Le Regent Montmartre Hostel & Budget Hotel Reviews

37 Boulevard Rochechouart, Paris, France

Amazing hostel; lovely staff, clean, great croissants! Met some lovely people! The beds were quite squeaky but it's a hostel, so not a complaint, but maybe that could be something to update if they choose to do so.

I like this place and atmosphere. especially close to metro and Kitchen facility. This place is worth for money and staffs are friendly and helping nature.

Very helpful and accomodating staff.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Overall I would say regent hostel is pretty average, location is pretty good as its right near a metro station and there are plenty of places nearby to get a bite to eat. They do have a small lift which is handy for luggage. My room had safety deposit boxes and an ensuite bathroom. The bathroom was in pretty bad shape though I must say but hot water works fine! Only 2 power points in the room near the floor. Even with the window open the room was hot as so I hard a hard time sleeping

I really didn't like Paris but this had nothing to do with the hostel. Staff were super friendly and tried their best to help us enjoy Paris and the area the hostel was in was actually my favourite part of Paris as it was quite edgy. The only bad thing I can say about this hostel is that it had a bit of a funny smell, kind of like dampness, circulating constantly. However, none of Paris seemed to smell nice anyway so we got used to it in the end.

We stayed for 3 nights, everything was great, location, the atmosphere, but I would have to complain that there was no A/C or fan in the room and it was very hot! Also my last night a group of italians were trying to pick up some girls and we could hear them shouting and listening to music till 2-3 am (the hostel does give you free earplugs but someone could have quieted them down a bit). Nice place :) a few blocks (2?) from Sacre Couer, but you hace to take the sub for other atractions

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. It was clean and the atmosphere allowed for meeting people. Great happy hour downstairs and great breakfast as well. Laundry is also a plus.

Enjoyed my stay! Thanks for all the help guys! Special shout out to Stefan Pinheiro.. cheers mate.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • India

The best world I had been.

• 12th Jul 2014

This has much more of a hotel feel then a hostel feel. Being a young female solo backpacker there was no real possibility of meeting other travellers, other then sitting alone in the little kitchen area waiting around. People stick to their rooms. Breakfast is only bread and juice. Located near the moulin rouge but close to gare du nord

Good location and building. Breakfast was simple, but a really nice feature. Not a very social hostel where travelers are interested in meeting one another, but everyone was polite and considerate. Felt more like a hotel than a hostel.

Everything is great, but fix the showers, the water overflows and the shower room is moldy.

The room was serviceable, but as a nonsmoker, being in a room with two smokers was pretty annoying. The breakfast was nothing to speak of, just croissants, rolls, coffee, and juice. Good location less than 50m from the Metro.

Thanks for your feedback, the whole hotel is non-smoker so no one can smoke inside the hotel (rooms, common areas, balconies). The breakfast is typically French (croissants, bread, milk, coffee, juice, jam, etc.). We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you at another time. Kind regards, The Regent Staff

The most secured hostel I've ever stayed in. Best hostel Wi-fi so far. Clean rooms, free breakfast everyday, friendly staff and plenty of areas to relax. If you are a person who's nervous about staying in a Paris hostel, come here and you'll see there is nothing to worry about.

• 3rd Jul 2014

I was very pleased with the amount of money I had to pay. We got a lot for less. It was a perfect place to be for my friends and I and we enjoyed our stay at the little but charming Le Regent.

• 2nd Jul 2014

We loved it! great atmosphere, close to the metro station and situated in the picturesque neighbourhood of Monmatre. Really helpful and friendly staff, with lots of good suggestions. Also, the kitchen was great and the breakfast included in the morning was really useful. Only negative was the washing machine was broken. But there was a laundromat close by, which the receptionist on duty helped us find. Oh, and the showers are utilitarian, not luxury. But we will definitely be staying here again!

Nice place and nice location!

I had an enjoyable stay at Regent . The staff were friendly offering excellent service, and the facilities were very clean.

• 29th Jun 2014

For a person with asthma, the air quality was poor, especially in the upper floors, we stayed few nights at 3rd floor and then few in the 5th and it was really bad in the 5th. Staff was really nice and every problem was easily solvable. Kitchen was great.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Bonjour, Thanks for the time given for the message, We are glad to hear that the Staff is making well with our Guests... We are doing some works at the hostel, common areas, rooms, showers all in order to improve your staying at the hostel. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you at another time. Best regards, Regent Staff

The location was great, just round the corner from the Sacré-Cœur and the metro. There is lots of information available to give you ideas of what to do and how to get to different places in the city. Super helpful when planning out your day. The rooms were nice and had ensuites which is always great. Overall, a lovely stay.