Le Montclair Montmartre Reviews

62, Rue Ramey, Paris, France

First night, I was staying in a 8 beds dorm, ensuite. I have little problem with toilet and hot shower. Second night in a 3 beds dorm. I wonder why that I have to pay more for this room because the 8 beds dorm looks so much better and ensuit. The shower is another building and the toilet on my floor is bad. However, I kind of like the atmosphere of this hostel. Maybe because the staff are friendly and I feel very much welcome.

All the hostels you'll find in Paris are in the same area, which is Montmartre. It's far from the city center, but it's close to the Sacre Coeur Basilica, and the neighbourhood itself is very unique. The staff is great, breakfast is good, but wi-fi and shower sucks.

The breakfast was outstanding! The location is also very good: very close to the metro and walking distance to the Sacre-Coeur.

Loved our time at Le Montclair! Desk staff was very helpful, rooms were clean and very nice. Great location also!

• 21st Mar 2014

One bathroom for 15 or so people. mixed bathrooms. it was torture. even in single rooms the toilet was shared. the washroom facilities need improving.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Pakistan

I had such a good stay here,the downsides were staying on the 5th floor with wifi and everything else on the ground floor so when you forget something you have to all the way back up and down again. That and the showers were at times a little tricky. The staff were all very friendly especially Leonardo (I hope that I remembered his name correctly) who was usually at the front desk, he was happy to answer all my questions and always had a smile on which is always a plus.

The hostel is ok, has a good breakfast. What i did not like was that the room was quite small (a 3 bed room, that should be a 2 bed room), and the fact that we were in the fifth floor and there was no elevator. The night staff was cool, but the spanish girl that worked in the morning had no intention in helping people and even though she spoke spanish she never said that, so he had a lot of people thinking she could only speak frenk or english. There are better hostels in the area.

Thank you for the comment! You were upgraded for a better room, smaller but with less people in the room. All our staff have a badge with the languages that they speak so its easy to see if the speak your language or not.

Hostel was fine for our 2 night stay, good location right ny the Metro making it very easy to get around.

Hello! We appreciate your comment! We'd love to have you back soon!

We had a wonderful time and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere at your hostel. Thanks for everything!

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

no hot water in shower, even when following staff instructions. no WiFi in rooms, and unreliable wifi in the lobby. the staff was very hit or miss, with some being super nice, and others being incredibly rude. on the positive side, it is in a very good location, close to a metro stop. also, the rooms were very well maintained and cleaned. but overall, I would say it's not worth your money, even with a discount.

• 9th Mar 2014

Thank you for your comment ! We provide hot water 24/7 if you had a problem you should've let us know to help you out

EXCELLENT! One of the very best hostels i've ever been to.

Thank you very much for such a nice comment! You're always welcome here! See you soon ! :)

It was a pleasant stay. The room and toilet was clean. The breakfast was good and filling. However, shower area could have been cleaner. But overall, my friend and I enjoyed the stay at Le Montclair Montmartre.

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • India

Thanks for your comment ! We remind you that our common areas are cleaned several times every day ! We are sorry if your bathroom was a little dirty! We'll try our best to fix that! See you soon

Room was very small, good location , very noisy at night due to people in corridor slamming doors and shouting, lack of hangers in wardrobe, hairdryer was temperamental,

Thanks for your comment! We try our best to keep it quiet at night! Iff you need something else like more hangers or a hairdryer you could've asked us! See you soon

Le Montclair Montmatre is a very nice hostel. Stayed for 4 nights: affordable, clean, nice and helpful multilingual staff. Breakfast is OK for being included in the price, which is good as Paris is a expensive city. You have to take metro to get 2 everything, which is 2 blocks away. The only walking sight is Sacre Cour. I met very interesting people from several countries without even trying! Good kitchen. Excelent and cozy atmosphere. Recommended, would stay again there for sure!

great location! you will have a time to explore the Montmatre area and have that artistic Parisan feel. The hostel offers an international climate of young and spirited travelers .

Thanks for that great comment! That's our principal goal, to have the atmosphere of people all around the world at the same place, sharing a good time

Reeeeeally nice breakfast! The location was great! (A metro station really close!) I really enjoyed! Gonna be back!

What a nice comment! We'd love to have you back soon !

Good place to stay in Paris. An important thing to note is that the building hasn´t got an elevator, so if your room is in the fourth floor, as it was my case, you have to carry your lugagge upstairs.

Thank you very much for your comment! We hope next time you can stay in a lower floor! See you soon

This place wasn't bad. Its cheaper than most hostels in Paris but that being said, it is no bargain. I pretty much chose this place cause of its free breakfast which consisted of croisants and bread along with cereal tea and coffee. The atmosphere was nice and there was plenty of nice people around. The rooms were a bit cramped and the bathrooms were extremely basic not to mention the fact that there was only wifi in the lounge area which was pretty annoying.

We had a double bed private room which was very nice, with a nice view. We enjoyed having our own sink in there but we had to go to a different floor to shower which was a pain. Only one shower every second floor wasn't enough for such a large hostel. Breakfast was great and they did a great job of keeping everything fresh and well stocked. Staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was cosy.

Thank you very much for your comment! The showers are used only by the half of the floor, and there are some others on the ground floor! Our breakfast is absolutely fresh, delivered every day! See you back soon :

I loved staying at the Montclair. I would definitely recommend it, it's a great value for the money. The one issue is the hot water in the shower and as some have mentioned, it's freezing at times. We did find that if you get up super early, there is plenty of hot water, (like 5 am) but later its freezing. For me, this is a small price to pay for such a fun, comfortable, convenient place. You can't expect perfection at this price and they work hard to make you feel comfortable.

• 8th Feb 2014

We really appreciate your comment! We offer hot water 24/7 if you had a problem you shoul've let us know so we can fix it, or show you how the knob works because a lot of people don't know how to use it! Thank you very much for noticing that we work hard to make you feel like home. We would love to have you back

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4