Lazy House Shenanigans

8.1
Fabulous 326 Total Reviews

• British Indian Ocean Territory, Male, 31-40
23rd Aug 2017

A lovely place to stay, in the middle of town giving access to both sunrise and sunset beaches and all the bars and restaurants of Koh Phangang, not that you have to go far with the pool bar. Clean rooms with the friendliest staff and great food both Thai and English. Will def stay again .

18th Aug 2017

Great place to stay super friendly staff it wasn't my 1st time and it won't be my last See ya soon guys!!!!

17th Aug 2017

I had the time of my life at this hostel! It is the best value on the island. Plus the staff are extremely knowledgeable about all the parties and are more than willing to tell you about where to go to have a great time. Plus they've got a full menu of food they make! I recommend the bacon beast! When I pass through here again I will be staying here.

• USA, Female, 18-24
15th Aug 2017

Would definitely recommend staying at Shenanigans. With a pool, full restaurant, bar, and lounge areas, it pretty much has it all. I wish I hadn't had further travel plans already booked so I could stay longer. The staff is lovely, the bathrooms clean, and extremely convenient to get to the beach, maybe a five minute walk. Well worth the price to spend a few days here! Hope to come back soon!

• USA, Male, 18-24
12th Aug 2017

Great place to stay for full moon or just to explore the island a bit. Rooms are cheap, staff is friendly, and the free additions such as the pool and coffee/ tea are great. You can also walk to the beach from the hostel in a few minutes, so if you plan to party or just relax on the beach, it's perfect. Definitely would stay again if in koh phangan.

• Spain, All Male Group, 18-24
7.1

No shower during a day and a half, we were 5 and they placed us in different rooms, everything else was quite good, nice staff and good environment, perfect location.

• England, Female, 18-24
6.0

Stayed here during the recent full moon. There are around 4 showers for almost 200 people so always a que. The showers were honestly a dribble. water stopped working for one day which meant toilets wouldn't flush, so as you can imagine it was disgusting. Also, the pool is filthy and has loads of skin floating in it. It made me feel sick! I've stayed in some grim hostels but I think cos this one isn't cheap that I'm advising you to stay somewhere else. Location is good though.

What a load of rubbish . 4 showers for 200 guests . you write for the daily mail as well ? the pool is professionally maintained and is as clean as any pool is ,there has never been skin floating in the pool .where do you think this shite up ? Pathetic little cunt

• JoJoRTW
  • England, Female, 31-40
6.6

Great location for full moon BUT the rooms smelled of damp, the pool was disgustingly filthy, the shower didn't drain properly, and there was NO WATER on two occasions. I was unable to take a shower either before full moon or the morning/early afternoon of the day after. TOILETS COULD NOT BE FLUSHED!!!! Given the extortionate prices charged by the owner for full moon and the fact you have to stay 4 nights I expect good sanitation as a basic. The staff were lovely, but I couldn't recommend.

A BROKEN PIPE CAUSE THE PROBLEMS ....Some time between 7 pm and 9pm on fullmoon evening a PIPE BURST ,this affected the pressure throughout the entire building .It also helped drain the 36,000 liters of water stored in tanks . Getting a builder to come out of Fullmoon night was impossible . we refilled the tanks just to have them empty through the ruptured pipe .We finally located the rupture in the morning as it was impossible to find in the middle of the night . It took time to fix it properly but we did get the water back on as quickly as humanly possible . this could of happened anywhere at anytime ,its was incredibly bad luck that it happened on fullmoon time . To suggest that we run our hostel like this at all time is a little pathetic of you but hey ho.... jog on

• Colombia, Female, 25-30
6.6

If you want to go to the full moon party is great location. However, there were no water throughout our entire stay! You can't take a shower or flush the toilet, or even wash off the glowing paint from the full moon party! In this regard it was absolutely awful! The whole place begun to smell like sewer! Pool was very disgusting as well!

Thats some massively overblown mate and you know it ..there was a minor problem the morning after the fmp because some guests left a tap running when they went to the fmp so as fast as we were filling the tanks over night it was draining due to a guests stupidity ... Im guessing you left the morning after the Fmp and thats why you have decided to over blow the situation . nice revenge mate ,very grown up ......

• Scotland, Male, 18-24
5.7

Lazy House is a perfect hostel for a 1 night stay during the Full Moon Party, this is where it stops. If you like basic facilities such as running water and a working toilet then this probably isn't the place for you. Although their unique design of the shower above the toilet worked particularly when I was pouring bottled water over myself to bathe. It was always left a warm feeling in my stomach (or maybe that the present the last backpacker left me in the toiltet!). To conclude, don't stay

Thanks for the sarcasm, i do appreciate it . I love the way you make a very minor problem sound so huge .There are no showers hanging directly above any toilets really are there . We had a water problem for about 2 hours .not your entire stay .maybe you dont remember your entire stay . you lots sure put enough alcohol away ...

×