Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel Reviews

Bldg. 36, 319 Jiaozhou Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China

The directions to the hostel don't mention the dark alley you have to walk down or the proximity to massage parlors. Don't choose this hostel if you want a quiet night as the guests were very loud late at night and early in the morning. The night staff were very helpful but the day staff were indifferent at best.

The hostel is designed pretty cool and it's definetly a great place to stay. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. Breakfast is a bit overpriced for the food you get, but there are plenty of other good breakfast options around the hostel. Also it's quite a walk from/to the subway station, so that can be a bit annoying after wandering around in the city centre all day. Anyway, I think it's a good hostel and the rooftop bar is a great place to have a drink and chill out.

a nice hostel that's not too far from a metro station which is only a few stops from the Bund.

Staying at Le Tour in Shanghai was my first ever hostel experience, and I was definitely spoilt for my money! At £9 p/n for a dorm, its easy to find, a stroll away from the main line 2 subway (Jing'An Temple) and in a safe area. I really loved my stay here, everything from the convenience, to the handy library of travel guides behind reception, to the superb and accomodating staff. My first impressions of Shanghai were excellent thanks to Le Tour! I will definitely be back!

The real hermit lives downtown:) I do like the location of Le Tour. Special design, nice staff, table tennis in the lobby, everything's awesome, I had a great time here. Thanks!

Stayed in a private room and had nothing to complain about. The roof top area was nice & the bar area was nice and comfortable. Location is excellent, right near the french concession are which we really enjoyed. Would recommend to anyone planning to stay in Shanghai.

I had a private room with my girlfriend. Very clean, provided soap and body wash and towels. Decent roof bar, not so great alcohol selections though. Location isn't too bad, the dark alley you gotta walk down to get there is a bit sketchy and smelly. The staff speaks good English and seemed to be very helpful. I don't bring my hard copy passport out with me so I brought paper copies. They want to see the passport page, the visa and the entrance stamp. Overall, would recommend and come back.

i paid 120rmb for one bed in a 6beds dorm room coz it was one of Chinese national holidays. so i cannot say this is great. the toilet isnt great; location is ok

the dormitory look like jail, it's not difficult to put a table for example; moreover, the beds were very dirty below the bedsheet (hairs, stains...) and the shower and toilet were always dirty and should be cleaned really more often!

This was my first time staying here and was very impressed with it. The staff at reception were friendly, patient and helpful, very welcome after a long trip and arriving late. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Toilet flushed and the shower had hot water with pressure (both are deal breakers for me). Great funky roof top terrace to chill out on with good WiFi and reading material. Breakfast was a bit simple for the price but okay. I definitely recommend this hostel to other travelers.

The location is excellent, and the staff is very nice. There were no lockers in the dorm rooms, and you could hear the noise from the street. Overall I would recommend.

Very clean accommodations and great value for money! I checked in late at night, and the staff didn't explain how to access linens and the lockers. However, I asked another guest and figure it out easily! Staying here made my stay in Shanghai very enjoyable and easy!

• 28th Mar 2015

The hostel has rules that they actually enforce, but they're there to protect visitors and keep everything clean. The location is pretty great: in Jing'an, which is pretty nice and not as noisy as other districts of downtown Shanghai. The staff were friendly and very helpful in giving good directions. The hostel does have several residents who work and sleep at odd hours though. But I would still stay another time.

Very clean, quiet place, with all basic necessities. Wifi in lobby/first floor only. We stayed 2 nights and don't have any complaints!

• 3rd Mar 2015

I was pleased to see that the computer room is open again. I missed that area when it was closed. The hostel is super clean, and the employees are generally friendly. The restaurant on the third floor is really cozy. Most of the food there is reasonably priced as well. I do, however, miss the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet. Unfortunately, the dorms are a bit overpriced for both Shanghai and China. There are definitely better deals to be had. It's still a great hostel, though.

Already had a couple of stays in this hostel (double room & dormitory). Whenever I am in Shanghai, this is my number one choice. Quality service, good price, prime location. Thumps up :-)

• 17th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

It was great! I enjoyed my stay immensely! The staff was great and knowledgable and very helpful. The facility was very clean and was exactly as pictured on your site. They didn't have a great amount of info about the city in brochures, maps, ect. I had trouble canceling my first nights reservation as my flight was delayed but I got it worked out once I did arrive at the hostel with no problems.

• 16th Feb 2015

I loved staying here, in a quieter part of Shanghai but in a good way and short walk to the subway which meant getting everywhere very easy. Chilled out vibe, cool rooftop garden cafe/bar upstairs, great dumpling restaurants just around the corner. Would highly recommend.

Great place to stay and wonderful staff! They helped and made my visit memorable.

I stayed here for almost 2 weeks through the Chinese New Year. Nice vibe, big hostel, good rooftop cafe, clean. Beyond the showers that were either scalding hot or freezing cold, this was a pretty good stay. The lockers are big enough for a small suitcase and they don't mind if you put your own lock on, although a key lock is provided. I only wish there was a heated public space where outside food and drink could be eaten.