Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel Reviews

Bldg. 36, 319 Jiaozhou Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China

We really enjoyed our stay, very convenient that the private rooms come with towels and even shampoo/shower gel. The location is good, right on the intersection between 2 subway lines and close to the French Concession. The room was very nice, comfortable beds and very clean. Will definitely stay there next time I'm in Shanghai.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

Location isn't the best. Good atmosphere, great place to meet other travelers.

Daniel was especially helpful. I highly recommend this hostel. Seemingly pretty standard for Chinese hostels, no kitchen to cook your food, but I'm a street food person while here in China so it was fine. Stay at Le Tour and you'll be quite happy.

• 5th Apr 2014

The hostel staffs speak english well, bed is comfortable, clean room, wifi is ok, close to shops to get instant food, great accommodation for backpackers with light luggages because of the long stairs from Jiaozhou rd entrance to the hostel. There is no kitchen for cooking but hot water is available for instant noodles and coffee, good locker.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

I was only in for a quick and early night. Hostel was quite quiet, but looked like it could be fantastic with the right crowd. All staff were very helpful and friendly. Will come again!

I thought this hostel was great; though I wasn't impressed that they changed the rate for the room I was staying in, during the day on my last day. so after I'd paid for the room some days before upfront at their reception, they took the difference out of my deposit when I left! I was appalled!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Excellent location and clean hostel, I asked for a tour to Suzhou and was told they didn't know of any but the next day I looked at their wall and there in plain sight they offered tours so the reception staff doesn't seem to know what is going on. Would come back again.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Spain

This was our first stay at a youth hostel. Staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable and the shower was hot. Would definitely recommend this hostel.hostel.

Good location, it's a 10 minute walk max to line 2 which has both airports and most major sights on it however it is hard to find being hidden in the laneway with no sign on the street. Close to good street food and 24 hour mini marts etc. 20 min walk to a large supermarket. Sheets changed after checkout. The bottom floor is cold because it doesn't see sunlight and the floor is concrete, wifi is only available in the lobby or at the roof top bar where you must purchase something to stay inside.

This is agreat little hostel, well located with good facilities and helpful staff. I have stayed there a few times now and always find myself booking again the next time I am in Shanghai.

My regular place to stay when I am in Shanghai. 500-600 metres from Jing An metro station in a nice parf of Shanghai. Rooms are comfy and clean. Staff are pleasant and efficient. Will be back there again soon.

The WiFi connection is really good; the RMB200 deposit for the router is a no brainer; beats using the LAN. Security is a little of a concern; this is the second trip when the locks on the door was spoiled. Generally, staff are helpful and pleasant except for one young lady (short-haired and duty one night) who was really rude. Lots of local, value-for-money eateries around the corner.

I had a much better experience at this hostel this time than I did during my last visit there. Their computers were all working nicely this time, everything was well maintained, and the place was really relaxing. Yes!

The staff was lazy and unhelpful. Every chance the hostel had to nickel and dime their guests they took full advantage. They charged 60 quai to wash and dry laundry and did not fold it. Further the rooms are not heated so we had to sleep in all of our clothes.

First it was a little hard to find the hostel, because its hidden in a small street. But once you find it you will appreciate it very much. I liked the atmosphere and the stuff was nice. I also appreciated the lockers and the really clean bed sheets and blankets. I just stayed for one night but if I visit Shanghai again I will definitly book again in this hostel.

Very confortable and cosy room.

A nice, quiet place. I will stay here again if in Shanghai. Wifi good

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff was particularly kind and helpful!

The location of this hostel which is near Jing-An temple is great. We took the airport bus (line2) from Pudong airport to Jing-An temple bus stop. It costed only 22 Rmb. There are not many taxis on the Jiaozhou road, but not to far to walk to Jing-An subway. Many restaurants and cafe around Jing-An temple. The staff (esp. night shift) is helpful.

Le Tour is a great place to stay. it's clean, safe, accessible, very well located, not expensive and the staff is quick and very helpful. When I go to SH I always stay at Le Tour.

« first « Prev 1 2 3