Lazy House Reviews

91/13 moo 6, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Stayed at lazy house 'shenanigans'. Great atmosphere, well priced, convenient location to Haad Rin sunrise beach (full moon party location) and friendly staff. Nice little grass patch to chill out on when you have had a few brews. I would stay again.

Taco, Taco, Taco!!!...his genuine hospitality made me feel at home. He is very knowledgeable of what to do, where to go, and how much it should cost. Goes above & beyond. He deserves to be tipped(it will help his Nepali family). Steve was an excellent host at the Outback restaurant. Funny guy. Pros: 1. Location in Haad Rin [5-7 minute walk to Sunrise beach(where the Full Moon Party takes place) & 2-3 minute walk to Sunset Beach(where ferry can take you to Ko Samui)] 2. Atmosphere

Really Good hostel staff were amazing got breakfast included every day and was a really good selection, got a free bucket and dinner given to us the night of the full moon by the hostel really good ac would defiantly stay again.

This is a rating for their sister hostel, "shenanigans" which I was moved to upon arrival without explanation, the owner tried to tell me I booked a different place, which was not true Pros: Ac was great Cool people staying there Emily was nice Cons: * Moved to different hostel for no apparent reason * bathroom broke multiple times * 1 bathroom for 18 people on top floor * the owner leaves nasty comments on negative reviews...I await his reply ;) * Service was kind of slow

We moved you to shenanigans because we had a over booking in your dorm . there are 5 bathrooms mate 2 upstairs on the landing and 3 more at the bottom of the stairs . we are 3 minutes from 2 beautiful beaches and you scores us that for location , is that because we moved you ? we had no break ins or thefts reported and you mark us down on security . LETS BE HONEST YOU HAVE MARKED US DOWN BECAUSE WE MOVED YOU EH !!! NOT SHOUTING JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE PEOPLE READ THIS !

Staff is truly incredible. Made everything incredibly easy and knew all the great spots.

• 31st May 2015

this hostel gets my full rating and my 1st ever review for a reason. everything you need in a hostel on this island this place has it covered. from the owner Jon, to Steve and his bar team. great characters. special word must be said about Taco the hostel manager. This guy is just a breath of fresh air. Its good to know there are still people like him on this earth. a genuine top man. honestly my time at Lazy house was one of the best ive had yet. looking forward to next time!! Mark - Ireland

The staff working here are the best! Taco goes out of his way to give you anything you need and always asks you if everything is okay. It can get loud but that is to be expected since it's so close to the full moon party. Still, it's far enough away that you can go to sleep if you need to. I recommend the hostel. It's perfect location and great staff.

Loved it! Laid back atmosphere, central location on Haad Rin, clean, GREAT AIR CON, and great staff!! Taco, who runs the front desk, is hilarious, so helpful and so so kind. He definitely made my time at Lazy House that much better!

Great location, friendly and helpful staff, good food and nice clean rooms. Very easy to meet people! Loved Lazy House

• 30th May 2015

Staff really friendly and helpful, private rooms were all newly but and designed cool, but a few basics gone stray: mattress was terrible tho - could feel every spring. Mosquitoes screen should be put Over the air vents in the bathroom as they get in there. Didn't take from our stay tho, it was a great hos

• 30th May 2015

Ne Ne was absolutely brilliant! He made our stay so much more enjoyable and helped us whenever we had an issue. The owner could do with chilling out in front of customers! doesnt create a great vibe when he is threatening his staff/son in front of guests! (he was nice most of the time!!)

• 30th May 2015

Best hostel on the island! Tacco and his wife did everything to make us feel like a big family! Thank you so much and I hope to keep in touch! Great 6 days at full moon! ( plus very sociable atmosphere, clean with great ac and great location! Thank you again! Anna and Phoebe

Really well located! I got moved to shenanigans their sister hostel. Staff were friendly and a lot of fun! Rooms were spacious and clean. Need more plug sockets in the room!

The hostel was amazing. Great location, very polite, helpful nice staff; espicially Thakur! Thanks man for everything. Everything was perfect! If I go there again, I would definitely stay in lazy house again!

Stayed here for full moon. The place we stayed was not the place booked. They walked us down the road to Shenanigans Hostel. The place was alright, but the Internet was very bad during the day/night and the washrooms were dirty. We stayed 3 nights and the light in one washroom was not fixed the whole time. Obviously maintenance was not night priority.

We own both hostels , We dont charge for internet or wifi , when there are 120 guests it can get a bit slow .normal in a developing country . The washroom are cleaned down every hour during busy times , we dont clean down after every guest , we do expect guests to leave the bathrooms in the condition they found them in but unfortunatly there are some real lazy slobs travelling nowadays ! The light switch in the bathroom is a waterproof l unit not available on this tiny island ,its on order

John and Steve were awesome. Always available and ready with answers about anything. The atmosphere was captivating especially around the full moon party. They are in the works of adding more amenities so definitely check it out!

This Place is great, I would definitely stay again. I had my phone stolen and he was doing everything to help. The bathrooms are clean, you get plenty of hot water. Daily the owner would give out drink a food coupons which was helpful. You are close to beach, but far enough way you can actually sleep.

• 30th Apr 2015

Came here for full moon and had an excellent time. Superb location, great atmosphere and very clean. Above all must give full credit to the hostel manager Tacco who was simply excellent. He couldn't be more helpful and advised us all on how to be safe while on the island. A real nice guy.

Another great time at full moon! The manager Taco is a great dude! Always hooks you up and makes sure you have everything you need.

Taco is THE best! He really makes the effort to get to know everyone's name and always randomly checks up n you and asks how you're to make sure you are enjoying every minute of your stay. His English is very strong so he's very useful when it comes to giving advice when you have questions about anything. And you can really feel he does it in your best interest and genuinely wants to help :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3