Lazy House Reviews

91/13 moo 6, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Tacco is the best guy ever! Such an amazing host, he is so friendly and welcoming. He cooked a delicious meal for three of us and told us his story about how he ended up in Thailand and then invited us all to visit him back home in Nepal. What a nice guy. He really makes the place special. It doesn't hurt that I met some great people in my dorm as well. The rooms are nothing special, beds are good, and facilities are clean, but Tacco is what makes this place rise above the rest.

Excellent hostel. even in a 22 bed dorm it is very quiet and easy to get a good night sleep. lots of people meet up outside the entrance to drink before going out and is a great way to meet new people

Tacco is an excellent host and so very helpful. Everything you need is right next to Lazy House: street food, corner store, laundry, travel agency, shopping, etc. Don't expect 5-star accomodation anywhere in Haad Rin; this is probably as good as it's going to get in terms of cleanliness and facilities. Also, Lazy House is not the place with the common room featured in the pictures. However, you are welcome to hang out at the other properties and watch movies/eat/drink/play pool whenever

Thanks for the review, you sound like you enjoyed your stay and had a good time over fullmoon .So why such a low score . your review score does not seem to reflect the written review ??? The photo is of the Lazy house ,its the restaurant and as you have said guests are welcome to hang out there or in any of the other 5 businesses i own that are all within a 2 minute walk of the hostel,

You should make it clear that the pictures are of yer bars and not the hostel

I booked for the mandatory 5 nights originally as normal with most hostels in town when the full moon party is on. I actually stayed 2 more nights when everybody else had left following the full moon, partly because I had an accident and needed to continue treatment and also partly because of taco and his family and how helpful they were to me during my stay here. One night he very kindly invited me to join him for a curry which was delicious. Couldn't do enough for you and would stay here again

• 1st Feb 2015

Booked 4 nights for the full moon party and ended up staying an extra night because we loved it so much! Met amazing people in our mixed dorm, was in an excellent location situated right near the beach and the staff here is amazing!!! Highly recommended. Taco was very accommodating host!!! Went above and beyond his duties as a host! Always made sure we were very comfortable and made us feel very safe.We received free breakfast every morning and a free bucket the night of the full moon party!

• 1st Feb 2015

Prime location for the full moon party so atmosphere in the place is really good. Rooms cleaned everyday but lots of people staying so the bathrooms especially get dirty again quickly. Annoying that you have to get the breakfast and bucket included for the room at a restaurant down the road and a bar even further away. Be prepared, can be hard to get sleep as the common room blares music till quite late/early. Katie on staff really great and helpful. Owner a bit unprofessional.

Its a nice hostel, but beds are really bad. Almost impossible to sleep at. Staff is really nice and the place gives what it offers. Almost no furniture at the rooms.

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Super clean, lovely rooms with a good number of showers and toilets. Staff were very friendly. Really close to the beach and the nightlife.

• 29th Jan 2015

Best hostel!!! Stayed here for 8 nights, made some amazing friends! The staff go out of their way to make you feel at home and are happy to help with anything! Definitely the best hostel we've stayed in so far in Thailand! Great location, near to the beach, shops and nightlife! Would recommend to anyone!!!

• 28th Jan 2015

I had so much fun at lazy house and made so many friends! This was probably the first time in Asia when I felt that the staff wanted me to have a good time and wasn't just after my money. Tacco, who runs the place is probably the best hostel manager I've ever met!!

Run by great people, I stayed out of "full moon" and although Haad Rin was v quiet it still felt good, super relaxed feel and soooooo helpful!! An almost deserted beach in the day too....worth at least a few nights whilst on Phangan!!

Just Awesome! Great staff, friendly, helpful. Free coffee/tea/water. Hot Showers, large clean air con rooms, Cable TV (In English), 5 mins from full moon beach. Would 100% stay here again

We loved Lazy House and Taco!! It is clean with warm showers, good location and the friendliest hostel we stayed during our month long trip. Everyone talks and hangs out, you get free breakfast and buckets, and it's so close to the beach/Full Moon Party. The hostel manager Taco is so amazing. He is so welcoming, remembers everyone, gives you all the inside tips and makes sure you feel safe. It was kind of expensive during the full moon, but totally worth it and much better than other hostels.

TACO is amazing. Stayed over the New Years period. Not so great value for money but what can you expect for that time of the year. We had free buckets each night and the breakfast was great each day. Great atmosphere, met some amazing people in the hostel and had a great NYE. clean hostel. Taco was always friendly and asked how we were all the time. I would stay here again definitely and 100% recommend this hostel.

Had an amazing time there, great atmosphere in a great location

• 29th Dec 2014

First week ever of staying in a hostel for full moon week and Taco the manager was amazing! He made us feel welcome and safe and always gave us advice and made sure everything was always ok! Rate this hostel highly if you plan on going out every night in koh phangan and meeting people. Taco made the holiday for us, he needs a pay rise!!!!

What a top notch place to stay! The host, Taco, is very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, he will do as much as he can to ensure you have what you need and have a great time.

• 27th Dec 2014

There wasn't much going on but I did stay between full moon parties.

Private dorms were really nice! Staff was friendly and the doors were locked on the outside. Not the best location in comparison to Some of the bungalows, but 2 minute walk from either beach can't be beat for the cost