Le Montclair Montmartre Hostel & Budget Hotel Reviews

62, Rue Ramey, Paris, France

No lockers in our room which was a four person room and lonely two of us..... But no one stole anything which was nice. Great breakfast

We've installed lockers in some rooms. If yours didn't have any you can still use those at the reception. Thanks for your comment

Didn't like the bathroom because the "shower" is like just the hole on the wall and the water flow is violent. Also there was not a plug for every bed in room and the wifi wouldn't reach the room.

Thanks for leaving your comment. That's the way the showers are. They make a fountain when they spread the water. The wi fi has been installed all over the hostel.

We booked an extra night as it was excellent value for money in a great location. The staff we excellent, we had problems with our computer and they helped us with that. The bike rental was excellent, I wish more hotels have that service.the location also was central to quaint villages, the town and of course Mont St. Michel. As an added bonus the local village sheep are rounded up each evening and good views of that can be seen from the restaurant. I highly recommend it.

Thanks you so much for that excellent comment. We hope to see you back soon.

Overall is good but to connect with wifi, we have to stay at lobby and we need to climb over 4 floors staircase to reach our room. Unfortunately, one of our member is injured on leg.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

We hope you had a great time with us! Now the wi fi will be working in the rooms

location is good, very near to subway, so you can get easily to every spot in the city. Montmartre and Sacre Coeur in walking distance. Staff was all friendly, the rooms where clean. Shower is pretty small, but absolutely alright and cleanliness in the bathrooms was "hostel standard". Breakfast was very good. Hostel isn´t too big, so easy to socialize. only little minus: wi-fi didm´t always work, but that wasn´t very bad for me. All in all i really enjoyed my stay there.

Thank you for your comment! we hope yoy enjoyed your stay. We'll love to have you back soon !

Colourful hostel with friendly staff.. the area is interesting and easy to get to if arriving in Paris at Gare du Nord. I only had a couple of minor issues that visitors should look out for... the WiFi worked only in the lobby and was patchy at best, but decent enough to do the basics. The shower in my 4 bed dorm was like a water cannon. A good portion of the rooms overlook a noisy school playground.. And there are 6 floors, so if you're unlucky enough to get the top floor, prepare for a climb

• 9th Sep 2014

Thank your for leaving a comment. We are glad you had a great time! We also have ear plus for free and we try our best to keep it as quiet as possible at night.

When I first arrived, I saw the sidewalk in front of the hostel was damaged(dunno whether it was repaired now.), so I was afraid the inside would be the same. On the contrary, it was cozy and colorful. The building was small and old-aged, but they decorated it well. The neighborhood was convenient. Good for budget travelers.

Thank you so much for such a nice comment. We hope to see you back soon :)

We booked our reservation two months before arriving, but still we got separated. We had to wait one hour to check in, and after that the staff gave us some sheets so we could make our own beds. The bedroom and the bathroom were tiny, dirty and pretty messy. Everyday we got our luggage moved inside our rooms. The wi-fi only works on the reception, and even there it works badly. The breakfast and the living room were pretty enjoyable.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

Thanks for your comment! As you have booked beds you are not able to guarantee that you are going to be in the same room even if you booked long time ago. We have improved the wi fi and it works all over the place. See you soon

I liked it, although I would have liked to have lockers in the bedrooms. However it is a nice hostel.

We have installed lockers in some rooms otherwise you have them at the repcetion for free. Best regards

Nicely located near restaurants, pubs and cafésin the lively, vibrant and multiethnic 18e arrondissement of Paris. One of the best deals when hostelling in Paris.

Thank you so much! Effectively this is one of the most beautiful areas in Paris. Come back soon

I've never been in France before so when I first met the staff was quite a shock. Later on I realized that French people are very direct in the way the speak with you. I wouldn't say they are rude because I don't speak any french at all. I would they there's no BS e no time for silly questions. Later on I actually find the staff a bit nice. The hostel was very noisy at night. There were people in the garden at 3 am and they were talking and laughing out loud. The breakfast was nice.

We appreciate your comment. Sometimes the staff can take more time to answer all your questios but some other times there's a lot of people also that want to answer many questions. We now have free ear plus and we try our best to keep it quiet at night.

A bit of a trek to the center but Montmartre is really great. Good hostel for meeting people. The ensuite bathroom was pretty gross so I ended up using the downstairs ones instead. Would have preferred not to have had the old, snoring man in the bed next to me who decided to cut his hair one morning, leaving hair all over the floor and bathroom.

thank you for comment. we are sorry about this bad experience with the other room-mate we hope see you again Best regard

Everything was Ok, Thanks to all the staff in there.

Thank you very much! We hope to see you again in Montclair Hostel. Best regard.

Very friendly staff and nice atmosphere. The price was good and was satisfied with what i got for it. Rooms were clean, so as the rest of the hostel. Sometimes the kitchen was a little bit messy, but that is because some people dont know how to clean after themselfs.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Slovenia

Thank you for the comment! We hope to see you again at Le Montclair Hostel. Regards,

Good and "cheap" Restaurants very close to the Hostel. Only 5 minutes to Sacre Coeur

Great hostel all round - the location is excellent and it's also very social. Montmartre is such a nice area to explore.

I had a great stay at Le Montclair. Rooms were clean, big lockers in the rooms, large hangout area with games. The staff was really laid back and helpful. Also there was a small grocer next store that sold alcohol really late. Only cons were the closest metro station is the dodgiest in Paris, and the wifi didn't work in the rooms. Mais, c'est la vie!

in a great location. the staff are friendly

We were in France for the first time, but thanks to you, it was a wonderful experience. Thehostel was cool. We loved the view from our window. Also staff was all the time smiling and willing to help. Thank you, guys! I will definetly come back as soon as I can!

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Romania

Our stay at the hostel was great, the room was clean and the other guests respectful and quiet. Finding the hostel however was very difficult and it would have been nicer to be close to the canal.