Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel Reviews

Bldg. 36, 319 Jiaozhou Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China

Definitely this hostel is much better, nowadays than City Central Internacional; better location, more comfortable and most of all cleaner! Apart from this, wifi conecction is not good at all.

No wifi in rooms are a bummer. No hot water late at night.

I've stayed at Le Tour Traveler's Rest Y.H. several times in the past few years and not much has changed in that time. I love the location and the staff are always friendly and helpful however I felt it was lacking a bit in atmosphere this last time I stayed there - mainly because the lounge area next to the reception was closed.

Out of 3 days, we only had hot water once for the shower.

• 8th Oct 2014

Ready cosy hostel in a great location! The staff was very helpful and assisted me with a pick up service from the hostel and other organisational issues. I would for sure recommend this place.

Everything is great except bed creaks...

• 5th Oct 2014
  • China

The staff was very unfriendly. Toilets were always very clean but you could not lock the door. The showers were not always clean but still ok. Everyone had his own locker in the room. The location was very good, quiet close to the subway station in the center of Shanghai. The kitchen was really poor, no water boiler only microwave and fridge. All in all the hostel was ok but definitely not worth 120 RMB per night! But I stayed there during golden week, so maybe that's why they raised the price.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • zujewski9754

This is a great hostel with a great atmosphere. I spent a lot of time in the lounge, where there is a ping-pong table, a pool table and plenty of seating. This is also the only area to get WiFi, which kind of sucks, but it is the reason I was out so much and met so many awesome people. The location is extremely charming and close to Jing'An temple metro station. The beds were extremely comfy, which was a nice change from my normal rock-hard Chinese bed. This will be my place in Shanghai!

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel this time. The guests were all really friendly on this visit. People were having fun without disturbing others. The social area in the hostel is huge, and its roof-top patio is awesome. The employees were super helpful as always. The wi-fi, however, could have been better. I kept getting knocked out of different web-sites, even with my VPN. On a really positive note, the place is practically spotless. The maids are thorough and efficient.

Was an old towel factory Still looks like one! Lovely roof bar but we found staff unfriendly and unhelpful

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Wales

The internet connection is not very strong. I wish that there was hand soap provided in the washrooms. The staff here are friendly and very helpful! The location couldn't be better, close to 2 metro lines!

Loved the terrace bar. Met interesting people, saw a lot of fun. I was there over golden week so it was crazy expensive, everywhere in Shanghai, but this place stayed reasonable. Would stay again, have recommended it to friends.

very nice location, helpful staff, and good cleanliness.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • China

Great hostel! Huge space but quiet. They've paid attention to details that make your stay so much better (provided luggage lockers and locks, shelf and reading light by each dorm bed, very clean bathrooms and showers, friendly bilingual staff) and that are sometimes difficult to find in China! And a good location!

OK hostel, but overpriced for what you get compared to other hostels in Shanghai. The place is huge but lacks atmosphere especially in the downstairs communal area. Best are location (close to subway) and the staff are helpful and speak English.

nothing in particular, I think it's a good hostel. It's location isn't perfect, but it's convenient enough

A good hostel with very clean bathroom facilities. It is just 10-12 min walk to metro station so I found it easy to get around. I didn't particularly like the large communal area where everyone sits in silence on their phones- the atmosphere was quite unfriendly. However, that was the only bad point. The staff were really helpful in advising me how to get to all the places I wanted to visit so thank you very much for that!

Great hostel, located 10 minutes walk to Jingan Temple on line 2 (which is the line leading to the city centre), staff with great english proficency, very clean facilities. Highly recommended.

Great hostel. Conveniently located, plenty of nice cheap restaurants around, all the facilities you can ask for and a nice rooftop bar. Staff was very helpful as well.

Around of this hostel there are Hotels of three stars with lower prices so why the price?

• 26th Aug 2014