Le Montclair Montmartre Hostel & Budget Hotel Reviews

62, Rue Ramey, Paris, France

The hostel is very good and it have a good value for money inside Paris, but the shower is not very good. It is not a regular shower, but like a public restroom tap where you must press a button and receive a limited amount of water. Then repeat. The shower in my private bathroom did not have real hot water, just not cold.

This is my favorite hostel in Paris. What great service! You can drop your bags off before check-in time, and they are very accommodating. I loved the full kitchen as well. Definitely somewhere you need to stay in Paris! It's not the most central hostel, but it's in a great neighborhood and near the metro.

Nice staff, kitchen and common area is big. To get to the most attractions you have to take the metro but it's close. Typical parisian builing means small rooms, small staircase, no elevator. Breakfast is totally alright (as France is not a big breakfast nation) In the room was nothing to hang the closes and just one socket for 3. I would come back.

Bonjour, Thanks to let us know your feeling about the Montclair, we are looking for a solution to add some plugs in the dorm, What can be add at the breakfast ? Waiting to welcome you with pleasure a next time and Happy New Year

The receptionist was really friendly and helpful. We had a room with a faulty heater and when this issue was brought up to the receptionist, she did not hesitate to help us and gave us another room. The rooms are clean and cosy. A good place to stay

Hello, thanks for your time, we're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, Waiting to welcome you a next time in Paris,

I loved staying here - I stayed in a 4-bed mixed dorm with its own bathroom. The shower was nice, the room was average, the staff was helpful, and great location. The one recommendation I would make is to be a bit more careful on security - I was never carded or asked to show my wristband upon entering the hostel, and while it seemed like the staff pretty much knew everyone that was staying there, it might be a solid improvement. Otherwise, I would recommend the hostel to anyone visiting Paris!

• 30th Dec 2014
  • MichellePaynePerforming1644

It was a in a great location, easily located to the metro systems and really close to the Montmarte centre. The Kitchen was really nice to cook and make friends and the rooms were clean and pleasant.

• 28th Dec 2014

The staff made the stay for my group and I. Everyone working there was absolutely wonderful! And the location is right next to a metro station, making moving around the city a breeze with the wonderfully easy Paris metro system. The only downside was how cold it was in the hostel. We were there in the dead of winter, and the heating wasn't quite up to that challenge. But I wouldn't expect any problems any other time of year. I would definitely book here again!

• 28th Dec 2014

Extra electric outlet would be nice. But overall impression is excellent

Hi there, Thanks for this suggestion, we will try to add in the dorm. Waiting to welcome you a next time, Happy Nex Year !

Very good!

I had a great time at the hostel, the staff was really nice and accommodating. It wasn't to difficult to navigate the city from the location and I would definitely recommend the hostel to anyone visiting.

I liked my being in Montclair hostel, the only things i missed were 1) access to WARM shower, i think it would be better to have more of them, make them bigger and to change equipment (I don't want to press a button every time I need a small portion of water); 2) some small boxes or bedside tables. If I have a luggage for one-week-staing, I need a place to put it - not ON my bed place, really. The rest was more or less OK. Thank you very much!

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Ukraine

Pros- very close to metro, pretty nice area, free breakfast. Cons- bed was fairly bad, no elevator and the shower didn't stay on properly.

• 18th Dec 2014

Hi, I stayed 3 nights at the hostel in a 2-bed room, it was big enough, was clean, had table and 2 chairs and a washbasin, what was ok. Nevertheless, everything looks pretty old and shaby, the doors make lots of noise and you can hear everything from the other rooms. It was really loud all night, people shouting, coming up and down the stairs (there is no elevator) and we almost couldn't sleep. The breakfast is cool, but a little bit too late for those who wish to leave early in the morning.

Hi there, sorry for the noise at night, the team at the desk has to control the guests at night, the breakfast start at 7h30 in the morning, is this too late to start the day ? We finish the renovations, come back to let us proove you that you can do better... Regards

A girl had her bag stolen while I was there, over all it was ok.

Very nice breakfast, good staff, the wifi was working and it is very close to the subway station. We didn't have any problem, despite the fact that the hot water was not working properly on our private bathroom, but we used the shared shower at the shared bathroom and it was perfect. We recomend this hostel for sure!

Hello, Thanks for this review, we'll check the hot water to be sure. Waiting to welcome you back with pleasure Regards

If you're visiting Paris Definetly stay in the Montmartre neighborhood. The hostel was very clean and the kitchen facility was great. I stayed here twice and the second time I had a room with a toilet

• 12th Dec 2014

Pros: free table football, a cozy and relaxed atmosphere, breakfast included: tea/coffee/juice and cornflakes with milk, a bun with jam and a croissant (you will not be still hungry afterwards, I promise!), a possibility to order pizza or beer at the hostel, room cleaning every day; Cons: Montmartre centre is not within a walking distance as you may think and the hostel is really nearby a metro stop so don't get confused by too detailed directions;

Hi there, i confirm you that Montmartre is walking distance from the hostel, like 100 meters from the corner of the Hostel, great that you enjoyed our bar and pizza! Waiting to welcome you a next time for a better stay, Regards

Clean enough, rooms are quiet small though and push button shower wasn't very good. Good location close to restaurants and train. Not much of an atmosphere for meeting people in the common area for solo travellers and the bar is just the reception.

Hi there, Thanks for this review, we love to ear your feeling. Regarding the shower , it's our contribution for the planet... Maybe you miss one of our party to meet others travallers, Hope to welcome you a next time

LMM is very close to the Jules Joffrin Metro Stop - up Hermal and left. Not too far from Sacre Coeur. Nice decor, hangout area = comfy, good amount of cooking supplies. Staff was solid in all requests but almost no debriefing on facilitates or hostel procedure. Didn't double check any ID when asked for key...slightly concerning. Restrooms in middle room for the outside rooms = a pain for showers. Located right next to elementary -> loud post-3 M-F. Really enjoyed stay w/ good beds. Snacks avail.

Bonjour, Thanks for your time to leave this review, we appreciate. Concerning the security for the keys, we give a security card and a bracelet in order for us to know that you are part of the Hostel and we have your room number on the card. Waiting to welcome you back, regards

Why dont you have power plugs in the rooms? I know is a hostel, but this is the first one i have ever been with that unconfortable condition. Staff is not so nice, specially a blond girl (which name I can't remember) with her arrogant manners, but I think is normal considering that you are in Paris.

• 8th Dec 2014
  • Colombia

Dear guest, Thanks for your comment, it help us to improve our quality we have plugs in each room, what was the unconfortable condition? Our team is there to give tips ans ideas for a good stay in Paris with us, Tell us more about the team at the desk... Regards