Le Montclair Montmartre Hostel & Budget Hotel Reviews

62, Rue Ramey, Paris, France

I haven't noticed anything special, but the overall experience was cool. My friends were in different rooms and all three of them had their own bathroom and shower (which was, admitedly "push to start and keep pushing almost constantly", but otherwise fine.) The street outside is pretty quiet, even though there are lively street close around. You can buy some snacks and soft drinks and wine at the reception, which is handy. There are lockers for 50 cents, TV and computers. All the nice things :D

Great location, amazing and helpful staff...

Awesome hostel, very close to the Metro so can be in the centre of Paris in 15mins, excellent value for money and near plenty of supermarkets, bakeries and restaurants. Only negative is that the kitchen doesn't have an oven, so you're limited to microwave meals. Nevertheless, excellent hostel that is superb value for money :)

• 27th Oct 2014

good location close to the metro and train station. Clean facilities and decent wifi even in the rooms. Yummy free breakfast and the staff are polite, friendly and helpful. Not amazing atmosphere but not bad. Overall good place I would stay there again.

Nice place to stay in central Paris

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

This hostel had everything I needed - close to metro, free wifi, lockers, breakfast was good. I was upgraded to a better room because some people wanted to be with friends, I thought the staff were nice. Not a party hostel, but it has a reasonable price for the facilities it offers. The area can be a bit dodgy late at night though, but that's Montmartre.

Very friendly staff in a location close to metro access. Would have been nice to have had lockers in the rooms, they were available in the common area but were very limited and filled up quickly! However, for one of the cheapest hostels in Paris, I was very satisfied with the facilities.

• 24th Oct 2014

Breakfast included was good. But generally...simply will not go back.

Pretty decent! I loved the wine and cheese offered one night, plus the manager is really awesome! Breakfast is fine. And for solo travellers : not having WiFi in the rooms is actually great, because it made me go to the common room and meet other people! Eh

0%redflag..redtag. I walked into a rank-smelling smok filled room, there is little concern over smoking in doors. And the toilet room is good for peeing, poor ladies who visit this hostel. And shortly said: loose screws in rocking beds, no luggage security(doors open for the taking), and I thought they mentioned bike parking...nonexistent. On top this, I woke at 2:30am, which is not uncommon at hostels, but I was unwillingly entertained by pissed drunks snorting cocaine and smoking...

Pretty good Hostel overall. Great location, less than one minute walking from the Subway station (connected to the Line 1, the most important one). The building was quite old, it wasn't dirty but it didn't look extremely clean neither. Staff is kind and helpful, breakfast is AMAZING (only for this reason I'd stay there again). It isn't cheap, but any hostel in Paris is cheap. Good atmosphere, maybe too much people in the lobby at dinner and breakfast.

This is a decent hostel in a decent location. Not the cheapest, but the rooms are nice and have their own bathrooms which is convenient. Also breakfast in the morning was nice. While it may be outside the city center, Montmartre is very nice and the hostel is right around the corner from the metro so it's easy to get to. My only real complaint would be that while I was there they were in the process of installing wifi in the rooms, so you had to go to the lobby for internet which wasn't great.

So finally it is working all over the hostel. We hope to have you back soon!

The entire wifi system was down while were were there and we didn't have international phone plans so we had to rely on wifi. Normally, it wouldn't have been a problem just using the wifi in the common room but it was so spotty and poor it was a joke. Not only that, but the staff didn't seem to care that the wifi needed fixing and weren't trying to help bring it back online as fast as possible. My bed was missing a ladder and the bathrooms were small, cramped, and dirty.

We've installed the wi fi all over the hostel. We apologize if it was down for a while during your stay. The whole hostel is being renovated. The bathrooms are cleaned twice a day.

Perfect place to stay for good value. I had no inconvenient, rooms were very clean, good service. Nice ehostel

Great comment! merci !

The shower was horrible. One way or he other it made water get into the room. They don't have an elevator so u have to carry your suitcases up a spiral staircase and they don't even offer to help. Even when asked they declined. The atmosphere is snobby and No wi fi in the rooms. I wouldn't recommend it. At all.

Thank you for your comment. Our staff is not able to carry the bags of our guets. You have to close correctly the door of the shower so the water does not go out.

I've stayed in this hostel 3 different times, and the last one they didnt have room in the one that i paid for, so i ended up in a very very tiny room without any space at all, fungus in the ceiling and things like that. If you go to the new rooms, the hostel is great. If you go to the old ones, you know what to expect now.

thank you for your comment. We are sorry if you had a bad time in the different room that you had. We've been renovating the whole hostel. See you soon

The girl with glasses who was working when I arrived was incredibly dismissive and not helpful at all. There was another guy serving breakfast who was pretty nice though. The hostel itself is very clean but not a terribly social environment. I was lucky enough to make friends with my room mates (I'm a solo traveller so that was great) It's pretty close to the Metro which was nice. If I come back to Paris I'd probably find another hostel though.

• 24th Sep 2014

Thank you for your comment! We have the common areas where people can chat. We also have wine and cheese so our guets can meet other travelers. We'd like you to come back again.

Rooms were typically small as you expect in paris. The lockers would not take a normal padlock instead you needed an extra long one which was rather annoying. Not enough sockets spread out in the rooms

Bonjour, We hear that there was not enough plug and are trying to find a solution to add it. For the lockers, the normal padlock should work, we'll check. Hope to see you again Romuald

Great location, very courful, helpful staff, nice looking, FREE BREAKFAST, and toilet and showers in your dorm room. Drawbacks were it was pretty noisy, was a bit crowded at times and lacked a big couch to sprawl on

Thanks for the comment! Hope to welcome you another time. Regards

Great en-suite room. Very friendly and helpful staff. Small house so limited common areas but it was well designed despite this.

• 14th Sep 2014

We are happy to see that you had a goom time. Come back soon !