Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel Reviews

Bldg. 36, 319 Jiaozhou Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China

It was a very clean hostel and had an interesting and cool atmosphere.

Lovely rooftop bar area. The location is quite good near Jin'an Temple and about 10 minutes walk from the subway)

The staff was very friendly and had a good command of the English language. It is not very hard to find, but tucked away in ally, I got a little lost finding it, but it was late and I was tired. Very safe location. The internet was painfully slow. Overall this was a great hostel for some R&R and enjoying a quieter neighbourhood of Shanghai. Not the most social atmosphere, if you are looking for a party hostel I would stay somewhere else. This one was beautiful and relaxing though.

• 1st Jan 2015

10mins walk from the next metro station, nice place.

The place is well located from metro and very close from French concession and East Nanjing road by cab as well in case you are tired to take metro. Cans are quite inexpensive in Shanghai. But Internet is bad in the room , barely works and you have to be either in the bar or reception area for the wifi, which turns out to be very cold place in winters. The bar is a bit of downer as you can barely eat there and very little choice of alcohol and they won't accept credit cards.

The overall stay was pretty good. The location was close to a metro station and lots of amenities. The rooms were pretty basic and clean. I stayed there in winter time, and the rooms are heated by an air con system. A bit of a problem if you don't know how to work a chinese air con remote control! So the rooms were pretty cold unless you left the system on all the time. Also wifi was hard to get in the rooms.

• 24th Dec 2014

The hot water in our private room barely worked and we were having semi cold showers. They did not provide any maps of the area and since google maps is blocked and Bing maps suck and Baidu maps are all in Chinese, this made of very hard to get around. The location is average at best it's a little bit of a hike from the train station

• 24th Dec 2014

Hostel is nice and clean. Wifi only worked in reception which was freezing but dorm was nice and warm. Bar one member of staff who helped me book trains, the rest of the staff are terrible. Unhelpful, unfriendly and extremely rude.

As always a good stay at Le Tour though the air conditioning wasn't actually working well so a little chilly at night. I can certainly recommend this place and I will be staying there again very soon as it is very well located.

6 ppl dorm room space too small. Someone snoring too loud in the middle of the night.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

The bathrooms are freezing! Also a little hard to find. And the staff didn't seem to like being asked questions. But good location for jinan temple area.

Good hostel in a good location. Pros: Lots of nearby shops and restaurants and a 10 minute walk from the subway. Showers powerful and hot, comfy beds with decent lockers in the rooms. Great location for French Concession and other nearby attractions. Cons: Hostel is difficult to find initially as it cannot be seen from the alley entrance. Wifi was awful, no matter where you were in the building. Not great value for the money but would stay again.

The Bar was open until 1am. I was talking to my friend, eat pizza day drinks lot of beers, and I haven't seen that time was after 2am. The girl was right there just waiting for.us, never told us a word that it was time to close. I really appreciate that, I want to.say a public BIG THANKS, because it was 12 years before last time I meet this friend. So, I recommend this place with eyes closed!. They help me booking taxis, gave tourist information, they were all excellent in the attention.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Venezuela

The hostel is clean, everything one might need is provided, the facilities are great. All in all real good value for money, would definitely stay there again if I had to go back to Shanghai.

Staff are fairly friendly, location isn't great as bit far from metro. 6 person dorms are bit too small

Good overall hostel. Maybe have a larger selection at the restaurant?

• 24th Oct 2014

Definitely this hostel is much better, nowadays than City Central Internacional; better location, more comfortable and most of all cleaner! Apart from this, wifi conecction is not good at all.

Apart from being underinformed about the way the bunkbeds were layed out (numbering wasn't clear) the stay was very pleasant. Room was okay and since we were only there one night it was fine. Clean, a little bit of a walk from the subway station but I would definitely stay there again.

No wifi in rooms are a bummer. No hot water late at night.

I've stayed at Le Tour Traveler's Rest Y.H. several times in the past few years and not much has changed in that time. I love the location and the staff are always friendly and helpful however I felt it was lacking a bit in atmosphere this last time I stayed there - mainly because the lounge area next to the reception was closed.

« first « Prev 1 2 3