Le Regent Montmartre Hostel & Budget Hotel Reviews

37 Boulevard Rochechouart, Paris, France

Perfect hostel in Paris, perfect hospitality.

It was a well-kept, young hostel with friendly guests. Awesome location right in Montmartre and with reasonable prices for Paris, I'd definitely go back again. I also loved the convenience of having a main Metro line right down the street.

• 19th Nov 2014

The location was gud & central to Metro once u found it which was difficult at first. They culd definitely use sume liquid soap in bathroom as theres none anywhere & a bathmat also wuld like to see the rooms cleaned more as they were left for quite awhile when people had vacated. Breakfast was adequate & facilities in the kitchen gud. Staff were helpful when asked.

Not the fanciest hostel, but great for the price. I felt safe and welcomed at the hostel, and all the expected amenities (good shower, clean and spacious kitchen, etc.) were provided. The staff was always available and spoke a range of languages. The Sacre Coeur was visible from the street, and the metro station into town was only 2 minutes away. My only complaint is that the building itself was little run down (worn out carpet, sheets with holes in them, etc.), but still a bargain in my opinion

• 14th Nov 2014

Everything was OK, except for the price - certainly due to the overpriced real estate market. Noteworthy, a not so kind guest has violently harrassed and aggressively denigrated an Afro-European employee of the Hostel who tried to represent the interest of the Hostel. Hope this conflict will not misguide the attention of the Hotel Managers, it would be quite unfair for everyone.

Excellent hostel

My arrival to La Regent was actually the worst introduction - greeting or information supply on an area I have ever received. The young girl on the desks attitude was nothing less than ordinary and quite frankly I'm sure there are many people more suitable for the position. Room was clean, shower fantastic with good pressure. Breakfast included and location spot on. Perhaps some friendlier night staff and a common area for people to mingle would be great.

Our stay at the hostel was great, staff so friendly and helpful, kitchen was really useful, 2 seconds from the metro! Shared a room of 6 and made loads of new friends!

• 4th Nov 2014

We loved the hostel! The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was nice though we were expecting something hot. However, the croissants were awesome! We also got free candy cause it was halloween! Thank you verh much guys, we were very impressed.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Spain

Hostel is great. Very helpful and nice staff. Very good breakfast. Confortable bed and great view. The toilet facilities were not good, though, as there were no basins in the toilets. Besides, there is not even one toilet per floor (eg: we were on the 5th floor but the nearest toilet was on the 4th floor). Despite this, good place to stay, would recommend.

Was a lot better than I expected!

• 31st Oct 2014

I have stayed here before and I would def stay again :-) Its a lovely hostel in a great location, transport is very easily reached with walking and its a 5-10min walk from the Eurostar - perfect :-) Breakfast is basic for very tasty and sets you up for the day. Best thig about my stay this time was my bed/ balcony overlooked to the Sacre Coeur - Beautiful

I stayed 3 nights in 4 share female dorm, room 406. Ladies, if you get allocated this room please ask to switch. The ensuite bathroom is absolutely disgusting, covered in mould on the walls and in the shower. The entire room smells like damp and breathing in the bathroom feels like a health hazard. Otherwise, ok hostel with good location and comfy beds. But please don't stay in room 406.

• 29th Oct 2014

I have been travelling Europe for a couple of months and the staff here were less friendly, knowledgeable and passionate than any hostel I have stayed at so far. They seemed like it was inconvenience to answer questions or provide recommendations and were unwelcoming. They gave us poor directions on several occasions. For example we were told we had to take a train to Pigalle to find a hop-on and hop-off tour, which we found out there was a place right outside the hostel.

I recommend the Regent. Learn the subway....its very easy to get around!

• 24th Oct 2014

Great hostel. It's a little quirky with the shag carpet floors and dimly lit room, but overall quite a nice place. Friendly staff and good facilities. I enjoyed my stay here quite a bit more than the other hostel down the street.

I was in this hostel for four days. Breakfast was good, staff helpful. Wifi was running smoothly, locker available. Pubs, resturants, Grocery shop are just around and hostel have a good kitchen. Apart from those sreaming of partying youths at night, which i think hostel can't be blamed of, my stay was a pleasureful. Would love to stay there again, highly recommended.

One of the worst hostel experiences I've had. Upon arrival (after I had already paid), I was told that check in would have to be at 6pm instead of the 4pm promised online and that there was no water in the hostel. I had to schlep my stuff to shower in a different hostel because I had to be ready for a business meeting at 6. Then, they were extremely rude about wifi passwords - refused to give me a log in for both my phone and laptop. Meryl at reception was shockingly rude.

Located next to the metro station, but far from the main attractions. Great kitchen! Not a great atmosphere for meet new people.

It was not too expensive, clean and the Staff was friendly and helpful. It's easy to reach. The location is ok, although the neighborhood is not the best. Kitchen was good, shower and toilet ok. The other guests were nice and the bar next to the hostel is nice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5