Lavender Circus Hostel, Doubles & Ensuites Reviews

Muzeum Krt. 37, V.district, Budapest, Hungary

It is an hostel located in an old apartment building at third floor.It is a big lack to not have a lift in that apartment.So if you would have some heavy luggage you should definately think again.The location of the hostel is good against the national museum and next to the ruin bar district.The staff are so helpful and kind girls always meet the visitors with tasty wine.I dont have any problem with the security the girls are always on watch when somebody enters to the main gate of hostel.

• 31st Jan 2014
  • Turkey

Very good and friendly staff. Very well decorated. Good location. Excellent value for money. I had a minor problem with the room heater, but the staff was very attentive and helpful.

Very very good location and friendly staff

I have stayed in many hostels and I have never found staff as friendly, welcoming and happy to help in any way possible as the people who run Lavender Circus. It has a very homely feel and the decor is interesting making for a lovely atmosphere. You will be greeted with a glass of local wine and a detailed description of local attractions to suit your interests. It is in a handy location and we walked virtually everywhere from here. Extremely easy location for travelling to/from the airport.

• 21st Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

Very friendly and helpful staff - Emma, Eva and Virag - in particular. Superb location within walking distance to many attractions. Well connected with the airport by the underground. We liked the cosy interiors, kitchen with a lot of brick-a-brack and the works of art everywhere. Even the loos come as a nice surprise with fish tanks The only disadvantage was a lack of a wardrobe or at least a coat hanger in the room and a bit cold rooms /winter stay/ with no option to increase the temperature

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Poland

Lavender Circus is an absolutely amazing & original place! Adam & his "Angels" made me really feel like home . Every saturday evening they cook for guests and it seems they also attract the greatest travellers from all over the world! Centrally located between two metro stations ("Astoria" and "Kalvin ter"), opposite of the Museum and close to several attractions. Judit gave me very heldpful hints what to see and where to eat out in the city and get good deals. Thank you very much!

An amazing and suggestive hostel with a very friendly atmosphere...highly recommended!:)

• 14th Jan 2014

Best hostel I´ve ever been to. Perfectly clean, staff very friendly and helpful. The location is perfect, almost everything is in the walking distance. There are many pubs and shops nearby. I can definitely recommend this hostel...

Very kind stuff and great atmosphere. Best stuff i have ever seen. Unfortunately the room we slept in was too cold....

Maybe the best hostel we have stayed ever. Well situated..big and very nice room..clean...Sara and Eva (staff) are very kind and explain everything of Budapest while they invite us all the coffe or wine we want. Last night we went out and ask to do late check out and they do the possible for it howeber they were fully book and another clients will come that day...this two nice girls are fantastic, and make feel us likecat home. If we come back to Budapest we will choose Lavender for sure!!!

Me and my boyfriend really enjoyed our stay in the hostel. The hostel has very good location, close to metro and city center. The hostel is furnished in a very unique way and its atmosphere is very friendly and cosy. The staff is really nice and helpful. They helped us with anything we needed and gave us a lot of information about the city. If you prefer staying at a quiet place with home atmosphere this hostel is the best choice. We will definitely come back!

This the best place we have ever stayed in! It is cosy, hip and everywhere you look is something interesting. When we arrived we were met by a warm welcome, shown our room which was beautiful. Then offered tea, coffee, hungarian wine and told we were welcome to use the kitchen to cook. We stayed during Christmas and there was a dinner party on our 3rd night where we met other guests, ate yummy hungarian pancakes and drank lots of Palinka! I cant recommend this hostel enough. JUST BOOK.

• 18th Dec 2013

I've never written post on hostelworld but for this time I did an exception... the hostel was one of the best in which I stayed. The sfaff is very kind and useful, the atmosphere is unique and all that you may need there are. Perfect for small groups (max three people).

• 17th Dec 2013

Despite the bathroom being a shared one it was just incredibly clean. The hostel has a wonderful atmosphere and the staff is so helpful and friendly. It felt like home! I'd recommend this place to all my friends. Great value for money and awesome location.

I would rather stay here again than in a 5* hotel. The staff made the place and couldn't do enough for us. They gave us so much information and were incredibly friendly, giving us cups of tea and even a glass of wine on our first night. The hostel is so beautiful and quirky and in an ideal location. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this place and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it - and will definitely stay here again when we come back to Budapest!

had a wonderful stay thank you!

• 2nd Dec 2013

This has been by far our favourite hostel we have EVER stayed in. Words won't even do it justice, on arrival we were greeted by a lovely staff member (Em ? sorry for forgetting her name), helped with our bags, sat us down (made us a coffee) and went through everything about Budapest with us. Places she recommended personally, and things you generally wouldn't know about visiting a city you've never been to. The place is one of a kind, I can't speak highly enough, thank you Lavender Circus

• 28th Nov 2013

Very nice staff, lovely rooms and great atmosphere!

• 27th Nov 2013
  • Slovenia

Very helpful, very motivated and very friendly stuff! Thank you very much!:) Hostel is located in a very beautiful and inspiring building, very cosy room with original decoration, comfortable armchairs etc. good location, very close to a metro station. Bathroom could have been cleaner in general, though, fresher. And the towels smelled funny, like they have not been washed properly. Cleanliness of the room in general ok. Felt like home. :)

• 21st Nov 2013

The staff without exception were, welcoming, friendly, approachable and informative. The hostel itself is attractive and comfortable and in a fantastic location, we walked to all the sights from the hostel.

• 20th Nov 2013