Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel Reviews

Bldg. 36, 319 Jiaozhou Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China

a little bit hard to find

• 18th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Unlike some reviews, I felt the location was perfect, far enough from the commotion, but close enough to all the main attractions. The private room was very nice, small, but cozy and very clean. Only improvement for the room would be at least some better variety of foreign channels (not necessarily paid ones). The staff was very helpful. We had a great time! Thanks!

Just stayed for a night and got there pretty late. It was a pain finding the place (you've gotta go down a pretty sketchy alley to find the place). The staff were pretty helpful, though. It looks like it may be a fairly nice place to set up camp if you will be staying in SH for a few days. Nice common room and the roof bar looked nice. Also, not too far from the Jing'an Temple station, which is a pretty central local to be.

Really enjoyed my stay here. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are clean. The rooftop bar/patio is a great place to relax and have a few drinks. Highly recommended if you're going to be in Shanghai.

• 4th Aug 2014

The toilet is not secure - there is no lock in the toilet.. so that everyone can open your door when you are using it. The bathroom is not clean also.. there are many black shoes' steps n hair in the bathroom. The staffs are quite good and polite. The location is a little bit far away to station and there are no restaurants nearby.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

This is the second time I have stayed at this hostel, and just like before I thought it was a nice place to stay. The rooftop bar is nice and so are the rooms. I have stayed in both the dorms and the privates and would recommend both. The second time I stayed there the staff was much more helpful than the first time. Overall, I would stay here again (clearly I did). It has a very nice proximity to a main subway line as well.

The staff is not very Friendly, they don't try to help.

• 19th Jul 2014

Nice comfy beds (a plus in china) and a good main living room area with wifi and lots of space. Nice showers/bathroom facilities as well, and big lockers with padlocks provided. Very friendly staff, and location is near enough to the subway, yet pretty quiet. Not a very strong community atmosphere, but that may just have been the one time I stayed. Would definitely come back - great value for money.

Nice location with a dirty alley. Friendly English-speaking staff. Reasonably clean rooms. No air-conditioning in the lobby. No Wi-Fi in the rooms.

It helped that I could leave my guitar behind the counter, because it is too big for the locker. I slept very well in the dorm.

staff were pleasant but not overly helpful or friendly. The hostel is great, loved it

• 12th Jul 2014

All good, nice staff.

I like everything about the hostel but the surroundings of the hostel is not so beautiful. The internet connection should be improved.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

交通方便,房間乾淨舒適,非常推薦來上海玩入主

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Taiwan

Overall great experience. They needed to reach us about switching rooms, but we didn't leave a number, so they upgraded us to a private for free. Staff spoke perfect English. A nice patio bar upstairs, seemed a bit vacant but would be a great place to hang out with a crowd. The shower in our room seemed to somehow leak all over the bathroom floor after use, but it wasn't a huge issue, and otherwise the rooms were clean and fine. Pretty close to main metro lines, so easy to get to bars/bund.

• 4th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

A bit hard to find, but overall a well-priced, clean, comfortable place to stay.

• 25th Jun 2014

a decent hostel if you're just looking for a place to stop for a rest, but it's not close to anything and there's absolutely no atmosphere (common room is just dead). I stayed one night and then cancelled my second night to say at Blue Mountain Bund, which has an amazing location and equally great atmosphere!! (highly reccomend, I've stayed there twice). also the shower room here stunk so bad of sulphur, and there was no water pressure. bed was comfy though. as I said, decent for a 1 night stop.

Wifi was not available in our room, even with a borrowed router. A pity. But, we really enjoyed our stay. The beds were soft enough and the doonas lovely. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Lovely hostel to stay, clean and a nice place.

• 21st Jun 2014

Very good hostel in a central location. Good, helpful staff and very functional layout in renovated older building in an historical area. Stayed in very clean 6 bed male dorm with fine bedding, secure new locker and fine fellow travelers. Excellent feeding and provisioning to be had about and all facilities required are on the premises. Value for money and will stay again when back in Shanghai.

« first « Prev 1 2 3