Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel Reviews

Bldg. 36, 319 Jiaozhou Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China

A good hostel with very clean bathroom facilities. It is just 10-12 min walk to metro station so I found it easy to get around. I didn't particularly like the large communal area where everyone sits in silence on their phones- the atmosphere was quite unfriendly. However, that was the only bad point. The staff were really helpful in advising me how to get to all the places I wanted to visit so thank you very much for that!

Great hostel, located 10 minutes walk to Jingan Temple on line 2 (which is the line leading to the city centre), staff with great english proficency, very clean facilities. Highly recommended.

Around of this hostel there are Hotels of three stars with lower prices so why the price?

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

Very relaxing stay this time. Nice and quiet. Perfect location away from the hustle and bustle but still somewhat central. It's my home away from home when I'm in Shanghai.

Very nice place with good common areas. I would come back ...for a 3rd time. Breakfast is good if you want western style, but costs 40rmb. However by the start of the alley, were the hostel is, there is a small local place with really nice buffet - you just point at the dishes you want. I ate breakfast here for a week and pay 10-13 rmb for 4 dishes, rice and soup.

Atmosphere and staff helpfulness score low for me, from my experience the facilities are slightly worn and the location isn't ideal either, theres a handful of other hostels in shanghai i would recommend over this one

Very big place, in the summer packed with school classes. Great "living room" with pool and table tennis and a roof top bar.

a little bit hard to find

• 18th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Unlike some reviews, I felt the location was perfect, far enough from the commotion, but close enough to all the main attractions. The private room was very nice, small, but cozy and very clean. Only improvement for the room would be at least some better variety of foreign channels (not necessarily paid ones). The staff was very helpful. We had a great time! Thanks!

Just stayed for a night and got there pretty late. It was a pain finding the place (you've gotta go down a pretty sketchy alley to find the place). The staff were pretty helpful, though. It looks like it may be a fairly nice place to set up camp if you will be staying in SH for a few days. Nice common room and the roof bar looked nice. Also, not too far from the Jing'an Temple station, which is a pretty central local to be.

Really enjoyed my stay here. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are clean. The rooftop bar/patio is a great place to relax and have a few drinks. Highly recommended if you're going to be in Shanghai.

• 4th Aug 2014

The toilet is not secure - there is no lock in the toilet.. so that everyone can open your door when you are using it. The bathroom is not clean also.. there are many black shoes' steps n hair in the bathroom. The staffs are quite good and polite. The location is a little bit far away to station and there are no restaurants nearby.

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

This is the second time I have stayed at this hostel, and just like before I thought it was a nice place to stay. The rooftop bar is nice and so are the rooms. I have stayed in both the dorms and the privates and would recommend both. The second time I stayed there the staff was much more helpful than the first time. Overall, I would stay here again (clearly I did). It has a very nice proximity to a main subway line as well.

The staff is not very Friendly, they don't try to help.

• 19th Jul 2014

Nice comfy beds (a plus in china) and a good main living room area with wifi and lots of space. Nice showers/bathroom facilities as well, and big lockers with padlocks provided. Very friendly staff, and location is near enough to the subway, yet pretty quiet. Not a very strong community atmosphere, but that may just have been the one time I stayed. Would definitely come back - great value for money.

Nice location with a dirty alley. Friendly English-speaking staff. Reasonably clean rooms. No air-conditioning in the lobby. No Wi-Fi in the rooms.

It helped that I could leave my guitar behind the counter, because it is too big for the locker. I slept very well in the dorm.

staff were pleasant but not overly helpful or friendly. The hostel is great, loved it

• 12th Jul 2014

All good, nice staff.

I like everything about the hostel but the surroundings of the hostel is not so beautiful. The internet connection should be improved.

• 10th Jul 2014