Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel

Fabulous 1941 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1941 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
3rd Feb 2017

Simple and just what I needed for the weekend. Used as a home base while I was out in the city at workshops and lectures so didn't experience much of the 'atmosphere' but was perfect for my trip. The hostel was also very quiet with it being Spring festival at the time.

2nd Feb 2017

Hotel style at hostel prices. My room was much like a standard small hotel room with a double bed. Nothing special, but clean with a very comfortable bed. The location near Jingan Temple is convenient for restaurants and subway access, although the location is a bit tricky to find the first time. I also ran into a coworker there; he said he loves it and stays there frequently. I am sure I will do likewise in the future.

28th Jan 2017

I've stayed at this hostel several times. I love almost everything about it. I'm disappointed, however, that Le Tour no longer serves food. Le Tour used to have a nice restaurant on the third floor, but it's closed, at least for now. It was really challenging finding decent places to eat in Shanghai during the week right after Chinese New Year. My favorite part of Le Tour is the patio on the third floor, right next to what used to be their restaurant. Overall great hostel still.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
26th Jan 2017

A wonderful and quiet hostel for travelers who prefer a relaxing retreat in a busy city. My family and I had private rooms and had a wonderful stay. The staff are kind and helpful and the rooms feel cozy and like "home". I plan on staying here again!

18th Nov 2016
7.1

Private double was very nice but stay in dorm room smelled foul. Great part of town to make camp although expect to be surrounded by foreigners.

10th Nov 2016

Excellent hostel, clean rooms, great location, friendly staff. Loved it!

4th Nov 2016

Excellent hostel in a cool part of the city. Staff friendly and accommodating. Sheets clean and showers hot. Great facilities. Ideal for groups

29th Oct 2016

Remove the ashtray outside. The smokers stay to close to the front door. Also ban smoking outside the upstairs bar.

• Canada, Male, 25-30
28th Oct 2016

Although my stay at Le Tour was very brief, I was thoroughly pleased with my experience. My highlights were the cozy lobby and seating area as you enter, where you could easily jump on the wifi to connect with loved ones or unwind after a long day of sightseeing, and the clean and welcoming aesthetic of the building. It felt like the perfect lodgings to stop and regroup for the night. The staff was kind and welcoming and the facilities were well maintained. A clean and comfy hidden gem.

• Malaysia, Male, 31-40
26th Oct 2016

The hostel is located in a good area, vibrant yet quiet. Restaurants & stores are within walking distance while metro station is about 800m away. However, the air is a bit stuffy for my room on ground floor. Maybe I wasn't feeling well that day, guest please check it out yourself.