Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel Reviews

Bldg. 36, 319 Jiaozhou Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China

As always a good stay at Le Tour though the air conditioning wasn't actually working well so a little chilly at night. I can certainly recommend this place and I will be staying there again very soon as it is very well located.

6 ppl dorm room space too small. Someone snoring too loud in the middle of the night.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

The bathrooms are freezing! Also a little hard to find. And the staff didn't seem to like being asked questions. But good location for jinan temple area.

Good hostel in a good location. Pros: Lots of nearby shops and restaurants and a 10 minute walk from the subway. Showers powerful and hot, comfy beds with decent lockers in the rooms. Great location for French Concession and other nearby attractions. Cons: Hostel is difficult to find initially as it cannot be seen from the alley entrance. Wifi was awful, no matter where you were in the building. Not great value for the money but would stay again.

The Bar was open until 1am. I was talking to my friend, eat pizza day drinks lot of beers, and I haven't seen that time was after 2am. The girl was right there just waiting for.us, never told us a word that it was time to close. I really appreciate that, I want to.say a public BIG THANKS, because it was 12 years before last time I meet this friend. So, I recommend this place with eyes closed!. They help me booking taxis, gave tourist information, they were all excellent in the attention.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • Venezuela

The hostel is clean, everything one might need is provided, the facilities are great. All in all real good value for money, would definitely stay there again if I had to go back to Shanghai.

Staff are fairly friendly, location isn't great as bit far from metro. 6 person dorms are bit too small

Good overall hostel. Maybe have a larger selection at the restaurant?

• 24th Oct 2014

Definitely this hostel is much better, nowadays than City Central Internacional; better location, more comfortable and most of all cleaner! Apart from this, wifi conecction is not good at all.

Apart from being underinformed about the way the bunkbeds were layed out (numbering wasn't clear) the stay was very pleasant. Room was okay and since we were only there one night it was fine. Clean, a little bit of a walk from the subway station but I would definitely stay there again.

• 18th Oct 2014

No wifi in rooms are a bummer. No hot water late at night.

I've stayed at Le Tour Traveler's Rest Y.H. several times in the past few years and not much has changed in that time. I love the location and the staff are always friendly and helpful however I felt it was lacking a bit in atmosphere this last time I stayed there - mainly because the lounge area next to the reception was closed.

Out of 3 days, we only had hot water once for the shower.

• 8th Oct 2014

Ready cosy hostel in a great location! The staff was very helpful and assisted me with a pick up service from the hostel and other organisational issues. I would for sure recommend this place.

Everything is great except bed creaks...

The staff was very unfriendly. Toilets were always very clean but you could not lock the door. The showers were not always clean but still ok. Everyone had his own locker in the room. The location was very good, quiet close to the subway station in the center of Shanghai. The kitchen was really poor, no water boiler only microwave and fridge. All in all the hostel was ok but definitely not worth 120 RMB per night! But I stayed there during golden week, so maybe that's why they raised the price.

This is a great hostel with a great atmosphere. I spent a lot of time in the lounge, where there is a ping-pong table, a pool table and plenty of seating. This is also the only area to get WiFi, which kind of sucks, but it is the reason I was out so much and met so many awesome people. The location is extremely charming and close to Jing'An temple metro station. The beds were extremely comfy, which was a nice change from my normal rock-hard Chinese bed. This will be my place in Shanghai!

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel this time. The guests were all really friendly on this visit. People were having fun without disturbing others. The social area in the hostel is huge, and its roof-top patio is awesome. The employees were super helpful as always. The wi-fi, however, could have been better. I kept getting knocked out of different web-sites, even with my VPN. On a really positive note, the place is practically spotless. The maids are thorough and efficient.

Was an old towel factory Still looks like one! Lovely roof bar but we found staff unfriendly and unhelpful

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Wales

The internet connection is not very strong. I wish that there was hand soap provided in the washrooms. The staff here are friendly and very helpful! The location couldn't be better, close to 2 metro lines!

« first « Prev 1 2 3