Le Montclair Montmartre Hostel & Budget Hotel Reviews

62, Rue Ramey, Paris, France

We booked a private twin ensuite room because we only could see expensive hostels with bad reviews. In our case it was expensive but at least we had an overall good experience, bed and bathroom were clean. Staff very friendly and helpful. Noise is a problem, be prepared to use earplugs, walls are thin and people walk like they are in the army.

Rooms were great, breakfast was really nice, only complaint is that the showers/bathroom situation isn't always the best due to how many people share the same facilities.

Hello, Thanks to help us to improve our services, we clean the common showers 3 times a day and most of our dorm are ensuite. See you a next time for a better stay

Great hostel, totally recommended. Close to the metro, great kitchen, breakfast and rooms.

Clean and nice hostel, the en-suite bathroom cleaned daily and bed will be tidied up properly before the next guest use it. I particularly like the lady who serves breakfast at the morning, she is a nice and polite person!

Staff are rude and unhelpful at best. Only real positive was the late checkout time.

Dear Guest, Thanks for your time, i'm sorry about your feeling regarding the staff, ans also surprised because i was at the desk the day of our check out and nothing special happened, so please tell me more, regards

The room is very small but they have wifi in the room and a good place to meet people, talk and drink!

The hostel is very good and it have a good value for money inside Paris, but the shower is not very good. It is not a regular shower, but like a public restroom tap where you must press a button and receive a limited amount of water. Then repeat. The shower in my private bathroom did not have real hot water, just not cold.

This is my favorite hostel in Paris. What great service! You can drop your bags off before check-in time, and they are very accommodating. I loved the full kitchen as well. Definitely somewhere you need to stay in Paris! It's not the most central hostel, but it's in a great neighborhood and near the metro.

Nice staff, kitchen and common area is big. To get to the most attractions you have to take the metro but it's close. Typical parisian builing means small rooms, small staircase, no elevator. Breakfast is totally alright (as France is not a big breakfast nation) In the room was nothing to hang the closes and just one socket for 3. I would come back.

Bonjour, Thanks to let us know your feeling about the Montclair, we are looking for a solution to add some plugs in the dorm, What can be add at the breakfast ? Waiting to welcome you with pleasure a next time and Happy New Year

The receptionist was really friendly and helpful. We had a room with a faulty heater and when this issue was brought up to the receptionist, she did not hesitate to help us and gave us another room. The rooms are clean and cosy. A good place to stay

Hello, thanks for your time, we're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, Waiting to welcome you a next time in Paris,

I loved staying here - I stayed in a 4-bed mixed dorm with its own bathroom. The shower was nice, the room was average, the staff was helpful, and great location. The one recommendation I would make is to be a bit more careful on security - I was never carded or asked to show my wristband upon entering the hostel, and while it seemed like the staff pretty much knew everyone that was staying there, it might be a solid improvement. Otherwise, I would recommend the hostel to anyone visiting Paris!

• 30th Dec 2014
  • MichellePaynePerforming1644

It was a in a great location, easily located to the metro systems and really close to the Montmarte centre. The Kitchen was really nice to cook and make friends and the rooms were clean and pleasant.

• 28th Dec 2014

The staff made the stay for my group and I. Everyone working there was absolutely wonderful! And the location is right next to a metro station, making moving around the city a breeze with the wonderfully easy Paris metro system. The only downside was how cold it was in the hostel. We were there in the dead of winter, and the heating wasn't quite up to that challenge. But I wouldn't expect any problems any other time of year. I would definitely book here again!

• 28th Dec 2014

Extra electric outlet would be nice. But overall impression is excellent

Hi there, Thanks for this suggestion, we will try to add in the dorm. Waiting to welcome you a next time, Happy Nex Year !

Very good!

I liked my being in Montclair hostel, the only things i missed were 1) access to WARM shower, i think it would be better to have more of them, make them bigger and to change equipment (I don't want to press a button every time I need a small portion of water); 2) some small boxes or bedside tables. If I have a luggage for one-week-staing, I need a place to put it - not ON my bed place, really. The rest was more or less OK. Thank you very much!

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Ukraine

Pros- very close to metro, pretty nice area, free breakfast. Cons- bed was fairly bad, no elevator and the shower didn't stay on properly.

• 18th Dec 2014

Hi, I stayed 3 nights at the hostel in a 2-bed room, it was big enough, was clean, had table and 2 chairs and a washbasin, what was ok. Nevertheless, everything looks pretty old and shaby, the doors make lots of noise and you can hear everything from the other rooms. It was really loud all night, people shouting, coming up and down the stairs (there is no elevator) and we almost couldn't sleep. The breakfast is cool, but a little bit too late for those who wish to leave early in the morning.

Hi there, sorry for the noise at night, the team at the desk has to control the guests at night, the breakfast start at 7h30 in the morning, is this too late to start the day ? We finish the renovations, come back to let us proove you that you can do better... Regards

A girl had her bag stolen while I was there, over all it was ok.

Very nice breakfast, good staff, the wifi was working and it is very close to the subway station. We didn't have any problem, despite the fact that the hot water was not working properly on our private bathroom, but we used the shared shower at the shared bathroom and it was perfect. We recomend this hostel for sure!

Hello, Thanks for this review, we'll check the hot water to be sure. Waiting to welcome you back with pleasure Regards

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5