Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel Reviews

Bldg. 36, 319 Jiaozhou Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China

I'm a frequent guest at this hostel. Pros for this visit: nice roommates, friendly employees, comfortable dorm, fabulous rooftop patio, relaxing atmosphere, quiet yet convenient location away from the more insane parts of Shanghai but still close to many stores and restaurants. Major pro: The upstairs cafe employee cooked me spaghetti late at night, even though the chef had finished working several hours prior to then. Con: temperamental Internet connections. Excellent place overall.

Very nice hostel, lovely rooms, a little expensive but this to be expected seeing it was the main holidays in China.

I came to the hostel with a couple of my friends and we really enjoyed the stay. The location is very good and near a lot of bars/restaurants, but is a bit of a walk to the next subway station (about 7 mins- which is not too long, but if you go that distance back and forth several times a day it gets a bit annoying). The room was clean, the staff speak very good English and the common area is very big and definitely a good place to meet fellow travellers and hang out. Will definitely recommend.

The whole place is very clean. There is one bathroom per floor but they are kept very clean so I had no problem using them. The restaurant's food is pretty good, but rather expensive. Lots of reasonably priced places to eat nearby though. They have a good collection of books you can borrow from. The rooms are good. Power points and lights and a shelf next to each bed. Not much of an atmosphere. Pool table and ping pong and lots of seats but no real vibe. Bit expensive for what you get though

Great hostel. Cool vibe. Great staff. Perfect place for a stay in Shanghai.

Could do more to facilitate activities for hostel guests like city tours, pub crawls etc. Wifi does not work on the rooftop terrace but works well in the rest of the hostel so that was nice. Drinks are very cheap in the fridge downstairs but pretty expensive on the rooftop terrace, which does not stimulate people drinking and chilling at the hostel.

• 18th Sep 2015

BEST HOSTEL EVER... Very chill, great place to meet people, great location, loved it.

• 17th Sep 2015

Very nice hostel located in one of the best spots. quite noisy though (maybe because my room was near the staircase to the roof-bar).

It was ok. Way more expensive than what it should be.

My room was next to a petrol station, so it was a bit noisy if I wanted a lie-in. The walls are a bit thin, so I could hear people coming in early in the morning after a late one. I guess I just like a bit of peace and quiet after a day out!

• 29th Aug 2015

I've stayed at other hostels in Shanghai, but I keep coming back to Le Tour. It has a nice central location but generally quiet surroundings. What's more, the employees there are fantastic, and it's super clean. The Internet connections were also super fast on this visit, and I had a fabulous lower bunk bed tucked away in a corner dorm. The guests were great this time too. I do, however, miss the breakfast buffet that the hostel used to have. Most of the restaurant items now are expensive.

I wasn't happy with this hostel, there was a group of school children staying there who were very noisy. It didn't come across as a hostel for travelers more as a hostel for schools.

Very cool hangout space with roof top and ping pong table. Definitely nice place to connect to people.

Decent hostel but temperature in the common area is way too hot.

• 8th Aug 2015

Disappointing indeed. Overall, terribly overpriced. Same price you can get a decent hotel, the super 8 hotel just 5 mins walk away offers much cheaper and better rooms. Firstly, unwelcoming staff. A girl would rather play her phone than attending to us. And another guy pretended he didn't hear my request of using membership card for discount. Secondly, almost no existing hostel atmosphere. Thirdly, bad facilities. Only one set of power points, inconvenient. Toilet makes strange sound.

This was my second time in Le Tour Travelers rest and I had again a very wonderful time in this hostel. The rooftop bar is very nice! Very cool art trees by Swedish artist Terra.

We stayed here for 2 days on a short vacation. The hotel itself was in a good location for visiting the main tourist sites in the city. The room was very clean and the air conditioning was great after a day in the sun. The staff were also very friendly and welcoming. I'm planning on going to Shanghai again next month, and I think I will stay here again!

The best youth Hostel we had during our 15 days trip in East China.

Staff was very kind and helpful!

Everything was pretty good just that for a dorm It's 100rmb that seems a bit much especially for a 10 bed dorm

« first « Prev 1 2 3