Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel Reviews

Bldg. 36, 319 Jiaozhou Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China

Enjoyed our stay and will use this hostel again.

The rooms and facilities are nice. The hotel is too far from the subway station. Avoid the breakfast, it is really poor.

The location isnt very good. Its quite far from the next metro station and not central. I think the price is a bit high for what you get and the staff wasnt too friendly. At least it was very clean and if you leave your luggage after check out, its quite safe.

• 25th Apr 2014

The staff has been very helpful, the location and the roof bar and terrace ( for breakfast or for a drink) were great. I was with friends and we all had a nice stay.

• 24th Apr 2014

Really enjoyed staying here for a couple of nights. Great location right in the middle of a very walkable, wander-able area of shanghai. They've also got a nice roof-top terrace and garden- a very peaceful place for a morning cup of coffee.

My wife and i stayed in the queen room. It was a bit too pricey for a hostel and for what you received because we had to pay per person for the queen room. We later found hotels in shanghai which were significantly cheaper for a better room. Other than that it was a very cool and fun place to stay! The roof bar was great! Free wifi definitely helped us because our cells didnt work on he chinese network. Overall a good experience.

• 21st Apr 2014

I stayed in a double room; all I needed was there: bathroom, desk, kettle. Great bar and terrasse on the roof. The only problem was the sound insulation: from my room I could hear everything going on in the corridor and in the other rooms...

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Bulgaria

Good, clean hostel not too far from Metro. Staff helpful and able to do bookings.

Great roof deck, decent (not free) breakfast. Helpful staff. Rooms OK- lots of chipped paint in my room.

Location is good, close to subway and surrounded by several local restaurants. If you just look for a hostel, in convenient in location and not expensive, this is the correct choice. But beside that I would not stay again as I did not like the room (only a small window) and the wall and ceiling of a lot of rooms were very wet.

We really enjoyed our stay, very convenient that the private rooms come with towels and even shampoo/shower gel. The location is good, right on the intersection between 2 subway lines and close to the French Concession. The room was very nice, comfortable beds and very clean. Will definitely stay there next time I'm in Shanghai.

Location isn't the best. Good atmosphere, great place to meet other travelers.

Daniel was especially helpful. I highly recommend this hostel. Seemingly pretty standard for Chinese hostels, no kitchen to cook your food, but I'm a street food person while here in China so it was fine. Stay at Le Tour and you'll be quite happy.

The hostel staffs speak english well, bed is comfortable, clean room, wifi is ok, close to shops to get instant food, great accommodation for backpackers with light luggages because of the long stairs from Jiaozhou rd entrance to the hostel. There is no kitchen for cooking but hot water is available for instant noodles and coffee, good locker.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

I was only in for a quick and early night. Hostel was quite quiet, but looked like it could be fantastic with the right crowd. All staff were very helpful and friendly. Will come again!

I thought this hostel was great; though I wasn't impressed that they changed the rate for the room I was staying in, during the day on my last day. so after I'd paid for the room some days before upfront at their reception, they took the difference out of my deposit when I left! I was appalled!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Excellent location and clean hostel, I asked for a tour to Suzhou and was told they didn't know of any but the next day I looked at their wall and there in plain sight they offered tours so the reception staff doesn't seem to know what is going on. Would come back again.

Finding the hostel was a crime! Only wifi in the common room, which also didn't work most of the time. They have a nice rooftopbar but then again you can not bring any food/drinks in from your own. One night after staying inside for a couple of hours we were even asked to buy a drink (which we kindly refused). The staff is kind but unfortunately their english is really poor (tried to find a way to Suzhou by either bus or train, didn't work out). But overall it's a good stay.

Very helpful staff, clean, and lively.

This was our first stay at a youth hostel. Staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable and the shower was hot. Would definitely recommend this hostel.hostel.