Le Simplon Reviews

11 Rue Duhamel, Lyon, France

No Rating

Bathroom tiny, quilt cover falling apart. But overall good.

A good find in Lyon. We prefer hostels, and the lack of any good ones in France is frustrating, but this hotel at a good price was a nice change. Staff were helpful with restaurant selections and spoke good english. Rooms were comfy and all that you would hope for.

Good hotel for the price, the staff was very helpful and it was conveniently near the subway stop. The only problem (which I would not return to this hotel because of) was the bathroom smelled very bad and it made the whole room smell bad. For one night it was bearable, but I would not go back if it all the rooms are like that.

Very nice and comfortable Hotel. The room was not large but very nice. The staff was also nice and helped me with finding the nice places in Lyon. I can definately recommend it !

Really nice and clean hotel. I arrived very late and left really early next morning so I didn't get over all picture of the place. The staff was really friendly and spoke good English with me. The hotel was cosy and the rooms were clean.

You have a really polite and fluent English speaker recepsionist girl, never loose her. She is very helpful and happy.

Very pleasant staff, extremely clean and comfortable, aexactly what I wanted for a stopover.

The location of the hotel was very good and you can easily walk into town from here. Never saw the same receptionist twice, most were friendly and helpful. Rooms were lovely with the exception of the bathroom which resembled a plane toilet and had a bad odour. Breakfast was of a poor standard. I would reccomend for short stays only. I paid cash on leaving but was then charged an additional amount on my credit card. The total was correct but no explanation given when I asked

We arrived to Lyon by train. Getting to the hotel was fairly simple via a bus to the center of the city. The room we stayed in was quite nice and the staff was very friendly. The only two minor complaints would be that there was no wifi internet and that the bathroom in the room we slept in smelled a little like sewer. The hotel is near the historic part of the city.

This is a great little hotel in Lyon. I didn't hang out at the hotel much but it was very clean and the staff were nice. I couldn't get the internet to work on my iphone until the last night.

A really nice hotel. My only negative comment would be that the shower tap has the sort of push-button arrangement which you often see in handbasins, so you have to keep pressing it while you're in the shower - not very convenient! I imagine it's a water-saving device but as the water takes a long time to heat up (and is still not very hot) it seems a bit of a waste. Otherwise a really pleasant place to stay.

very nice place