Le Papillon Reviews

18 Vansittart Road, Torquay, England

Myself and partner stayed for a week in one of the wooden cabins in the garden of the hostel and absolutely loved it! The kitchen was really well stocked and there was a massive asda nearby so could get provisions on the cheap! The showers were lovely and the cabin was really cosy. Marga is a brilliant host and made us feel welcome even when we missed out train and were late arriving! Thank you so much (and love to Polly).

Hi Katie thank you so much for a great feedback. You are a lovely couple and fabulous guests. So hopefully we can welcome you again at Le Papillon. I wish you all the best and a big bark from Polly regards Marga

Good location, arty and trendy. More for the younger crowd than older people I would say. Was quiet at night which was nice. The mattresses could do with updating as they were a bit springy. The lady who runs the hostel was nice and friendly. I already new about the charge to have a hot shower. But I think it would make more sense to charge a little more and make the shower free. Then maybe people wouldn't keep mentioning it.

Hi thank you for your feedback Just a little criticism The point of paying 50 pence for a shower is not to gain money In the UK it is simply the only system to control THE TIME

We stayed in the cabin which was very cosy as well as very clean. The main building was very colourful with a good amount of toilet and shower facilities. Nice large dining room and kitchen available for use. The cabin was great for summer and they are situated in a lovely big garden.

• 28th Aug 2015

Lovely place kept clean and tidy. We stayed in one of the cabins it was very cosy, it was a new experience and is a challenge for anyone above 40. Cabins need porta potties and was not aware of the 50p shower for 10 mins. But it wa a great experience able to prepare meals. Will visit again

• 27th Aug 2015

Hello C.T.Yes you certainly rose to the challenge . There were many unusual and funny moments in the processOne thing I can tell you who ever meets you will always remember your bubbly funny personalitySee you next year All the best and much success in your businessregards Marga

Our stay was fantastic, the lovely, friendly, clean and with everything you need to prepare a meal or enjoy the garden, the owner was very kind to us, is close to shops and near the beach ,we will definitely be back and I recommend it to anyone wishing to visit Torquay. Adorable!!!

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Spain

Le Papillon is about a 10min walk from the beach and about a 20min walk from the town centre. We visited Torquay as five friends wanting to go away for five days without paying a fortune. We stayed in the five bed dorm made up from two sets of bunk beds and a single bed. The room was clean, bright and decorated well. The communal kitchen was clean and ideal for cooking easy meals, with lots of crockery and equipment available to use. Dining room lovely too and there's a big garden to sit in!

This is a really lovely little place to stay. We had one of the garden cabins and it was exactly what we expected and perfect for a weekend away. This place conveniently located and is within walking distance of most amenities, with lots of places to eat, drink and visit. Would definitely stay here again.

Lovely hostel, very colourful and lovely staff who were very helpful and accommodating. The garden cabins were very cosy!

Very nice place to stay on Torquay. Tastefully decorated and very clean.

Overall it was great, however, I did not like that you had to pay for the shower.

• 29th Jun 2015

We had a brilliant few days. No complaints at all, although hot water (other than in the shower) would have been a bonus. Will definitely re-visit. A colourful and happy house!

• 23rd Jun 2015

A beautiful little hostel with lovely staff, there really is nothing I could possibly complain about here. Well priced and more comfortable and pleasant than many hotels, in my opinion. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in.

Thank you, we really enjoyed our stay in our private cabin in the garden, also the kitchen facilities were very good!

Good hostel, good cleanliness and facilities, friendly owner. A bit far from the center but within nice 20 min walk by promenade which is also 10 min away. Good value for money. Can recommend to anyone.

Very friendly, clean and good value for money.

one of the kind hotel decorated in bold crazy colours run by lovely german couple. Owner very helpful and kind. Great value for money.

I visited here with two of my friends for two nights. it's very nice,clean and lively hostel.Situated at excellent location just a five minute walk from the train station and coach station. This hostel has various type of rooms option not only dome like other hotels.They charge 50p to use hot shower for 10 mins. Staffs are nice and friendly. If you looking for budget and for short stays place in torquay then i would recommend to book this place. Thanks Mace(staff) for making our stay comfortable

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • India

Very nice and cozy hostel, everything is very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful.The Location is good, you can walk to the city centre in around 15 minutes. We would go there again.

• 14th Mar 2015

Cosy rooms for couples and recently refurbished. Very clean with friendly staff and good atmosphere. Costs 50p for a good long shower. Have been before and this time went with my partner and she was as impressed as I was previously. As before I highly recommend this lovely hostel.

Pros: Hostess was accommodating and rooms were clean and obviously well taken care of Cons: location wasn't fabulous (20-25 minutes away from town) and there was something very off about the hostel…. i realize that I didn't stay in the peak season, but most of the lights were off when we arrived and we didn't see one other person while staying there. The atmosphere was not ideal. Also you have to pay to shower.

Hi thank you for your feedback Sorry but did you forget your glasses ? because a group of 18 people is really hard to miss. About the lights I am sorry but a guest must have turned them off as they are usually on during the night Tell me as you did stay in the garden cabin and not in the main house (which I told you you were welcome to use anytime) how were you able to judge the atmosphere? And yes there is 50 p. for a shower a truly original comment !!! Best regards Marga

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5