Lazy House Reviews

91/13 moo 6, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Great location, friendly and helpful staff, good food and nice clean rooms. Very easy to meet people! Loved Lazy House

• 30th May 2015

Staff really friendly and helpful, private rooms were all newly but and designed cool, but a few basics gone stray: mattress was terrible tho - could feel every spring. Mosquitoes screen should be put Over the air vents in the bathroom as they get in there. Didn't take from our stay tho, it was a great hos

• 30th May 2015

There are mossie nets over the windows , they are on the outside so you might not have noticed them !!!

Ne Ne was absolutely brilliant! He made our stay so much more enjoyable and helped us whenever we had an issue. The owner could do with chilling out in front of customers! doesnt create a great vibe when he is threatening his staff/son in front of guests! (he was nice most of the time!!)

• 30th May 2015

Nyi Nyi has been sacked for his constant lateness , He is supposed to start work in the morning ,not when ever he could drag his arse out of bed! His mother has kicked him out of the family house because of his night time activities! , I have looked after that boy like a son for 5 years but will not bang my head against the wall any more , Loved by the guests detested by the other staff and sadly me , He only has himself to blame !

Best hostel on the island! Tacco and his wife did everything to make us feel like a big family! Thank you so much and I hope to keep in touch! Great 6 days at full moon! ( plus very sociable atmosphere, clean with great ac and great location! Thank you again! Anna and Phoebe

Really well located! I got moved to shenanigans their sister hostel. Staff were friendly and a lot of fun! Rooms were spacious and clean. Need more plug sockets in the room!

You sound very happy so why the low score ?

The hostel was amazing. Great location, very polite, helpful nice staff; espicially Thakur! Thanks man for everything. Everything was perfect! If I go there again, I would definitely stay in lazy house again!

Stayed here for full moon. The place we stayed was not the place booked. They walked us down the road to Shenanigans Hostel. The place was alright, but the Internet was very bad during the day/night and the washrooms were dirty. We stayed 3 nights and the light in one washroom was not fixed the whole time. Obviously maintenance was not night priority.

We own both hostels , We dont charge for internet or wifi , when there are 120 guests it can get a bit slow .normal in a developing country . The washroom are cleaned down every hour during busy times , we dont clean down after every guest , we do expect guests to leave the bathrooms in the condition they found them in but unfortunatly there are some real lazy slobs travelling nowadays ! The light switch in the bathroom is a waterproof l unit not available on this tiny island ,its on order

John and Steve were awesome. Always available and ready with answers about anything. The atmosphere was captivating especially around the full moon party. They are in the works of adding more amenities so definitely check it out!

This Place is great, I would definitely stay again. I had my phone stolen and he was doing everything to help. The bathrooms are clean, you get plenty of hot water. Daily the owner would give out drink a food coupons which was helpful. You are close to beach, but far enough way you can actually sleep.

• 30th Apr 2015

Came here for full moon and had an excellent time. Superb location, great atmosphere and very clean. Above all must give full credit to the hostel manager Tacco who was simply excellent. He couldn't be more helpful and advised us all on how to be safe while on the island. A real nice guy.

Another great time at full moon! The manager Taco is a great dude! Always hooks you up and makes sure you have everything you need.

Taco is THE best! He really makes the effort to get to know everyone's name and always randomly checks up n you and asks how you're to make sure you are enjoying every minute of your stay. His English is very strong so he's very useful when it comes to giving advice when you have questions about anything. And you can really feel he does it in your best interest and genuinely wants to help :)

Excellent location and rooms, and Tacco is the most kind hearted person I've met. He is super helpful and lovely with it, so can help with any of your trip bookings, transport, and island navigation. A diamond in the rough :) Thank you Tacco!!!

• 29th Apr 2015

Dirty and worn furniture in the common facilities. Very few guests, which isn't the hotels fault I guess, but I think this place might be fun if you're there during high season or full moon, and you're looking to party and don't care much about cleanliness and security.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

The cloth sofas do have some fluro paint stains that we just cant get out , should i stop people from enjoying getting painted up for the parties?You managed to arrive a few days after the half moon party and before the blackmoon party in April , the lowest month of the year . do some reading BEFORE setting off in future,you will enjoy your travels much more ! We have many CCTV cameras in the building and have never had a security problem and as you did not either why the low score ?Harsh review

The dorm room was very basic and there was only 1 toilet/shower to share between the dorms and the common area. Everyone in the dorms had a safe each but there was no safe in the private room. Good location in walking distance of the beach, good atmosphere in the upstairs and downstairs common areas and nice staff.

Hi there are 5 showers for the dorm you were in , Im sorry i did not notice your seeing ey dog when you arrived .if we had known you were visually impaired I would of ordered a member of staff to walk you to each and everyone of the showers, you past 3 of them every time you left your room !!!!FACT . Why are you commenting on the private rooms ?? and they do have safes in each room FFS . How did you find the Airport ???? . Have a safe journey home ....

Maybe it's a good hostel, but i was there just 1 day after the full moon party. It was my own fault that i missed it, but almost everyone was gone in the hostel. So there wasn't that much atmosphere. The man at the reception tried to sell me bus/boat tickets multiple times.. even after i said i just want to check those things on my own. 4-persons dorm was ok. Breakfast was included.

Its a great hostel and yes turning up after the day after the fullmoon party was not the greatest idea ever was it so i think marking us down on things like atmosphere in the hostel is a very cheeky of you !!!! And every other hostel charges the same as us just without the breakfast so to score us so low on value for money is a bit of a joke LOL I thinkyou are the 1st person in about 2 years to complain about Taco ,EVERYONE ELSE thinks he is a legend .....No pleasing everyone is there .

I really enjoyed my stay at lazy house during the full moon party. It's a pretty basic hostel but has all you need, good shower, clean toilets, and good wifi. The staff there were brilliant. especially the guy that runs it. He couldn't have been more helpful. It's only a 5 minute walk to the full moon beach which is such a bonus. For full moon it ticked all the boxes.

Thanks Jon for the nice stay and information about everything

• 2nd Apr 2015

The couple who runs the hostel are incredibly nice and work extra hard to make sure everything is good and you have a great stay. Taco cooked a meal for us one night and was always willing to help out with anything we needed. There are lockers in the room to secure your belongings and it is very close to the Full Moon party, but far enough away that you could get some sleep as well. We had a great stay and would recommend.

Thanks for the amazing review , Yes Taco is a legend , thanks for the booking and we hope to see you again someday .

I very much enjoyed my 4 night stay at Lazy House and mostly because Taco and his wife really go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. I stayed during the full moon party so it was fully booked but one of them was always around to answer any questions I had. The outback bar and lazy house restaurant had great food and was a nice place to relax and watch a movie.