Lavender Lodge Kota Kinabalu Reviews

no.6 Jalan Laiman Diki, Kg. Air, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

It needs to create a common area, but everything else is very good. Super clean!

There was absolutely nothing to complain about. We felt like home. The best thing was, that the stuff really cares about you and helps you as possible. Me and my girlfriend have to thank the hostel team so much for helping us while we had big issues because of my health and being so patient and friendly. That was more than anyone can expect! We will recommend you everywhere possible and we really enjoyed our stay at your lovely place. Thank you very, very much! Best wishes Lea & Jonas

• 17th Aug 2015

Decently clean and friendly staff. Nothing to write home about, but good place to rest between trips.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Very clean and well maintained. The only complain was that the deluxe double room was a bit small and had no windows. In general though it was a good base for whatever kind of business you have going on around the city centre. Fully satisfied

Very friendly and helpful staff. The owner helped us arranging the whole trip and gave us great advices. We would definitively come back to Lavender Lodge.

A good hostel. Good location very friendly and helpful staff. The only two issues are the fact you have to give your key in to reception when you leave the building which makes you feel that your possessions are less secure. Of course this then comes down to trust and i had no reason to not trust the staff, though I did feel this procedure was a little odd. The internet overall was terrible. Always difficult to log on and very very very poor speed. This needs to be sorted.

What the other people said... Daniel and his wife and staff are lovely people, and very helpful. Definitely recommended. Be aware there is a vast difference between "standard" rooms. The first night we stayed in a shoebox with no window - a bit depressing, but we moved to another bigger standard room which had a window and some chairs and so on.. much nicer. If you're staying any length of time, do ask for the better room(s).

• 9th Jul 2015

Incredibly clean and friendly super helpful staff, also great value would recommend to anyone visiting KK!

The location wqs perfect and the staff were very helpful and warm. I hoped though that the staff had more knowledge about the various sites to see in Kk.. :-)

The staff were very accommodating..i hope they also had the chance to tour the city that way when travellers would ask them they can give first hand info about the various sites to see in Kk.. :-)

This hostel was awesome.I really enjoy staying there, it was a quite season when we were there so there was not so many people.the cleanliness is awesome and our room is very comfortable. The staff and the lady owner were also very helpful..Would love to come back there again

I have no complain except it would be nice if the they have tv lounge or / rest area / i.e sofas for the TV areas for the guests to relax and unwind.

My friends and I stayed here for 4 days and the moment we stepped in, we immediately felt warm hospitality of the staff. Throughout our stay, they were very helpful in planning our activities. The hostel in general (the rooms, the shower/toilet area, eating area) is immaculately clean. The facilities (AC, wifi, shower heater) worked, as stated. The location is also ideal such that a lot of good food places and the waterfront are just a few minutes away by foot. Overall, great value for money!

Excellent location, and very clean and tidy hostel. Was a bit quiet while i was there and no common/ lounge room area to meet other travellers, but apart from that it's very close to many shopping and market areas and very close to the harbour bar and restaurant strip. staff were lovely and a basic breakfast is made for you each morning!

Amazing Lavender Lodge. OMG this place is so clean and neat and real value for money. The staff just made us feel at home. Ms. Jenny was so adorable and she made us feel at home and also helped us with local tour, taxi etc. We would definitely recommend this place. Love you guys!!!

• 9th Apr 2015
  • India

Friendly staff and good location! Breakfast could be a bit more than just toast with jam and a few slices of watermelon :)

The staff are very friendly and helpful. They really seem to get to know the guests and make sure everyone is comfortable. Not a party hostel, but a safe, clean, and well-located near shopping, food, and anything else you need.

Cleanest hostel in the world. Hands down best part of the hostel. Wifi is non-existent on the third and fourth floor. Very relaxed environment and a good mix of people. Would probably stay again!

This is a lovely hostel, it's clean, in a great location, the staff are friendly and knowlegable and there's a nice breakfast. The wifi works too. I stayed 2 nights and I've just returned for my second visit, no doubt I'll return again and probably again whilst I explore this area of Sabah. I'd definitely recommend it to the budget traveller.

View all Kota Kinabalu Hostels