Lavender Lodge Kota Kinabalu Reviews

no.6 Jalan Laiman Diki, Kg. Air, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Air-con not cold

Friendly staff and very clean, comfortable rooms. Breakfast consisted of all you can eat toast, tea or coffee and some fruit. Ideal location for airport, local buses and everything you could need in town. Would stay here again.

Great location for city centre. Room also much cleaner than other hostels I've used.

Really good place! Location was good and the staff friendly and attentive. They rooms were large, clean, and have ac. They even gave new sheets everyday, which is unnecessary for my friend and I who were staying for 2 days, but it does increase the perception of a very clean place. The only complaint I have is that there is no common area that is really conducive to meet other travelers here. There is a tv room that fits maybe 6 cramped and a breakfast area that is best used just for that.

Everything you need in a good location, the Wi-Fi is better on the lower floors. The earlier reviewer was right about some of the younger staff not being as courteous to fellow Asian guests as to white guests though, but I guess that's common.

Me and my friend booked a twin room. Good value for money, although we're paying close to hostel price, our room were cleaned and towels were changed everyday like in a hotel. It is quite and peaceful throughout the two nights we stayed, either our neighbours were really understanding people or the sound insulation is good. Clean and sufficient facilities. Only downside could be the many stairs (four floors) without a lift.

Good and tidy envirnment, nice staffs. But only one socket in a 4 bed room.

Lavender Lodge was clean, staff were helpful, Location was good enough to reach places but maybe i expected too much. Room rates were somehow overestimated just like evrything in KK, breakfast was only two sheets of toasted bread, two pieces of water melon and coffee. Especially staff were extra kind and smiley only toward western customers. That made me feel disgust.

Cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in. The owner is a wonderful lady. Would definitely recommend

• 27th Dec 2013

Left bags overnight and they were securely locked in a cupboard, but when we checked out and left them at the hostel for a few hours they were just left unattended in the dining area. Had problems with staff booking cabs for us - the prices were ridiculous so we found our own way - which was more effort but heaps cheaper. Right across the road from great seafood market. Mozzie bits at night even with repellent. Pillows enormous, bathrooms dirty, shower good. Wouldn't stay again, but was ok

Great place to stay in KK. Walking distance to everything, shops, bus stop and long distance taxi rank. Staff were lovely, service with a smile. Breakfast was basic but did the job. The rooms were clean and simple, air con worked and shared bathrooms were in good condition. I would recommend this place to anyone staying in KK on a budget.

Highly recommended.

Very wonderful place to stay in KK, this place is run by very friendly people. The rooms are superb with high cleanliness standard, the owners are very friendly as well, warm and hospitable. Will definitely be staying again for our next visit. Thank you Lavender Lodge "LL"

The ownner and staff very freindly. We love and recommend this hostel.

Thank you for excellent hosptality ! Good memories ! Anders and Kirsri from Norway

Nothing to complain about !

Was a good hostel - made all the better by the owner/taxi driver who gave us a lot of the history of Malaysia and what life is like there - very insightful and eye-opening.

Very nice place. Cheap and clean. Excellent for low budget. Nevertheless the breakfast was very poor, such as in the majority of this kind of hostels in Malaysia.

Nice Hostel with goods beds and bathrooms. The hostel booked me a tour to the Kinabatangan river and it was perfect. They booked me hostels in Sepilok and Mount Kinabalu and arranged the pick-up for the river tour, Thank you for that!

Lovely but you will get very fit walking up and down the millions of stairs. Also the staff were not massively clued up on where you can go. But it's clean and dark and quiet at night but the breakfast should be missed. The showers are good.

View all Kota Kinabalu Hostels