apartments. I was very pleased to have finally made it -- I planned the same trip for Easter last year but the plan fell through. Not this time, thankfully! This hostel was an amazing value. For not much more than I'm paying for a dorm bed in Berlin, I had a whole apartment to myself in the centre of Budapest. Thank you to the staff and owner who obviously put a lot of love into the place. The artwork and quirky details are fantastic!

• England, Female, 18-24
31st Mar 2017
7.7

The lavender Circus Hostel is a beautiful little hidden treasure. The facilities and drawings within the hostel are utterly stunning! The only thing that let down our stay was the attitude of one of the staff members towards us during our stay it made us feel very uncomfortable . We don't usually complain but as we work in customer service ourselves we felt the customer service skills of this individual needed to be addressed. Thankfully the other staff member Dory was lovely and very helpful.

Thanks for your useful comment.We are really sorry about your negative experience.We are ready to learn from our mistakes.Your comment helps us to improve our teamwork. Thank you. Have a lovely day.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
26th Mar 2017

The apartment that we rented was not actually at the main hostel location, but at a satellite location about 15 min walk away. The apartment was awesome! The little fridge and kettle and sink were great. Super clean and nice and quiet but a fine walking distance to a lot of Budapest's main attractions. The girl at the hostel took some time to go over a map with us and give us some recommendations on what to see and where to eat, which was great.

• Savannahchristiana
  • USA, Female, 18-24
17th Mar 2017

Wonderful. I was traveling by myself and it was my first time staying in a hostel. I was warmly greeted and was offered to stay in the main floor where the reception area was if it made me feel more comfortable and secure to have someone nearby. I opted to stay on the second floor which was quiet, and cozy. It also has a pretry central location.

• England, Couple, 18-24
21st Feb 2017

We stayed in the downtown apartment. Location was spot on, only a 5 minute walk from the nearest metro station (oktagon). It's on a quiet street which is off a main road with shops, bars and restaurants. The apartment was very clean and had everything we needed and the decoration is fun. We loved it from the moment we stepped in! We were running late due to a delayed flight but a staff member was there to greet us (at 11pm!) and spent time going through the map with us. Great experience.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
6th Feb 2017

Hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The private room with my own loft was so relaxing and uniquely decorated. Great walking distance to every major attraction as well. I wish I didn't have to leave!

• pinkgill1364
  • England, Couple, 41+
12th Jan 2017

This was a fantastic hostel- a little oasis!! Really quirky and such lovely staff. Slight problem with the loo which was attended to and sorted immediately. A really lovely ambient feel to it and would definitely return

12th Dec 2016

I loved Lavender Circus!! It is the perfect place for a Budapest get-away stay! I will most certainly be returning in the future. Thank you!!

30th Nov 2016

If you are a person who is hugely intimidated by the thought of climbing up 4 flights of stairs to the point that it would mar you experience at an otherwise lovely hostel then you shouldn't stay here. Your loss! Lavender Circus was so charming and comfortable. A true highlight of our trip. We ended spending much more time in the Jewish Quarter than the area around the hostel but it was an easy walk to make. Highly reccomended!