Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel

Fabulous 1954 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1954 Total Reviews

• USA, All Male Group, 25-30
19th Apr 2017

Apart from one roommate who enjoyed screaming into his phone at 3am and turning the lights on throughout the night, our stay was awesome. We stayed 3 nights and the interior courtyard garden had a relaxing waterfall sound that provided the perfect white noise. Clean lines were provided. Walking distance to several foreigner bars and coffee shops so you can be sure you won't starve to death if you can't speak Mandarin or don't have a guide. Would stay here again.

8th Apr 2017

Enjoyed stay at Le tour Traveler/s REst Youth Hostel in Shanghai - convenient location - private room adequate & comfortable although very basic but quite alright - restaurant/bar under renovation but many eateries in the area.... however missed WIFI in the room only in the lobby - lounge area - at least reception was good . The roof garden is a pleasant spot .

1st Apr 2017

Nice location in Shanghai, quiet, easy to sleep. Patio deck was closed. This is not a party~centric hostel.

• England, Male, 31-40
9th Mar 2017
7.4

Great location near bars and cafes etc. Met some cool people here, there's a pool table and common area. Cheap. Couple of points left a bad taste: wifi was weak and unreliable - would have been nice to be able to plan the next stage of my trip without walking around the hostel tying to find a strong connection. They charge fees for *everything* - paper maps, towels, and the rental bicycles needed a $200 deposit - mate, if I had $200 in my wallet I wouldn't be staying at a youth hostel!

• Canada, Female, 25-30
23rd Feb 2017

This was my first time staying in a hostel and I will admit I was reluctant to do so. But I am so glad I did. A friend recommended it to me who has stayed there a few times. The front desk staff were friendly and got me checked in quickly. The rooms were clean, towels fresh as was the linen and the staff even helped me with directions (thanks Shirley). The location is perfect, its literally a 12 min walk to the downtown core, Mr. Pancake House and Fat Cow are a must to eat at, both are nearby.

• England, Male, 18-24
3rd Feb 2017

Simple and just what I needed for the weekend. Used as a home base while I was out in the city at workshops and lectures so didn't experience much of the 'atmosphere' but was perfect for my trip. The hostel was also very quiet with it being Spring festival at the time.

2nd Feb 2017

Hotel style at hostel prices. My room was much like a standard small hotel room with a double bed. Nothing special, but clean with a very comfortable bed. The location near Jingan Temple is convenient for restaurants and subway access, although the location is a bit tricky to find the first time. I also ran into a coworker there; he said he loves it and stays there frequently. I am sure I will do likewise in the future.

28th Jan 2017

I've stayed at this hostel several times. I love almost everything about it. I'm disappointed, however, that Le Tour no longer serves food. Le Tour used to have a nice restaurant on the third floor, but it's closed, at least for now. It was really challenging finding decent places to eat in Shanghai during the week right after Chinese New Year. My favorite part of Le Tour is the patio on the third floor, right next to what used to be their restaurant. Overall great hostel still.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
26th Jan 2017

A wonderful and quiet hostel for travelers who prefer a relaxing retreat in a busy city. My family and I had private rooms and had a wonderful stay. The staff are kind and helpful and the rooms feel cozy and like "home". I plan on staying here again!

18th Nov 2016
7.1

Private double was very nice but stay in dorm room smelled foul. Great part of town to make camp although expect to be surrounded by foreigners.