Lazy House Reviews

91/13 moo 6, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Great value for money. 10 minute walk from haad Rin beach. Great food and movies. Clean rooms and shower/toilet facilities.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Lazy House was a great hostel and the owner was very welcoming and accommodating. We did not go during the full moon party so it was very quiet. It is in an excellent location, short walking distance to the beach and to the port.

Taco and his wife worked exceptionally hard to keep the hostel clean

This is by far the best hostel I have stayed in. Tacco the Manager is an incredible man, he can't do enough for you. Anything you need he's there to assist, very friendly and even cooked a meal for me and my friend. The hostel itself is in a good location, 2 miutes from Haad Rin were the full moon party is. Rooms where well air conditioned and very clean, there was such a good atmosphere. There is a good bar / restaurant were we were given free buckets, free breakfast and dinner and it was free!

We stayed here for the full moon party and it was in the perfect place. Close enough to walk to the party, but far enough away that you can get some sleep if you want to. We had a great Pink floyd-themed room, which was cool. They also gave us breakfast vouchers and free drinks each night.

The owner of this place owns many places so my feedback is a reflection of the hostel called Shenanigans which they brought me to. Place was located in Haad Rin and close to the beach. Rooms where very clean along with the facilities. There is a nice lounge area where you can meat people, order food, watch TV, listen to music and drink. There is also a big pull down screen for the projector so you can watch a movie at night with people. The staff was very friendly and helpful if you needed it.

Very pleasant stay! All in all almost perfect with an incredible common area (stayed at the shenanigans). Only recommendation would be to add more power plugs in the room.

Great place. Owner very helpful, a layed back and relaxed atmosphere as I wasn't there during the FMP. Would stay again

I had such a good stay at Lazy House! Tacco was so hospitable and helpful. I stayed for 4 nights and on the last night he cooked food for a few of us that we're staying which was really lovely. I am heading back for Full Moon and will definitely be staying here again!

• 7th Feb 2015

I stayed in the cheapest dorm at 150 baht a night and for a four bed ensuite dorm that was quite a good deal. No Wifi but Taco (the manager) wrote down the passwords of surrounding places and if you sit on the balcony you can connect to those. You get provided with a towel and are close to all the amenities, and Taco is just the best. A lovely, helpful man. My dormbuddies and I all left on the same day so he invited us for dinner at his place on our final night, what a nice gesture!

• 6th Feb 2015

The Wifi was down for a couple of days . Its back up and running fine .Your score seems low when compared to your written review .

Tacco is the best guy ever! Such an amazing host, he is so friendly and welcoming. He cooked a delicious meal for three of us and told us his story about how he ended up in Thailand and then invited us all to visit him back home in Nepal. What a nice guy. He really makes the place special. It doesn't hurt that I met some great people in my dorm as well. The rooms are nothing special, beds are good, and facilities are clean, but Tacco is what makes this place rise above the rest.

Excellent hostel. even in a 22 bed dorm it is very quiet and easy to get a good night sleep. lots of people meet up outside the entrance to drink before going out and is a great way to meet new people

Tacco is an excellent host and so very helpful. Everything you need is right next to Lazy House: street food, corner store, laundry, travel agency, shopping, etc. Don't expect 5-star accomodation anywhere in Haad Rin; this is probably as good as it's going to get in terms of cleanliness and facilities. Also, Lazy House is not the place with the common room featured in the pictures. However, you are welcome to hang out at the other properties and watch movies/eat/drink/play pool whenever

Thanks for the review, you sound like you enjoyed your stay and had a good time over fullmoon .So why such a low score . your review score does not seem to reflect the written review ??? The photo is of the Lazy house ,its the restaurant and as you have said guests are welcome to hang out there or in any of the other 5 businesses i own that are all within a 2 minute walk of the hostel,

You should make it clear that the pictures are of yer bars and not the hostel

I booked for the mandatory 5 nights originally as normal with most hostels in town when the full moon party is on. I actually stayed 2 more nights when everybody else had left following the full moon, partly because I had an accident and needed to continue treatment and also partly because of taco and his family and how helpful they were to me during my stay here. One night he very kindly invited me to join him for a curry which was delicious. Couldn't do enough for you and would stay here again

• 1st Feb 2015

Booked 4 nights for the full moon party and ended up staying an extra night because we loved it so much! Met amazing people in our mixed dorm, was in an excellent location situated right near the beach and the staff here is amazing!!! Highly recommended. Taco was very accommodating host!!! Went above and beyond his duties as a host! Always made sure we were very comfortable and made us feel very safe.We received free breakfast every morning and a free bucket the night of the full moon party!

• 1st Feb 2015

Prime location for the full moon party so atmosphere in the place is really good. Rooms cleaned everyday but lots of people staying so the bathrooms especially get dirty again quickly. Annoying that you have to get the breakfast and bucket included for the room at a restaurant down the road and a bar even further away. Be prepared, can be hard to get sleep as the common room blares music till quite late/early. Katie on staff really great and helpful. Owner a bit unprofessional.

Its a nice hostel, but beds are really bad. Almost impossible to sleep at. Staff is really nice and the place gives what it offers. Almost no furniture at the rooms.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Super clean, lovely rooms with a good number of showers and toilets. Staff were very friendly. Really close to the beach and the nightlife.

• 29th Jan 2015

Best hostel!!! Stayed here for 8 nights, made some amazing friends! The staff go out of their way to make you feel at home and are happy to help with anything! Definitely the best hostel we've stayed in so far in Thailand! Great location, near to the beach, shops and nightlife! Would recommend to anyone!!!

• 28th Jan 2015