Lazy House Reviews

91/13 moo 6, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Came here for full moon and had an excellent time. Superb location, great atmosphere and very clean. Above all must give full credit to the hostel manager Tacco who was simply excellent. He couldn't be more helpful and advised us all on how to be safe while on the island. A real nice guy.

Another great time at full moon! The manager Taco is a great dude! Always hooks you up and makes sure you have everything you need.

Taco is THE best! He really makes the effort to get to know everyone's name and always randomly checks up n you and asks how you're to make sure you are enjoying every minute of your stay. His English is very strong so he's very useful when it comes to giving advice when you have questions about anything. And you can really feel he does it in your best interest and genuinely wants to help :)

Excellent location and rooms, and Tacco is the most kind hearted person I've met. He is super helpful and lovely with it, so can help with any of your trip bookings, transport, and island navigation. A diamond in the rough :) Thank you Tacco!!!

• 29th Apr 2015

Dirty and worn furniture in the common facilities. Very few guests, which isn't the hotels fault I guess, but I think this place might be fun if you're there during high season or full moon, and you're looking to party and don't care much about cleanliness and security.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

The cloth sofas do have some fluro paint stains that we just cant get out , should i stop people from enjoying getting painted up for the parties?You managed to arrive a few days after the half moon party and before the blackmoon party in April , the lowest month of the year . do some reading BEFORE setting off in future,you will enjoy your travels much more ! We have many CCTV cameras in the building and have never had a security problem and as you did not either why the low score ?Harsh review

The dorm room was very basic and there was only 1 toilet/shower to share between the dorms and the common area. Everyone in the dorms had a safe each but there was no safe in the private room. Good location in walking distance of the beach, good atmosphere in the upstairs and downstairs common areas and nice staff.

Hi there are 5 showers for the dorm you were in , Im sorry i did not notice your seeing ey dog when you arrived .if we had known you were visually impaired I would of ordered a member of staff to walk you to each and everyone of the showers, you past 3 of them every time you left your room !!!!FACT . Why are you commenting on the private rooms ?? and they do have safes in each room FFS . How did you find the Airport ???? . Have a safe journey home ....

Maybe it's a good hostel, but i was there just 1 day after the full moon party. It was my own fault that i missed it, but almost everyone was gone in the hostel. So there wasn't that much atmosphere. The man at the reception tried to sell me bus/boat tickets multiple times.. even after i said i just want to check those things on my own. 4-persons dorm was ok. Breakfast was included.

Its a great hostel and yes turning up after the day after the fullmoon party was not the greatest idea ever was it so i think marking us down on things like atmosphere in the hostel is a very cheeky of you !!!! And every other hostel charges the same as us just without the breakfast so to score us so low on value for money is a bit of a joke LOL I thinkyou are the 1st person in about 2 years to complain about Taco ,EVERYONE ELSE thinks he is a legend .....No pleasing everyone is there .

I really enjoyed my stay at lazy house during the full moon party. It's a pretty basic hostel but has all you need, good shower, clean toilets, and good wifi. The staff there were brilliant. especially the guy that runs it. He couldn't have been more helpful. It's only a 5 minute walk to the full moon beach which is such a bonus. For full moon it ticked all the boxes.

Thanks Jon for the nice stay and information about everything

• 2nd Apr 2015

The couple who runs the hostel are incredibly nice and work extra hard to make sure everything is good and you have a great stay. Taco cooked a meal for us one night and was always willing to help out with anything we needed. There are lockers in the room to secure your belongings and it is very close to the Full Moon party, but far enough away that you could get some sleep as well. We had a great stay and would recommend.

Thanks for the amazing review , Yes Taco is a legend , thanks for the booking and we hope to see you again someday .

I very much enjoyed my 4 night stay at Lazy House and mostly because Taco and his wife really go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. I stayed during the full moon party so it was fully booked but one of them was always around to answer any questions I had. The outback bar and lazy house restaurant had great food and was a nice place to relax and watch a movie.

Walking distance to the full moon beach, clean beds and private lockers. Taco, the owner, is really friendly and helpful!

hostel itself was ok-very clean, but not enough powerpoints! and sadly no onsite communal area which was a real shame. but what really made it was Tacco...what a character! Genuinely nice chap, chilled with beers with him, he gave us free paints on full moon, and was ready to help out with any problems we had whenever he could! Never known anyone work so hard as him & his family! really made my stay awesome, thanks Tacco! I had reviews before, and kept hearing about Tacco..now I know why!

Hi and thanks for the great review . I just have to ask the question ? How on earth did you miss the onsite lounge , Its right opposite the 14 bed dorm at the bottom of the stairs , it does not matter what room you stayed in you have to pass the lounge on the way in and out of the Hostel ! Taco is a legend eh !!!

I stayed here for full moon. Great hostel! The manager Taco is a good dude and really went out of his way to make sure I was happy. Even offered to cook me a meal. I only wish the hostel had a better bar/lounge area, but other than that I definitely enjoyed my stay and will be coming back!

HI and thanks for the great review , we do own 3 bars aswell as the hostel ,all of which are within a 2 minute slow walk .

3 of us stayed here during full moon. The facilities and location were great, quick and easy check in. Best thing was the staff, taco did everything he could to make our stay perfect. Great knowledge, spoke great english and a really nice guy!

• 31st Mar 2015

Stayed here for 7 nights and the manager Taco was very welcoming. Easy to chat to and offered good advice about the island. I stayed in a 4 bed mix dorm Which was basic and the beds were comfortable. Very close to haad rin beach but quiet enough to get a good nights sleep.

• 29th Mar 2015

Great value for money. 10 minute walk from haad Rin beach. Great food and movies. Clean rooms and shower/toilet facilities.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Lazy House was a great hostel and the owner was very welcoming and accommodating. We did not go during the full moon party so it was very quiet. It is in an excellent location, short walking distance to the beach and to the port.

Taco and his wife worked exceptionally hard to keep the hostel clean

This is by far the best hostel I have stayed in. Tacco the Manager is an incredible man, he can't do enough for you. Anything you need he's there to assist, very friendly and even cooked a meal for me and my friend. The hostel itself is in a good location, 2 miutes from Haad Rin were the full moon party is. Rooms where well air conditioned and very clean, there was such a good atmosphere. There is a good bar / restaurant were we were given free buckets, free breakfast and dinner and it was free!