Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel Reviews

Bldg. 36, 319 Jiaozhou Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China

I've stayed at other hostels in Shanghai, but I keep coming back to Le Tour. It has a nice central location but generally quiet surroundings. What's more, the employees there are fantastic, and it's super clean. The Internet connections were also super fast on this visit, and I had a fabulous lower bunk bed tucked away in a corner dorm. The guests were great this time too. I do, however, miss the breakfast buffet that the hostel used to have. Most of the restaurant items now are expensive.

I wasn't happy with this hostel, there was a group of school children staying there who were very noisy. It didn't come across as a hostel for travelers more as a hostel for schools.

Very cool hangout space with roof top and ping pong table. Definitely nice place to connect to people.

Decent hostel but temperature in the common area is way too hot.

• 8th Aug 2015

Disappointing indeed. Overall, terribly overpriced. Same price you can get a decent hotel, the super 8 hotel just 5 mins walk away offers much cheaper and better rooms. Firstly, unwelcoming staff. A girl would rather play her phone than attending to us. And another guy pretended he didn't hear my request of using membership card for discount. Secondly, almost no existing hostel atmosphere. Thirdly, bad facilities. Only one set of power points, inconvenient. Toilet makes strange sound.

This was my second time in Le Tour Travelers rest and I had again a very wonderful time in this hostel. The rooftop bar is very nice! Very cool art trees by Swedish artist Terra.

We stayed here for 2 days on a short vacation. The hotel itself was in a good location for visiting the main tourist sites in the city. The room was very clean and the air conditioning was great after a day in the sun. The staff were also very friendly and welcoming. I'm planning on going to Shanghai again next month, and I think I will stay here again!

The best youth Hostel we had during our 15 days trip in East China.

Staff was very kind and helpful!

Everything was pretty good just that for a dorm It's 100rmb that seems a bit much especially for a 10 bed dorm

Nice place,beds not ready till 4pm though!

Quite large, professional hostel in a good location. The hostel itself is in an old factory building. The building itself was left pretty much as is, while the rooms themselves are renovated very nicely (rather small though) giving the hostel a chic industrial feel. There's a nice rooftop as well. The friendly staff speak english very well. I would definitely stay here again.

paying 30 yuan for laundry along with poor wifi in rooms are two small but HIGHLY annoying features of an otherwise decent place.

The staff was very helpfull, hostel very clean

This place was kind of dingy, compared to other hostels I've stayed at in Shanghai. It's on a sketchy alleyway, although there are a lot of restaurants and convenience stores nearby. It's a little far from the subway station. The rooms themselves were not amazing, my bedding was sort of damp when I got there and the lockers make really loud noises every time you open them. The internet wasn't great either. Bathroom didn't have TP. Too expensive for value. Go to Mingtown or Rock&Wood instead. :)

Mostly Ok. Not all the staff speak english.

• 1st Jul 2015

Cleanliness seems to have improved since prior reviews as communal toilets and showers were very clean. The atmosphere was a little odd for solo travellers. In a female 6 bed dorm I was the only one who wasn't living there, and although individually the girls were all friendly they didnt seem to get along with other so well; so kind of felt like spending the holidays with a dysfunctional family. Upstairs bar is lovely but expensive (2 draft beers for 35 rmb at happy hour!) so wasn't busy.

Not a good or fun atmosphere, helpful staff. down an alleyway wouldn't have found it had we not been shown. helped with making international phone calls. not within walking distance to many main attractions but on the main metro line.

Le Tour is one of the best hostels I stayed in while living in China. The only issue I had was finding the subway station.

We stayed in a lovely little twin private room for two nights and although it poured and poured for the three days we visited Shanghai, our hostel remained a comfortable, clean spot to huddle in with other travelers away from the disgusting weather. The staff spoke excellent English and were extremely helpful in showing us how we needed to get from A to B.

« first « Prev 1 2 3