Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel Reviews

Bldg. 36, 319 Jiaozhou Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China

The location of this hostel is perfect. This place is worth it for the location alone. However it is very pricey for not much else. The prices keep going up too. if you are staying in a double room you are better off staying in a hotel. For the dorms there is no wifi in the rooms and the shower room is only cleaned once in the morning and by night is atrocious and covered in hair. The wifi in the common areas is very slow. I realize China internet sucks in general but even more so here.

The instructions for getting to the hostel are out of date for the trains. Since the new station opened many trains arrive there and the subway is the easiest way to get to the hostel. Their current instructions are still based on arriving at Shanghai station and are very confusing, and incorrect, when you arrive at the new one.

• 11th May 2014

Great! I have stayed here a few times and will stay here again. Great location and great staff.

What a great place! We were very pleased with our choice. We had the basic double room which was very clean and actually nicer than we expected. It's a really neat old building and we loved the rooftop garden and bar/eating area. Quite the hidden gem! We are in our 50's so weren't sure if we would be out of place in a "youth" hostel, but we didn't feel that way at all. Staff was always extremely helpful and their English was excellent. It's only 3 or 4 blocks to the closest subway station.

• 7th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Enjoyed our stay and will use this hostel again.

The rooms and facilities are nice. The hotel is too far from the subway station. Avoid the breakfast, it is really poor.

The location isnt very good. Its quite far from the next metro station and not central. I think the price is a bit high for what you get and the staff wasnt too friendly. At least it was very clean and if you leave your luggage after check out, its quite safe.

• 25th Apr 2014

The staff has been very helpful, the location and the roof bar and terrace ( for breakfast or for a drink) were great. I was with friends and we all had a nice stay.

• 24th Apr 2014

Really enjoyed staying here for a couple of nights. Great location right in the middle of a very walkable, wander-able area of shanghai. They've also got a nice roof-top terrace and garden- a very peaceful place for a morning cup of coffee.

My wife and i stayed in the queen room. It was a bit too pricey for a hostel and for what you received because we had to pay per person for the queen room. We later found hotels in shanghai which were significantly cheaper for a better room. Other than that it was a very cool and fun place to stay! The roof bar was great! Free wifi definitely helped us because our cells didnt work on he chinese network. Overall a good experience.

• 21st Apr 2014

I stayed in a double room; all I needed was there: bathroom, desk, kettle. Great bar and terrasse on the roof. The only problem was the sound insulation: from my room I could hear everything going on in the corridor and in the other rooms...

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Bulgaria

Good, clean hostel not too far from Metro. Staff helpful and able to do bookings.

Great roof deck, decent (not free) breakfast. Helpful staff. Rooms OK- lots of chipped paint in my room.

Location is good, close to subway and surrounded by several local restaurants. If you just look for a hostel, in convenient in location and not expensive, this is the correct choice. But beside that I would not stay again as I did not like the room (only a small window) and the wall and ceiling of a lot of rooms were very wet.

We really enjoyed our stay, very convenient that the private rooms come with towels and even shampoo/shower gel. The location is good, right on the intersection between 2 subway lines and close to the French Concession. The room was very nice, comfortable beds and very clean. Will definitely stay there next time I'm in Shanghai.

Location isn't the best. Good atmosphere, great place to meet other travelers.

Daniel was especially helpful. I highly recommend this hostel. Seemingly pretty standard for Chinese hostels, no kitchen to cook your food, but I'm a street food person while here in China so it was fine. Stay at Le Tour and you'll be quite happy.

The hostel staffs speak english well, bed is comfortable, clean room, wifi is ok, close to shops to get instant food, great accommodation for backpackers with light luggages because of the long stairs from Jiaozhou rd entrance to the hostel. There is no kitchen for cooking but hot water is available for instant noodles and coffee, good locker.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

I was only in for a quick and early night. Hostel was quite quiet, but looked like it could be fantastic with the right crowd. All staff were very helpful and friendly. Will come again!

I thought this hostel was great; though I wasn't impressed that they changed the rate for the room I was staying in, during the day on my last day. so after I'd paid for the room some days before upfront at their reception, they took the difference out of my deposit when I left! I was appalled!

• 3rd Apr 2014