Le Gîte du Parc Lafontaine

Fabulous 101 Total Reviews
Fabulous 101 Total Reviews

• Canada, Female, 18-24
4th Aug 2017

Super friendly and homely staff. Finding reasons for another weekend getaway just to come back! Thanks for an amazing stay.

• Germany, Female, 31-40
3rd Aug 2017

Very nice hostel. A bit confusing to have two hostels with the same name on the same street. I went to the wrong one first. Good breakfast

• England, Female, 25-30
31st Jul 2017
8.0

Good location, right next to La Fontaine park which was ideal for a walk/cycle. Not far from bars/sights. Shower was quite small but not a huge issue. Breakfast of toast/pancakes/yoghurt and drinks each day. Staff were helpful and the room was cleaned each day. Towels not provided but this is to be expected for a hostel. Lots of stairs in case this is a concern to anyone. Free street parking- had to be moved 12.30/1.30 on Wednesdays. Would stay again.

28th Jul 2017

I mainly chose this location for the beautiful backyard and terrace. There is a $5 security deposit for your room key so make sure you have Canadian currency! I had a great stay! Place was clean. I shared a room with 3 other ladies and the room can get stuffy if you don't turn on the fan. Breakfast is a cute affair: pancakes, toast, yogurt, juice, tea and coffee. Super close to the park and a Bixi bike station right outside.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
28th Jul 2017

Really clean, very safe, in an awesome location for sightseeing and going out. The bathrooms were slightly small and cramped but that was to be expected at any hostel. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
20th Jul 2017

Very good location, clean and safe. The sitting room is very cozy, my room was big enough and the bed is comfy. I would definitely go back, but when I learn French as I felt left out listening everyone talking in French and I was probably the only person who couldn't.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
8th Jul 2017

This is a very charming and comfortable guest house with a fantastic pancake breakfast, all set in a beautiful, historic old Montreal house with very friendly, attentive, and helpful staff. My girlfriend and I stayed in a private room and we feel like we got the true Montreal experience here. The bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner (with at least a bit of soap in the dispensers), but otherwise we loved it. It is also centrally located (but very quiet) with a Bixi bike station at the corner!

3rd Jul 2017

This hostel is located in an ideal location for someone traveling with a car. I don't normally travel with my car, but I was on a trans-Canadian road trip. You can park your car across the street in a safe location. Never once did I feel unsafe when walking from the metro to the hostel at night. I was able to do my laundry for cheap. The breakfast was sufficient - I love it when someone else makes my pancakes! I definitely recommend you consider this hostel as an option especially for parking.

• Canada, All Female Group, 25-30
3rd Jul 2017

Had a lovely and cosy stay. The staff were very hospitable, nice and easily available. Great location across the park. Especially great location if you are coming and going by bus as the bus terminal is a short walk away. Would stay here again for sure!

• Unholywolf19
  • Denmark, Male, 18-24
8.0

Just a really nice place to use as a base during my stay on Montreal.