Lavender Lodge Kota Kinabalu Reviews

no.6 Jalan Laiman Diki, Kg. Air, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

This is a lovely hostel, it's clean, in a great location, the staff are friendly and knowlegable and there's a nice breakfast. The wifi works too. I stayed 2 nights and I've just returned for my second visit, no doubt I'll return again and probably again whilst I explore this area of Sabah. I'd definitely recommend it to the budget traveller.

The staff here go out of there way to make this a safe and clean place to stay. But the internet works very poorly. Answering e-mails at night, the net connection fades to one bar, then completely disconnects at random. Also, my room had no windows---not a big deal to me but some people might not like it. AC, showers, ceiling fan all worked perfectly. Simple but nice breakfast (toast, jam, coffee) friendly staff! Great bed with spanking clean sheets daily.

Everything is great, location, staff ... If there was wifi in the room (esp room 205), it would be great.

excellent location (as the city center is pretty small). very nice bed and experience

Everything was good. Just that it lacks a common area for everyone to gather and mingle around. Perhaps they could touch-up the tv lounge and put some board/card games in there.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to kota kinabalu. Appreciate your comments and suggestions about our facilities. we do have a common area where by our guests can gather and mingle, this is the cafeteria area where you can drink eat, socialize, surfing internet and play board/card games. The TV lounge is normally reserved for guests who prefer to watch TV or video . Thanks again and we hope to meet up with you again in the not too distant future.

Very Clean , the staff is constantly cleaning the rooms and bathroom. Free breakfast and great location.

The hotel was very clean, and the showers/toilets were excellent. The staff was wonderful, helpful, and understanding. I didn't like that the AC was on all night, and could not be turned off, because I believe it made me feel a little sick. The linens and towels were changed every day, which I was very appreciative for. This is not the best hostel for solo travelers to meet other travelers, as there is not much of a common room, but I did enjoy my stay.

We loved the Lavender Lodge!! Great place to stay and great location :) We loved how helpful the staff was and how accommodating they were.

• 13th Jan 2015

Lavender Lodge have great location..

pc at common area. needs upgrade. weak WiFi signal and shower water pressure on 4th floor excellent staffs and services

Great stay. Friendly staff, good location and very clean.

The staff are excellent, we haven't plan our trip but the staff really gave us some good advices, the room is clean and with this valuable price, it's comfortable. Just a bit far to the jetty to the outer island, need to walk about 10-15 minutes, but there are many restaurant near the road, easy to get some snacks during the one way road to the jetty. Just unfortunately, the house wifi could not work for a day, but so far it's fine.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

The staff were very helpful and friendly. They looked after our bags whilst we climbed mount Kinabalu.

• 18th Dec 2014

Great lodge, very clean throughout and within 15 mins walk to Jesselton Jetty or a easy $3 taxi fare if feeling lazy. Night markets directly behind and a huge seafood dining place just across the street. Washing across road also very cheap to get done. Breakfast basic, toast and some fruit but fills the void for the few hours through till luchtime. Overall a nice place to crash while in KK, id come back here again if passing by once more!

We really enjoyed our three nights at the lavender, the staff were brilliant, Daniel was so helpful, he helped us book our trip to mount Kinabalu and they let us store our big rucksacks while we climbed the mountain and then we spent the night after there to recover after the climb! The location is great, it's opposite a food market and there's a great restaurant on the same street where we ate a lot as the food was delicious. Would definitely recommend this place, it's quiet and peaceful, clean

• 4th Nov 2014

Super clean place, extremly friendly staff and very helpful. If you need to spend a couple of nights in kk this is your place. Breakfast its good!

Upon check in we were upgraded from deluxe double room w/shared toilet to one with attached toilet without any added cost so that was nice. Overall nice, clean hostel with a great location near Sedco Square. One gripe would be that the water pressure in our bathroom was very low.

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

The staff are very nice to anwer our question and help us call the taxi etc. The room is very clean.

• 21st Oct 2014
  • China

This is one of the cleanest hostels I have stayed in. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Good location. Definately recommend to others.

In a word, Spotless. The place was super clean. No worry about bed bugs, we stayed for 4 or 5 nights Oct 2014. Nice enough location, very central, was very happy with our stay.

• 14th Oct 2014