Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel Reviews

Bldg. 36, 319 Jiaozhou Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China

The best youth Hostel we had during our 15 days trip in East China.

Staff was very kind and helpful!

Everything was pretty good just that for a dorm It's 100rmb that seems a bit much especially for a 10 bed dorm

Nice place,beds not ready till 4pm though!

Quite large, professional hostel in a good location. The hostel itself is in an old factory building. The building itself was left pretty much as is, while the rooms themselves are renovated very nicely (rather small though) giving the hostel a chic industrial feel. There's a nice rooftop as well. The friendly staff speak english very well. I would definitely stay here again.

paying 30 yuan for laundry along with poor wifi in rooms are two small but HIGHLY annoying features of an otherwise decent place.

The staff was very helpfull, hostel very clean

This place was kind of dingy, compared to other hostels I've stayed at in Shanghai. It's on a sketchy alleyway, although there are a lot of restaurants and convenience stores nearby. It's a little far from the subway station. The rooms themselves were not amazing, my bedding was sort of damp when I got there and the lockers make really loud noises every time you open them. The internet wasn't great either. Bathroom didn't have TP. Too expensive for value. Go to Mingtown or Rock&Wood instead. :)

Mostly Ok. Not all the staff speak english.

• 1st Jul 2015

Cleanliness seems to have improved since prior reviews as communal toilets and showers were very clean. The atmosphere was a little odd for solo travellers. In a female 6 bed dorm I was the only one who wasn't living there, and although individually the girls were all friendly they didnt seem to get along with other so well; so kind of felt like spending the holidays with a dysfunctional family. Upstairs bar is lovely but expensive (2 draft beers for 35 rmb at happy hour!) so wasn't busy.

Not a good or fun atmosphere, helpful staff. down an alleyway wouldn't have found it had we not been shown. helped with making international phone calls. not within walking distance to many main attractions but on the main metro line.

Le Tour is one of the best hostels I stayed in while living in China. The only issue I had was finding the subway station.

We stayed in a lovely little twin private room for two nights and although it poured and poured for the three days we visited Shanghai, our hostel remained a comfortable, clean spot to huddle in with other travelers away from the disgusting weather. The staff spoke excellent English and were extremely helpful in showing us how we needed to get from A to B.

Very good hostel, would recommend.

Pleasant hostel down a dodgy looking alleyway not far from the metro station. The staff are friendly and the communal areas are really good. The wifi is intermittent and only available in the common areas. The toilets and showers are kept clean. Lockers are massive and easily fit your backpack, beds are comfy and the beer is cheap! Enjoyed my stay.

The location is great, but everything else is pretty average. I don't think it offers very good value for money - having just checked in at Rock and Wood hostel (which is costing me 75 yuan per night instead of the 110 at Le Tour, bumped up over the bank holiday weekend), this becomes even more evident. The staff were OK but not particularly warm/ friendly. The atmosphere and decor of the hostel was a bit clinical, and the bathrooms didn't appear to be cleaned very often. A bit dissapointing.

I'm a frequent guest at this hostel. I really enjoyed my stay this time. I found the atmosphere to be nice and mellow on this visit.

Large hostel tucked away in an alley about 2 blocks north of Jing'an Temple (and metro station). If it wasn't for another hostelworld reviewer mentioning having to go through an alley to find the hostel, I probably would have never been able to find it. Less of a social hostel and more for people looking for somewhere to rest at night. Dorms are standard, with a key-card entry. Be warned of the large lockers - although nice for storage, they can be quit noisy at night! Shared bathrooms clean.

The location was great, a 15 minute walk from Jing'An temple down tree lined streets. Restaurants, banks and shops nearby. I was only there for the weekend but I would go back when i visit Shanghai again.

The hostel was very nice and very clean. After a busy day in Shanghai the rooftop bar was a welcome respite!

• 26th May 2015