Le Cirque Hostel Reviews

139 rue des Postes, Lille, France

This place is not due to be a hostel; it is small, only one room, no kichen, no smoking area, gloomy, very cold. The staff was good, but what can they do?

Les hivers peuvent être froids à Lille, mais vous auriez très bien pu utiliser les couvertures préparés sur le lit que nous vous avions d'ailleurs spécialement réservé comme demandé plusieurs fois par téléphone. Et encore une fois, non, on ne fume pas dans un hostel!

Small, friendly hostel. Helpful staff with good English and relaxed attitude. Bunk beds are cosy and private with curtains and a personal powerpoint and lamp. Rope ladders a little precarious but fun!

• 9th Dec 2014

There were bedbugs and I got covered in bites. They make you pay a €20 deposit per door key and per padlock. Zero security.

• 8th Dec 2014
  • Wales

My girlfriend and I stayed one night and wished we could have stayed longer. Really nice staff and a great location.

• 4th Dec 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at "Le Cirque Hostel", the staff is really welcoming and helplful, the place is well decorated, the organic food tastes great. Only not so good thing, as some people already noticed, is that ladders are not really safe and not confortable at all, especially if you climb without shoes. Anyway nice dorm and cosy place, I recommend it if you want to visit Lille.

• 29th Nov 2014

Cosy hostel with kind staff. Close to nightlife but the neighbourhood is filled with un pleasant people at night. Funny beds with quite some dust. Had a nice stay at cirque!

• 15th Nov 2014

Great Hostel... I love the set up of the room! It's so smart and cute.

• 11th Nov 2014

An ok stay ruined by the staffs inability to check us out before 08:00, we had a flight at 08:00 in charloi so left at 06:00, staff got up took their keys back but claimed they didn't know the password to return our deposit, a very disappointing end to our stay and €60 lighter. With this I'm mind we would have stayed closer in town with the extra money we ended up loosing.

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Very nice hostel easy to find lots of Nice local bars close by and a supermarket accross the street

I enjoyed my stay very much, the staff were very friendly and helpful, It was close to the town centre and other points of interest. The only down side was the lack of facilities, no laundry (one was round the corner however) and no where to cook food except A microwave, though the restaurant was excellent!

The kitchen consists of a microwave and a fridge. At the price, I expect more - or at the least, a more detailed description of what is and isn't available so I know what to expect.

Staff was great. short walk from the metro. Reliable wifi.

Le Cirque is a funky hostel with one treehouse-like dorm room. There were large lockers and curtains provided plenty of privacy in the bunks. The owners were friendly and made an effort to make you feel welcome. The food in the Cafe was great, and came with a free drink for hostel guests. The owners were firm about security (they threw out some drunk patrons who wondered through the cafe into the hostel section one night).

Nice stay. Good bar inside!

Great time here, safe colourful and cheap!

I really liked that each bunk was like a very small room

Very nice hostel with a cool atmosphere, and the owner is super nice! It was nice to have a plug and light on each bunk and a blackout curtain to block the light.

Clean comfortable nice staffs

The situation is good and the hostel is clean. Apart from that, it has no common space, the only room with 15 beds has no natural ventilation and it gets really hot at night. The staff is not that helpful, they are quite busy with the restaurant. For similar price I've been in better places.

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Spain

Hello David, Yes, we have a common area! We have a cave where you can stay, relax or eat! But if you prefer, you can stay too in the cafe restaurant! It's open to everybody! For the price, we are the cheapest hostel in France! May be next time!? See you! Mathieu

Bathrooms were good and very practical for sharing with lots of people, and the lofts in the bedroom were really cool (very high up!). Only things I didn't like was that the ladders hurt your bare feet, so wear shoes, and the bath mats coming out of the shower hold water and are pretty yucky. The price is fairly expensive for what you get, but I think that's just france hostels for you.

Hello, Thanks for you comments! we just change our bath mats for a better system! and we project to change our ladder for an 100% wood one, homemade like all the hostel! see you in few month to see that! Mathieu