Lavender Lodge Kota Kinabalu Reviews

no.6 Jalan Laiman Diki, Kg. Air, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Very, very noisy hostel with cockroaches in the bathroom. The room was relatively clean, but barely slept due to the noise of people walking down the corridor past the room.

Stayed in a dorm room and meet so many other single female travels. Great place and central located near the night market!

Very nice dorms and breakfast included!

Nice quiet place to stay for a night in KK!

Fantastic hostel. Spotlessly clean, staff were super friendly. Great location and excellent resturant 2 doors down. I wish all hostels werea s good as this 1.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Centrally located with great staff who are ready to help throughout your stay. Very clean and excellent value for money. Would definitely recommend Lavender Lodge to anyone venturing out to Kota Kinabalu!

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Malta

The hostel is a great choice for all kins of tourists! The stuff was extremely helpful and nice, the room cleanliness was maintained every day, and overall stay was very pleasant. For the price we paid the hostel was much better than expected!

The place is clean, staff are nice. WiFi reception is poor inside the room. One side note, if you want to go to the islands, go get the package in the pier, don't trust the manager there, especially for the kinabalu park trip, the guide she provide is such a *, poor English and driving, and all he did is smoking. thanks to him we miss the trekking tour, and we didn't realize that until we're on the way back, coz we were told to go back for the tour instead of home so do your own research.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

we are deeply sorry for your comment about the kinabalu day trip . If only you mentioned this to us immediately after returning from the trip, we would surely have demanded an explanation and money back from the tour company for you. we only made the booking for you with the tour company which we trust with good reputation, but on this occasion, they were short of tour bus and so passed their customer to another company unknown to us. we are a hotel and not a tour company.

I arrived in KK at night, and at first was a little bit worried about my choice. The location seemed a bit grungy, and my room was located on an alley, which was a little noisy at night. However, I quickly found that the positives outweighed the negatives. The staff at Lavender Lodge is great, very friendly and helpful in setting up day trips around KK. The room I stayed in was clean and comfortable, with A/C and good facilities. I ended up staying here for a week, and had no regrets.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Everything was just perfect!

It's not a very exciting hostel. There's a breakfast area downstairs, but it doesn't lend itself to meeting people. The TV lounge on the 2nd floor is tucked away and small. But the staff were helpful, and free breakfast was nice. It's across the street from the fish market and tons of other restaurants.

I am glad to know that the owner of this hotel patronizes Filipino workers. All their staff are Filipino. But these people needs training in customer service, when I asked them how go places they'll always insists travel packages from their partner travel agencies which are very expensive, about double of the price doing it yourself. They never recommend other options or their hiding it :( Our room is next to a room occupied by a group of Chinese and these people are yelling all day and night.

HI Mr Gilbert, i am surprise you made comments in hostelworld as you checked into our hotel without making any reservation with hostelworld or with us. our staffs are experience and friendly and will only recommend tour packages if there is no other way of doing it yourself, and the prices quoted are among the cheapest in town ,so we categorically disagree with what you have said which is untrue. i am sure you have made a mistake. The chinese guests certainly did not yell all day and night.

Staff is so bad,rude. Especially 30-40s lady. I stayed 6 female domitory. They don't have each plug for each bed. They have just 2 plugs for 6 people. And the hook is located at very incovienient place. It was sooo stressful. Breakfast was very poor. I DONT recommend this hotel. It was worst one I stayed ever.!!!!

• 8th May 2014
  • Japan

we took your complaint seriously and made thorough investigation with the staff concern. we are happy with the staff as she is very friendly and never rude to any guests. we have total 8 socket points in the dorm room for 6 pax so it is not true about the sockets. our breakfast starts at 7am daily and the staff made special breakfast for you at 6am as you were checking out early. The hooks for clothes are next to your bed. you were angry because of the missing hotel towels.

this hostel staff is sooo kind, and introduce good tour porgrame!! I am very satisfied tour programme. If I visit KK again, I'll stay is hostel agian....

This place is very clean and location is pretty good. The actual owner is lovely....really genuine and pleasant, but some of the other staff are not very nice e.g my room door was faulty and locked by itself so I went down to ask Nora (the receptionist) to open my room door, she basically made me feel like it was my fault and locked myself out on purpose! I'd stay here for convenience but not if you're looking for a friendly backpacker environment!

• 1st May 2014
  • Wales

The hostel is alright, comfy enough beds and average breakfast. It's not in the best of locations but kk is small so not really a problem. There was no one to be seen when I stayed so no much atmosphere either. When I checked out they wouldn't give me my key deposit back, saying that "it is written in a book they already had" - arguing about the R$10 was gonna get me no where so basically the cost is higher than they publish. Or make sure you get the money back

my first impression was superceded by the brilliant hospitality here. really first class. if you are in doubt about staying here just do it. you wont regret it. lovely staff

Air-con not cold

Friendly staff and very clean, comfortable rooms. Breakfast consisted of all you can eat toast, tea or coffee and some fruit. Ideal location for airport, local buses and everything you could need in town. Would stay here again.

Great location for city centre. Room also much cleaner than other hostels I've used.

View all Kota Kinabalu Hostels