Le Montclair Montmartre Hostel & Budget Hotel Reviews

62, Rue Ramey, Paris, France

Great location, cheap rooms, efficient service. We witnessed a very difficult customer throwing a tantrum and were impressed with how well the staff handled it.

Nice hostel, but sometimes noisy young people (Americans?), who are something, you donť want to listen to at 1 AM. Good place situated in Montmartre near beautiful Sacre Coeur, cleaning every day, helpful staff... good breakfast, but silly restrictions (only one croissant! only one tea!)... but anyway, we were content.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Czech Republic

The hostel has a great atmosphere, easy to meet people, is very close to the metro and a range of cafes and bars in the Montmartre district, and helpful reception staff. I thought it was a little bit pricey for a hostel, but then this is Paris.

I didn't expect that much from this hostel but I'm honestly surprised. Great rooms, kitchen, the breakfast was fantastic, people are helpful. I had a great time in Paris and at this hostel.

The staff were extremely rude and acted as if it was a hassle for them to check us in and out. The entire floor I was on smelled like an open sewer line. I will never set food in that place again.

Dear Guest, I'm really sorry about your feeling about our Hostel, As Manager, i'm sure that our staff take care of every people staying here. I was at the desk yesterday during the check out time and you did'nt tell anything, any complain... We clean the rooms everyday as the common Area, we hope to welcome you a next time to proove you that we can do better, Romuald Manager

Compare to other hostels, it was a little more expensive for what we received. Staff were great but the facilities and rooms were not up to a great standard.

Hi there,Thanks for this review, it help us to improve our services. Our staff is there to provide yo a wonderful stay. Concerning the rooms, we are working on it, we are installing the AC, we change all the blankets, we are waiting for new curtains, ... it's on the way ! We hope to welcome you a next time, Romuald Manager

Loved it! Very nice staff, always happy to help! The breakfast is pretty good for a hostel and I recognize it makes a lot of difference so it's something that I value a lot. I stayed in a very nice room, everything was great. The hostel is in montmartre area and you have lots of places around that you can go to for a short walk, also it's close to a few subway stations so you can easily get anywhere else.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

Bonjour, Thank you for this comment, it's really a pleasure for us to provide you an unforgetable stay in Paris, waiting to welcome you a next time, Romuald Manager

A well equipped hostel, we struggled to find the showers maybe point them out on check in.

Nice location, beautiful neighborhood, close to two metro lines. Quite clean and safe.The staff was kind but not very friendly. Breakfast was poor (just one croissant per person, really?) Generally, a decent place to stay.

Hi there, thanks for this review, we like to have your feeling about our hostel, concerning the breakfast, you also have bred and as it's free, we try to keep enough for everyone, regards, Romuald Manager

Great value for money here! Nice breakfast with fresh croissants and jams - the coffee was amazing too (very important aspect) ;) Nice location with markets nearby and cute little bakery's and cafes right around the corner. Really close to Jules Joffrin metro station so we felt safe walking around at night to the hostel. Friendly staff who were always willing to help and everyone in the hostel was social :) would definitely choose to stay in this hostel again if I ever go back to Paris :)

The people at the front desk were very friendly and spoke excellent English. I think the shower system should be changed because everyone disliked having to push the button for water to come out for 5 seconds as it is very inconvenient. The rooms are very small, but I did not mind because I only need a bed to sleep in at night. It is not the hostel's fault, but many of the travelers did not clean up after themselves in the kitchen and this made it difficult for others to cook in it.

Good place to stay. I especially liked the entire feel of the place, its very casual and friendly.

Bonjour, Thanks for this comment, our aim is to provide you a wonderful stay in Paris, we 're waiting to welcome you a next time, Romuald Manager

AC was broken so had to keep windows open, could hear people in common area all night, children at school/daycare next door in the morning. Not very lively but located in cool neighborhood near metro and cheap

Thanks for this comment, we're happy to know that you've enjoyed your stay with us, we will leave a note for the night guy to be more efficient with the noise at night. Concerning the AC, it's not broken as it's not in fonction at the moment, it will start in July. Waiting to welcome you a next time, Romuald Manager

It's really close to the Montmartre bars and restaurants It doesn't have elevator, so it's not suitable for old people The staff was helpful and friendly

Bonjour, Thanks for this review, it help us to improve our services. It's difficult in a old building to install a lift but we are working on a solution. We hope to welcome you again for a better stay, Romuald Manager

great hostel. Made a ton of friends will be back! Room was clean, shower and toilet were separated with the option of using the down stairs showers. Heineken during happy hour are 2 for 2€!

I had a wonderful at Le Montclair. Everyone was super nice and knowledgable about the area. Would stay here again. Thanks!

Hi there, thanks for your comment, we're happy that you've enjoyed your stay with us, waiting to welcome you a next time, Regards, Romuald, Manager

I spent my first ever trip on my own in Paris, I had a fantastic time there. I liked the hostel pretty much. I enjoyed speaking with the staff, I enjoyed sitting in the lounge. Breakfast was simple but it was nice. It was a great experience. Location was great very close to famous Sacré-Cœur, I went there just by walking. Many nice cafe and restaurants there with a wide range of choices. Very close to metro line.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • China

It's an acceptable hostel in a good location. The showers were way too small but they were available most of the time so that's a plus. No locker boxes in the rooms; you'll have to pay for them which are located in the hall. No power outlets at the beds, so bringing a battery pack is desirable if you don't want to leave your phone at the door where the outlet is. Also, there's a lack of ventilation in the rooms. The residents seemed cool. All in all, if you're on a tight budget give it a shot.

Hi there, Thanks for your comment, we have some lockers in 90% of the rooms and the rest are for free at the desk, we hope to welcome you a next time for a better stay, Romuald Manager

Great place to stay for a few days, easy to get into the city via metro. Room had a bathroom/shower attached which was handy and beds comfortable. More power plugs in the rooms would be good, only 2 for 8 people so they were always in use. Breakfast was a bit disappointing, only 1 croissant per person or bread rolls and juice/coffee. Staff weren't always at reception and seemed distracted/unpleasant when checking in.

Bonjour, thanks to let us know what you think about the Montclair, we are working to add plugs in the dorms, we do our best to help you to have a wonderful stay in Paris, we hope to welcome you a next time for a better stay, Romuald Manager

Great location and friendly staff but lockers were not available within the dorm room and those that were available at the reception were all taken. Had no choice but to leave my valuables in the room. My dorm room door was also faulty. They checked in some guests in the middle of the night who thought that jerking on the doors 8 times would somehow open them before they asked reception for help. Decent place for the prices expected of Paris but still, they could do better.