Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel Reviews

Bldg. 36, 319 Jiaozhou Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China

I have been staying at this hostel for over two years and every-time I go there the wifi never works. It rarely works in the rooms if at all, there is always some trouble logging in and at busy times you can not log in at all. For me that is a problem as I need to do business from my laptop. Also I would avoid eating in the bar as the food is tasteless and expensive especially when there are so many good places to eat locally.

I stayed here before and liked the area very much. The staff is nice, but the atmosphere of the hostel somehow is not very inviting. They have a beautiful roof terrace, though.

Our reservation wasn't in their computer when we arrived (thanks Hostelworld!), but the front desk was very accommodating. The location is great and the facility was clean. Good WiFi through the building. I would recommend this hostel highly if you want to stay near the French Concession but contact them directly.

We stayed in a double room, it had everything you expect, plus towels and soap, nice. The room was very clean. My second stay, I would recommend it.

Wonderful in every way--exceeded expectations.

• 1st May 2015

I enjoyed my stay here very much. It was clean, warm and the front desk staff was very nice. The location is absolutely beautiful. I look forward to staying there again

• 1st May 2015

The price hurts the value for this average run-of-the-mill hostel but my options were limited. Bathrooms and beds aren't super but they will suffice. WiFi only works in the common area too. Atmosphere isn't particularly vibrant as groups tend to keep to themselves but the staff is nice and helpful. It's a couple long blocks away from subway stops but only two stations away from the central area around People's Square. Not a bad option if you're in a bind but there's better out there.

Lovelly hostel near the center of town. Beds were large, clean and comfortable. The bathrooms were also some of the best we've seen in China- the showers were especially good. All the staff were kind and helpful.

Great Kitsch Decoration. Nice computer room and love the rooftop bar and the wifi is great.

• 26th Apr 2015

Really enjoyed our stay here. Wished it could have been longer.

The directions to the hostel don't mention the dark alley you have to walk down or the proximity to massage parlors. Don't choose this hostel if you want a quiet night as the guests were very loud late at night and early in the morning. The night staff were very helpful but the day staff were indifferent at best.

The hostel is designed pretty cool and it's definetly a great place to stay. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. Breakfast is a bit overpriced for the food you get, but there are plenty of other good breakfast options around the hostel. Also it's quite a walk from/to the subway station, so that can be a bit annoying after wandering around in the city centre all day. Anyway, I think it's a good hostel and the rooftop bar is a great place to have a drink and chill out.

a nice hostel that's not too far from a metro station which is only a few stops from the Bund.

Staying at Le Tour in Shanghai was my first ever hostel experience, and I was definitely spoilt for my money! At £9 p/n for a dorm, its easy to find, a stroll away from the main line 2 subway (Jing'An Temple) and in a safe area. I really loved my stay here, everything from the convenience, to the handy library of travel guides behind reception, to the superb and accomodating staff. My first impressions of Shanghai were excellent thanks to Le Tour! I will definitely be back!

The real hermit lives downtown:) I do like the location of Le Tour. Special design, nice staff, table tennis in the lobby, everything's awesome, I had a great time here. Thanks!

Stayed in a private room and had nothing to complain about. The roof top area was nice & the bar area was nice and comfortable. Location is excellent, right near the french concession are which we really enjoyed. Would recommend to anyone planning to stay in Shanghai.

I had a private room with my girlfriend. Very clean, provided soap and body wash and towels. Decent roof bar, not so great alcohol selections though. Location isn't too bad, the dark alley you gotta walk down to get there is a bit sketchy and smelly. The staff speaks good English and seemed to be very helpful. I don't bring my hard copy passport out with me so I brought paper copies. They want to see the passport page, the visa and the entrance stamp. Overall, would recommend and come back.

i paid 120rmb for one bed in a 6beds dorm room coz it was one of Chinese national holidays. so i cannot say this is great. the toilet isnt great; location is ok

the dormitory look like jail, it's not difficult to put a table for example; moreover, the beds were very dirty below the bedsheet (hairs, stains...) and the shower and toilet were always dirty and should be cleaned really more often!

This was my first time staying here and was very impressed with it. The staff at reception were friendly, patient and helpful, very welcome after a long trip and arriving late. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Toilet flushed and the shower had hot water with pressure (both are deal breakers for me). Great funky roof top terrace to chill out on with good WiFi and reading material. Breakfast was a bit simple for the price but okay. I definitely recommend this hostel to other travelers.