Lavender Lodge Kota Kinabalu Reviews

no.6 Jalan Laiman Diki, Kg. Air, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Everything was just perfect!

It's not a very exciting hostel. There's a breakfast area downstairs, but it doesn't lend itself to meeting people. The TV lounge on the 2nd floor is tucked away and small. But the staff were helpful, and free breakfast was nice. It's across the street from the fish market and tons of other restaurants.

I am glad to know that the owner of this hotel patronizes Filipino workers. All their staff are Filipino. But these people needs training in customer service, when I asked them how go places they'll always insists travel packages from their partner travel agencies which are very expensive, about double of the price doing it yourself. They never recommend other options or their hiding it :( Our room is next to a room occupied by a group of Chinese and these people are yelling all day and night.

HI Mr Gilbert, i am surprise you made comments in hostelworld as you checked into our hotel without making any reservation with hostelworld or with us. our staffs are experience and friendly and will only recommend tour packages if there is no other way of doing it yourself, and the prices quoted are among the cheapest in town ,so we categorically disagree with what you have said which is untrue. i am sure you have made a mistake. The chinese guests certainly did not yell all day and night.

Staff is so bad,rude. Especially 30-40s lady. I stayed 6 female domitory. They don't have each plug for each bed. They have just 2 plugs for 6 people. And the hook is located at very incovienient place. It was sooo stressful. Breakfast was very poor. I DONT recommend this hotel. It was worst one I stayed ever.!!!!

• 8th May 2014
  • Japan

we took your complaint seriously and made thorough investigation with the staff concern. we are happy with the staff as she is very friendly and never rude to any guests. we have total 8 socket points in the dorm room for 6 pax so it is not true about the sockets. our breakfast starts at 7am daily and the staff made special breakfast for you at 6am as you were checking out early. The hooks for clothes are next to your bed. you were angry because of the missing hotel towels.

this hostel staff is sooo kind, and introduce good tour porgrame!! I am very satisfied tour programme. If I visit KK again, I'll stay is hostel agian....

This place is very clean and location is pretty good. The actual owner is lovely....really genuine and pleasant, but some of the other staff are not very nice e.g my room door was faulty and locked by itself so I went down to ask Nora (the receptionist) to open my room door, she basically made me feel like it was my fault and locked myself out on purpose! I'd stay here for convenience but not if you're looking for a friendly backpacker environment!

• 1st May 2014
  • Wales

The hostel is alright, comfy enough beds and average breakfast. It's not in the best of locations but kk is small so not really a problem. There was no one to be seen when I stayed so no much atmosphere either. When I checked out they wouldn't give me my key deposit back, saying that "it is written in a book they already had" - arguing about the R$10 was gonna get me no where so basically the cost is higher than they publish. Or make sure you get the money back

1 2 Next » last »