Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel Reviews

Bldg. 36, 319 Jiaozhou Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China

Le Tour is a great place to stay. it's clean, safe, accessible, very well located, not expensive and the staff is quick and very helpful. When I go to SH I always stay at Le Tour.

Lovey Hostel. Its really big compared to a lot of other hostels in Shanghai. So there is more space,nice common room wifi is excellent, bathrooms are clean and 24 Hrs hot water !! The lockers in the room are new and they provide good locks making it really safe. Lots of options around to eat local Chinese food and many other restaurants and cafes around. Post office and Railway ticket booking office are just a 5 minute walk away.

I've stayed at this hostel several times in the past 5 months, and it has really gone downhill. The Internet connection on the hostel's computers has never been good, but I couldn't use the Internet at all during my last visit there. That's just not acceptable. I finally had to ask one of the employees at the front desk to please check my emails for me. The hostel also constantly runs out of toilet paper in the men's restroom. Finally, the quality of guests ranges from awesome to wretched.

I and two others, all I'm our 60's recently shared a private room with shower. The room was clean, well provisioned, reasonable size and quiet at night. The hostel has many public areas for relaxing and meeting people Including a nice rooftop bar. It is well located for walking to many popular places. Recommended.

A large group of 35 loud, obnoxious, and disrespectful Americans basically took over the hostel. When I complained 2 nights in a row at 4 am for them being drunk and loud in the hallways I was told the owner knew about it and there was nothing they could do (I assume because they were booked for 7 days and they didn't want to lose the money. They should have thrown them out and maintained the integrity of their hostel. I loved Shanghai but I would never stay at this hostel again!

This place is my go-to for Shanghai. Really the location is great, the rooms are clean and the showers/bathrooms aren't bad at all. Their rates are good and though the food at their rooftop bar isn't excellent, it's a nice place to be. Their wifi is good, I've not had any problems with it any of the 3 times so far I've stayed there.

• 30th Dec 2013

The hostel has a great location. The staff is horrible. The rooms are freezing but the heaters work well enough. The rooftop bar and location makes this place worth the money and the stay. Their breakfast is over-priced, so eat somewhere else.

ideal location to be stayed and highly recommended!!

I would love to stay here again! Great place and everyone does what they can to help you with everything.

• 18th Dec 2013

Well located hostel in Jian Temple area on line 2 of the metro. Good atmosphere and bilingual staff at the entrance..

• 1st Dec 2013

All good I enjoyed my stay there. A bit quiet when i visited so breakfast time was a little lonely but I imagine when it is busy the bar would be buzzing. Great location.

The beds and the blankets were comfy and warm.

• 30th Nov 2013

Very cold in the rooms! Difficult to get the heater on high enough. The roof bar was very nice though & it had a cool atmosphere.

The people who works at the hostel were very kind and helpful.

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • Argentina

Le Tour Traveler's Youth Hostel is a good hostel in Shanghai. It is not directly downtown but close to most major sights. Little shops, restaurants and massage places are around. The subway stop Anjing Temple is in about 15 min walking distance. The hostel is very clean and offers all kind of services/facilities you can wish for. Internet usage is free but most other services cost. And: THERE IS A PINGPONG TABLE! (note: the airports are easy to reach by subway if you know your terminal number!)

One of the better hostels out there - great staff, super clean linens, bathrooms and common areas; beautiful terrace and walking distance to great shops and restaurants. Loved this place!

• 13th Nov 2013

This Hostel is a good place to get chilled. There is a TV-room with dvd's, a pool table, table-tennis facilities and computers. Everything to get chill. The only thing that bothered me a bit was the fact that it was quit a walk to the subway (Jin'An Temple) and compare to other hostels a bit more expensive. I do get that though, because the facilities are great. If you go for a planned trip this hostel is good. I was more hopping out, and back in the hostel, which made the distance inconvenient.

It was ok. Have had better hostels for less Money in China. Rooms were very small. But Location was Great, only one mtr Station away from Main roads and sights.

Very good adress in shanghai. Clean, cheap and welcoming personnel.

warm and profesionnal staff ! good experience here. i recommand it with no limits

• 1st Nov 2013