Le Papillon Reviews

18 Vansittart Road, Torquay, England

Cosy rooms for couples and recently refurbished. Very clean with friendly staff and good atmosphere. Costs 50p for a good long shower. Have been before and this time went with my partner and she was as impressed as I was previously. As before I highly recommend this lovely hostel.

Pros: Hostess was accommodating and rooms were clean and obviously well taken care of Cons: location wasn't fabulous (20-25 minutes away from town) and there was something very off about the hostel…. i realize that I didn't stay in the peak season, but most of the lights were off when we arrived and we didn't see one other person while staying there. The atmosphere was not ideal. Also you have to pay to shower.

Hi thank you for your feedback Sorry but did you forget your glasses ? because a group of 18 people is really hard to miss. About the lights I am sorry but a guest must have turned them off as they are usually on during the night Tell me as you did stay in the garden cabin and not in the main house (which I told you you were welcome to use anytime) how were you able to judge the atmosphere? And yes there is 50 p. for a shower a truly original comment !!! Best regards Marga