Le Regent Montmartre Hostel & Budget Hotel Reviews

37 Boulevard Rochechouart, Paris, France

I have stayed here before and I would def stay again :-) Its a lovely hostel in a great location, transport is very easily reached with walking and its a 5-10min walk from the Eurostar - perfect :-) Breakfast is basic for very tasty and sets you up for the day. Best thig about my stay this time was my bed/ balcony overlooked to the Sacre Coeur - Beautiful

I stayed 3 nights in 4 share female dorm, room 406. Ladies, if you get allocated this room please ask to switch. The ensuite bathroom is absolutely disgusting, covered in mould on the walls and in the shower. The entire room smells like damp and breathing in the bathroom feels like a health hazard. Otherwise, ok hostel with good location and comfy beds. But please don't stay in room 406.

• 29th Oct 2014

I have been travelling Europe for a couple of months and the staff here were less friendly, knowledgeable and passionate than any hostel I have stayed at so far. They seemed like it was inconvenience to answer questions or provide recommendations and were unwelcoming. They gave us poor directions on several occasions. For example we were told we had to take a train to Pigalle to find a hop-on and hop-off tour, which we found out there was a place right outside the hostel.

I recommend the Regent. Learn the subway....its very easy to get around!

• 24th Oct 2014

Great hostel. It's a little quirky with the shag carpet floors and dimly lit room, but overall quite a nice place. Friendly staff and good facilities. I enjoyed my stay here quite a bit more than the other hostel down the street.

I was in this hostel for four days. Breakfast was good, staff helpful. Wifi was running smoothly, locker available. Pubs, resturants, Grocery shop are just around and hostel have a good kitchen. Apart from those sreaming of partying youths at night, which i think hostel can't be blamed of, my stay was a pleasureful. Would love to stay there again, highly recommended.

One of the worst hostel experiences I've had. Upon arrival (after I had already paid), I was told that check in would have to be at 6pm instead of the 4pm promised online and that there was no water in the hostel. I had to schlep my stuff to shower in a different hostel because I had to be ready for a business meeting at 6. Then, they were extremely rude about wifi passwords - refused to give me a log in for both my phone and laptop. Meryl at reception was shockingly rude.

Located next to the metro station, but far from the main attractions. Great kitchen! Not a great atmosphere for meet new people.

It was not too expensive, clean and the Staff was friendly and helpful. It's easy to reach. The location is ok, although the neighborhood is not the best. Kitchen was good, shower and toilet ok. The other guests were nice and the bar next to the hostel is nice.

The common areas of the hostel are fine, but the bedrooms were dark and had a horrible lingering smell. A great location in Montmartre, the best place in Paris. The hostel atmosphere wasn't great for a solo traveller. Would recommend more to groups

It is good value for money hostel.

Great hostel, great location.

• 13th Oct 2014

The staff was nice but a bit slow, the hostel was clean and breakfast was pretty good

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Mexico

Good hostel, just in front of a subway station, nice staff except for the kitchen lady (guess is not her fault since she doesn't speak english)... good two nights there

Great location for the price, I was very happy with the whole Hostel with a very nice breakfast, nice cleaning service, making the room clean all day. The only recommendation is that the shower door should be better isolated, so that the bathroom floor doesn't get wet at every shower... Loved my stay

The mold in the bathroom was a bit disconcerting

The view of Sacré-Cœur out the balcony window is lovely. Just a minute walk from the metro! Close to various attractions like Sacré-Cœur and Moulin Rogue. Safe neighborhood with lots of brasseries that close late. Clean beds and toilet. Cons: No powerpoint in the room. The male staff are rude and unhelpful though. I asked for direction to airport and brushed me off by asking me to look at the metro map on the wall.

Great location for Montmarte as a starting point for visit to Paris. Comfortable beds with small lockers for valuables. Card entry to hostel and room for extra security. Good breakfast but limit to one croissant when indicated buffet style breakfast. Staff very friendly and able to advice. Social events organised for each evening and use of the kitchen if required. Easy link to the metro and close to the train station. Had a lovely view of the Sacre-Coeur.

I found the neighborhood was good, being close to a major subway line. I also liked the fast WiFi and abundant bathrooms. I wish there were couches to relax.

• 6th Oct 2014

Bonjour, Thanks for the time given for the message, we are doing some changes on the hostel, and couches could be a great idea maybe for the next time you will come we gonna have some for you to relax. hope to have the pleasure to welcome you at another time. Best regards, The Regent Staff

Very good hostel. We travelled with 6 family members staying in our own room. Staff were very helpful. Included breakfast was good (continental). Location was convenient to metro and Montmartre tram. This area of Paris is not the best, look confident when walking around.