Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel Reviews

Bldg. 36, 319 Jiaozhou Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China

The staff was very helpfull, hostel very clean

This place was kind of dingy, compared to other hostels I've stayed at in Shanghai. It's on a sketchy alleyway, although there are a lot of restaurants and convenience stores nearby. It's a little far from the subway station. The rooms themselves were not amazing, my bedding was sort of damp when I got there and the lockers make really loud noises every time you open them. The internet wasn't great either. Bathroom didn't have TP. Too expensive for value. Go to Mingtown or Rock&Wood instead. :)

Mostly Ok. Not all the staff speak english.

• 1st Jul 2015

Cleanliness seems to have improved since prior reviews as communal toilets and showers were very clean. The atmosphere was a little odd for solo travellers. In a female 6 bed dorm I was the only one who wasn't living there, and although individually the girls were all friendly they didnt seem to get along with other so well; so kind of felt like spending the holidays with a dysfunctional family. Upstairs bar is lovely but expensive (2 draft beers for 35 rmb at happy hour!) so wasn't busy.

Not a good or fun atmosphere, helpful staff. down an alleyway wouldn't have found it had we not been shown. helped with making international phone calls. not within walking distance to many main attractions but on the main metro line.

Le Tour is one of the best hostels I stayed in while living in China. The only issue I had was finding the subway station.

We stayed in a lovely little twin private room for two nights and although it poured and poured for the three days we visited Shanghai, our hostel remained a comfortable, clean spot to huddle in with other travelers away from the disgusting weather. The staff spoke excellent English and were extremely helpful in showing us how we needed to get from A to B.

Very good hostel, would recommend.

Pleasant hostel down a dodgy looking alleyway not far from the metro station. The staff are friendly and the communal areas are really good. The wifi is intermittent and only available in the common areas. The toilets and showers are kept clean. Lockers are massive and easily fit your backpack, beds are comfy and the beer is cheap! Enjoyed my stay.

The location is great, but everything else is pretty average. I don't think it offers very good value for money - having just checked in at Rock and Wood hostel (which is costing me 75 yuan per night instead of the 110 at Le Tour, bumped up over the bank holiday weekend), this becomes even more evident. The staff were OK but not particularly warm/ friendly. The atmosphere and decor of the hostel was a bit clinical, and the bathrooms didn't appear to be cleaned very often. A bit dissapointing.

I'm a frequent guest at this hostel. I really enjoyed my stay this time. I found the atmosphere to be nice and mellow on this visit.

Large hostel tucked away in an alley about 2 blocks north of Jing'an Temple (and metro station). If it wasn't for another hostelworld reviewer mentioning having to go through an alley to find the hostel, I probably would have never been able to find it. Less of a social hostel and more for people looking for somewhere to rest at night. Dorms are standard, with a key-card entry. Be warned of the large lockers - although nice for storage, they can be quit noisy at night! Shared bathrooms clean.

The location was great, a 15 minute walk from Jing'An temple down tree lined streets. Restaurants, banks and shops nearby. I was only there for the weekend but I would go back when i visit Shanghai again.

The hostel was very nice and very clean. After a busy day in Shanghai the rooftop bar was a welcome respite!

• 26th May 2015

Quaint, cozy, and comfortable are good descriptors for Le Tour Hostel - Shanghai. We liked our room, enjoyed the terrace bar in the evening and for breakfast the next day and the location was close to the venues we had to visit so we never needed a taxi and could take the nmetro to the other locations elsewhere. We'll be back in a few weeks for another visit to Shanghai and look forward to seeing the friendly competent staff again. Jeff Lynn & Sarah-Kate Hawkins 19/05/2015

In general, the hostel was good - one member of the staff helped me a lot with the public transport from the airport. However, instead of a room for six as booked, they put me into a room for 10. Please don't use numbers in the online booking system that you cannot provide...

I have been staying at this hostel for over two years and every-time I go there the wifi never works. It rarely works in the rooms if at all, there is always some trouble logging in and at busy times you can not log in at all. For me that is a problem as I need to do business from my laptop. Also I would avoid eating in the bar as the food is tasteless and expensive especially when there are so many good places to eat locally.

I stayed here before and liked the area very much. The staff is nice, but the atmosphere of the hostel somehow is not very inviting. They have a beautiful roof terrace, though.

Our reservation wasn't in their computer when we arrived (thanks Hostelworld!), but the front desk was very accommodating. The location is great and the facility was clean. Good WiFi through the building. I would recommend this hostel highly if you want to stay near the French Concession but contact them directly.

We stayed in a double room, it had everything you expect, plus towels and soap, nice. The room was very clean. My second stay, I would recommend it.