Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel Reviews

Bldg. 36, 319 Jiaozhou Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China

This was my first time staying here and was very impressed with it. The staff at reception were friendly, patient and helpful, very welcome after a long trip and arriving late. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Toilet flushed and the shower had hot water with pressure (both are deal breakers for me). Great funky roof top terrace to chill out on with good WiFi and reading material. Breakfast was a bit simple for the price but okay. I definitely recommend this hostel to other travelers.

The location is excellent, and the staff is very nice. There were no lockers in the dorm rooms, and you could hear the noise from the street. Overall I would recommend.

Very clean accommodations and great value for money! I checked in late at night, and the staff didn't explain how to access linens and the lockers. However, I asked another guest and figure it out easily! Staying here made my stay in Shanghai very enjoyable and easy!

• 28th Mar 2015

The hostel has rules that they actually enforce, but they're there to protect visitors and keep everything clean. The location is pretty great: in Jing'an, which is pretty nice and not as noisy as other districts of downtown Shanghai. The staff were friendly and very helpful in giving good directions. The hostel does have several residents who work and sleep at odd hours though. But I would still stay another time.

Very clean, quiet place, with all basic necessities. Wifi in lobby/first floor only. We stayed 2 nights and don't have any complaints!

• 3rd Mar 2015

I was pleased to see that the computer room is open again. I missed that area when it was closed. The hostel is super clean, and the employees are generally friendly. The restaurant on the third floor is really cozy. Most of the food there is reasonably priced as well. I do, however, miss the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet. Unfortunately, the dorms are a bit overpriced for both Shanghai and China. There are definitely better deals to be had. It's still a great hostel, though.

Already had a couple of stays in this hostel (double room & dormitory). Whenever I am in Shanghai, this is my number one choice. Quality service, good price, prime location. Thumps up :-)

• 17th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

It was great! I enjoyed my stay immensely! The staff was great and knowledgable and very helpful. The facility was very clean and was exactly as pictured on your site. They didn't have a great amount of info about the city in brochures, maps, ect. I had trouble canceling my first nights reservation as my flight was delayed but I got it worked out once I did arrive at the hostel with no problems.

• 16th Feb 2015

I loved staying here, in a quieter part of Shanghai but in a good way and short walk to the subway which meant getting everywhere very easy. Chilled out vibe, cool rooftop garden cafe/bar upstairs, great dumpling restaurants just around the corner. Would highly recommend.

Great place to stay and wonderful staff! They helped and made my visit memorable.

I stayed here for almost 2 weeks through the Chinese New Year. Nice vibe, big hostel, good rooftop cafe, clean. Beyond the showers that were either scalding hot or freezing cold, this was a pretty good stay. The lockers are big enough for a small suitcase and they don't mind if you put your own lock on, although a key lock is provided. I only wish there was a heated public space where outside food and drink could be eaten.

LeTour was not only clean and extremely friendly, but also unique with a lot of character like wooden furniture and a rooftop bar. Had a great stay and look forward to staying again soon.

It was a very clean hostel and had an interesting and cool atmosphere.

Lovely rooftop bar area. The location is quite good near Jin'an Temple and about 10 minutes walk from the subway)

The staff was very friendly and had a good command of the English language. It is not very hard to find, but tucked away in ally, I got a little lost finding it, but it was late and I was tired. Very safe location. The internet was painfully slow. Overall this was a great hostel for some R&R and enjoying a quieter neighbourhood of Shanghai. Not the most social atmosphere, if you are looking for a party hostel I would stay somewhere else. This one was beautiful and relaxing though.

• 1st Jan 2015

10mins walk from the next metro station, nice place.

The place is well located from metro and very close from French concession and East Nanjing road by cab as well in case you are tired to take metro. Cans are quite inexpensive in Shanghai. But Internet is bad in the room , barely works and you have to be either in the bar or reception area for the wifi, which turns out to be very cold place in winters. The bar is a bit of downer as you can barely eat there and very little choice of alcohol and they won't accept credit cards.

The overall stay was pretty good. The location was close to a metro station and lots of amenities. The rooms were pretty basic and clean. I stayed there in winter time, and the rooms are heated by an air con system. A bit of a problem if you don't know how to work a chinese air con remote control! So the rooms were pretty cold unless you left the system on all the time. Also wifi was hard to get in the rooms.

• 24th Dec 2014

The hot water in our private room barely worked and we were having semi cold showers. They did not provide any maps of the area and since google maps is blocked and Bing maps suck and Baidu maps are all in Chinese, this made of very hard to get around. The location is average at best it's a little bit of a hike from the train station

• 24th Dec 2014

Hostel is nice and clean. Wifi only worked in reception which was freezing but dorm was nice and warm. Bar one member of staff who helped me book trains, the rest of the staff are terrible. Unhelpful, unfriendly and extremely rude.