Le Montclair Montmartre Hostel & Budget Hotel Reviews

62, Rue Ramey, Paris, France

Breakfast included was good. But generally...simply will not go back.

• 19th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Pretty decent! I loved the wine and cheese offered one night, plus the manager is really awesome! Breakfast is fine. And for solo travellers : not having WiFi in the rooms is actually great, because it made me go to the common room and meet other people! Eh

Pretty good Hostel overall. Great location, less than one minute walking from the Subway station (connected to the Line 1, the most important one). The building was quite old, it wasn't dirty but it didn't look extremely clean neither. Staff is kind and helpful, breakfast is AMAZING (only for this reason I'd stay there again). It isn't cheap, but any hostel in Paris is cheap. Good atmosphere, maybe too much people in the lobby at dinner and breakfast.

The entire wifi system was down while were were there and we didn't have international phone plans so we had to rely on wifi. Normally, it wouldn't have been a problem just using the wifi in the common room but it was so spotty and poor it was a joke. Not only that, but the staff didn't seem to care that the wifi needed fixing and weren't trying to help bring it back online as fast as possible. My bed was missing a ladder and the bathrooms were small, cramped, and dirty.

Perfect place to stay for good value. I had no inconvenient, rooms were very clean, good service. Nice ehostel

The shower was horrible. One way or he other it made water get into the room. They don't have an elevator so u have to carry your suitcases up a spiral staircase and they don't even offer to help. Even when asked they declined. The atmosphere is snobby and No wi fi in the rooms. I wouldn't recommend it. At all.

The girl with glasses who was working when I arrived was incredibly dismissive and not helpful at all. There was another guy serving breakfast who was pretty nice though. The hostel itself is very clean but not a terribly social environment. I was lucky enough to make friends with my room mates (I'm a solo traveller so that was great) It's pretty close to the Metro which was nice. If I come back to Paris I'd probably find another hostel though.

• 24th Sep 2014

Rooms were typically small as you expect in paris. The lockers would not take a normal padlock instead you needed an extra long one which was rather annoying. Not enough sockets spread out in the rooms

Bonjour, We hear that there was not enough plug and are trying to find a solution to add it. For the lockers, the normal padlock should work, we'll check. Hope to see you again Romuald

Great location, very courful, helpful staff, nice looking, FREE BREAKFAST, and toilet and showers in your dorm room. Drawbacks were it was pretty noisy, was a bit crowded at times and lacked a big couch to sprawl on

Thanks for the comment! Hope to welcome you another time. Regards

Great en-suite room. Very friendly and helpful staff. Small house so limited common areas but it was well designed despite this.

• 14th Sep 2014

No lockers in our room which was a four person room and lonely two of us..... But no one stole anything which was nice. Great breakfast

Didn't like the bathroom because the "shower" is like just the hole on the wall and the water flow is violent. Also there was not a plug for every bed in room and the wifi wouldn't reach the room.

We booked an extra night as it was excellent value for money in a great location. The staff we excellent, we had problems with our computer and they helped us with that. The bike rental was excellent, I wish more hotels have that service.the location also was central to quaint villages, the town and of course Mont St. Michel. As an added bonus the local village sheep are rounded up each evening and good views of that can be seen from the restaurant. I highly recommend it.

Overall is good but to connect with wifi, we have to stay at lobby and we need to climb over 4 floors staircase to reach our room. Unfortunately, one of our member is injured on leg.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

We hope you had a great time with us! Now the wi fi will be working in the rooms

location is good, very near to subway, so you can get easily to every spot in the city. Montmartre and Sacre Coeur in walking distance. Staff was all friendly, the rooms where clean. Shower is pretty small, but absolutely alright and cleanliness in the bathrooms was "hostel standard". Breakfast was very good. Hostel isn´t too big, so easy to socialize. only little minus: wi-fi didm´t always work, but that wasn´t very bad for me. All in all i really enjoyed my stay there.

Thank you for your comment! we hope yoy enjoyed your stay. We'll love to have you back soon !

Colourful hostel with friendly staff.. the area is interesting and easy to get to if arriving in Paris at Gare du Nord. I only had a couple of minor issues that visitors should look out for... the WiFi worked only in the lobby and was patchy at best, but decent enough to do the basics. The shower in my 4 bed dorm was like a water cannon. A good portion of the rooms overlook a noisy school playground.. And there are 6 floors, so if you're unlucky enough to get the top floor, prepare for a climb

• 9th Sep 2014

Thank your for leaving a comment. We are glad you had a great time! We also have ear plus for free and we try our best to keep it as quiet as possible at night.

When I first arrived, I saw the sidewalk in front of the hostel was damaged(dunno whether it was repaired now.), so I was afraid the inside would be the same. On the contrary, it was cozy and colorful. The building was small and old-aged, but they decorated it well. The neighborhood was convenient. Good for budget travelers.

Thank you so much for such a nice comment. We hope to see you back soon :)

I liked it, although I would have liked to have lockers in the bedrooms. However it is a nice hostel.

We have installed lockers in some rooms otherwise you have them at the repcetion for free. Best regards

Nicely located near restaurants, pubs and cafésin the lively, vibrant and multiethnic 18e arrondissement of Paris. One of the best deals when hostelling in Paris.

Thank you so much! Effectively this is one of the most beautiful areas in Paris. Come back soon

I've never been in France before so when I first met the staff was quite a shock. Later on I realized that French people are very direct in the way the speak with you. I wouldn't say they are rude because I don't speak any french at all. I would they there's no BS e no time for silly questions. Later on I actually find the staff a bit nice. The hostel was very noisy at night. There were people in the garden at 3 am and they were talking and laughing out loud. The breakfast was nice.

We appreciate your comment. Sometimes the staff can take more time to answer all your questios but some other times there's a lot of people also that want to answer many questions. We now have free ear plus and we try our best to keep it quiet at night.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7