Lazy House Reviews

91/13 moo 6, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Thanks Jon for the nice stay and information about everything

• 2nd Apr 2015

The couple who runs the hostel are incredibly nice and work extra hard to make sure everything is good and you have a great stay. Taco cooked a meal for us one night and was always willing to help out with anything we needed. There are lockers in the room to secure your belongings and it is very close to the Full Moon party, but far enough away that you could get some sleep as well. We had a great stay and would recommend.

Thanks for the amazing review , Yes Taco is a legend , thanks for the booking and we hope to see you again someday .

I very much enjoyed my 4 night stay at Lazy House and mostly because Taco and his wife really go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. I stayed during the full moon party so it was fully booked but one of them was always around to answer any questions I had. The outback bar and lazy house restaurant had great food and was a nice place to relax and watch a movie.

hostel itself was ok-very clean, but not enough powerpoints! and sadly no onsite communal area which was a real shame. but what really made it was Tacco...what a character! Genuinely nice chap, chilled with beers with him, he gave us free paints on full moon, and was ready to help out with any problems we had whenever he could! Never known anyone work so hard as him & his family! really made my stay awesome, thanks Tacco! I had reviews before, and kept hearing about Tacco..now I know why!

Hi and thanks for the great review . I just have to ask the question ? How on earth did you miss the onsite lounge , Its right opposite the 14 bed dorm at the bottom of the stairs , it does not matter what room you stayed in you have to pass the lounge on the way in and out of the Hostel ! Taco is a legend eh !!!

I stayed here for full moon. Great hostel! The manager Taco is a good dude and really went out of his way to make sure I was happy. Even offered to cook me a meal. I only wish the hostel had a better bar/lounge area, but other than that I definitely enjoyed my stay and will be coming back!

HI and thanks for the great review , we do own 3 bars aswell as the hostel ,all of which are within a 2 minute slow walk .

3 of us stayed here during full moon. The facilities and location were great, quick and easy check in. Best thing was the staff, taco did everything he could to make our stay perfect. Great knowledge, spoke great english and a really nice guy!

• 31st Mar 2015

Stayed here for 7 nights and the manager Taco was very welcoming. Easy to chat to and offered good advice about the island. I stayed in a 4 bed mix dorm Which was basic and the beds were comfortable. Very close to haad rin beach but quiet enough to get a good nights sleep.

• 29th Mar 2015

Great value for money. 10 minute walk from haad Rin beach. Great food and movies. Clean rooms and shower/toilet facilities.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Lazy House was a great hostel and the owner was very welcoming and accommodating. We did not go during the full moon party so it was very quiet. It is in an excellent location, short walking distance to the beach and to the port.

Taco and his wife worked exceptionally hard to keep the hostel clean

This is by far the best hostel I have stayed in. Tacco the Manager is an incredible man, he can't do enough for you. Anything you need he's there to assist, very friendly and even cooked a meal for me and my friend. The hostel itself is in a good location, 2 miutes from Haad Rin were the full moon party is. Rooms where well air conditioned and very clean, there was such a good atmosphere. There is a good bar / restaurant were we were given free buckets, free breakfast and dinner and it was free!

We stayed here for the full moon party and it was in the perfect place. Close enough to walk to the party, but far enough away that you can get some sleep if you want to. We had a great Pink floyd-themed room, which was cool. They also gave us breakfast vouchers and free drinks each night.

The owner of this place owns many places so my feedback is a reflection of the hostel called Shenanigans which they brought me to. Place was located in Haad Rin and close to the beach. Rooms where very clean along with the facilities. There is a nice lounge area where you can meat people, order food, watch TV, listen to music and drink. There is also a big pull down screen for the projector so you can watch a movie at night with people. The staff was very friendly and helpful if you needed it.

Very pleasant stay! All in all almost perfect with an incredible common area (stayed at the shenanigans). Only recommendation would be to add more power plugs in the room.

Great place. Owner very helpful, a layed back and relaxed atmosphere as I wasn't there during the FMP. Would stay again

I had such a good stay at Lazy House! Tacco was so hospitable and helpful. I stayed for 4 nights and on the last night he cooked food for a few of us that we're staying which was really lovely. I am heading back for Full Moon and will definitely be staying here again!

• 7th Feb 2015

I stayed in the cheapest dorm at 150 baht a night and for a four bed ensuite dorm that was quite a good deal. No Wifi but Taco (the manager) wrote down the passwords of surrounding places and if you sit on the balcony you can connect to those. You get provided with a towel and are close to all the amenities, and Taco is just the best. A lovely, helpful man. My dormbuddies and I all left on the same day so he invited us for dinner at his place on our final night, what a nice gesture!

• 6th Feb 2015

The Wifi was down for a couple of days . Its back up and running fine .Your score seems low when compared to your written review .

Tacco is the best guy ever! Such an amazing host, he is so friendly and welcoming. He cooked a delicious meal for three of us and told us his story about how he ended up in Thailand and then invited us all to visit him back home in Nepal. What a nice guy. He really makes the place special. It doesn't hurt that I met some great people in my dorm as well. The rooms are nothing special, beds are good, and facilities are clean, but Tacco is what makes this place rise above the rest.

Excellent hostel. even in a 22 bed dorm it is very quiet and easy to get a good night sleep. lots of people meet up outside the entrance to drink before going out and is a great way to meet new people

Tacco is an excellent host and so very helpful. Everything you need is right next to Lazy House: street food, corner store, laundry, travel agency, shopping, etc. Don't expect 5-star accomodation anywhere in Haad Rin; this is probably as good as it's going to get in terms of cleanliness and facilities. Also, Lazy House is not the place with the common room featured in the pictures. However, you are welcome to hang out at the other properties and watch movies/eat/drink/play pool whenever

Thanks for the review, you sound like you enjoyed your stay and had a good time over fullmoon .So why such a low score . your review score does not seem to reflect the written review ??? The photo is of the Lazy house ,its the restaurant and as you have said guests are welcome to hang out there or in any of the other 5 businesses i own that are all within a 2 minute walk of the hostel,

« first « Prev 1 2 3