Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel Reviews

Bldg. 36, 319 Jiaozhou Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China

The location is excellent, and the staff is very nice. There were no lockers in the dorm rooms, and you could hear the noise from the street. Overall I would recommend.

Very clean accommodations and great value for money! I checked in late at night, and the staff didn't explain how to access linens and the lockers. However, I asked another guest and figure it out easily! Staying here made my stay in Shanghai very enjoyable and easy!

• 28th Mar 2015

The hostel has rules that they actually enforce, but they're there to protect visitors and keep everything clean. The location is pretty great: in Jing'an, which is pretty nice and not as noisy as other districts of downtown Shanghai. The staff were friendly and very helpful in giving good directions. The hostel does have several residents who work and sleep at odd hours though. But I would still stay another time.

Very clean, quiet place, with all basic necessities. Wifi in lobby/first floor only. We stayed 2 nights and don't have any complaints!

• 3rd Mar 2015

I was pleased to see that the computer room is open again. I missed that area when it was closed. The hostel is super clean, and the employees are generally friendly. The restaurant on the third floor is really cozy. Most of the food there is reasonably priced as well. I do, however, miss the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet. Unfortunately, the dorms are a bit overpriced for both Shanghai and China. There are definitely better deals to be had. It's still a great hostel, though.

Already had a couple of stays in this hostel (double room & dormitory). Whenever I am in Shanghai, this is my number one choice. Quality service, good price, prime location. Thumps up :-)

• 17th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

It was great! I enjoyed my stay immensely! The staff was great and knowledgable and very helpful. The facility was very clean and was exactly as pictured on your site. They didn't have a great amount of info about the city in brochures, maps, ect. I had trouble canceling my first nights reservation as my flight was delayed but I got it worked out once I did arrive at the hostel with no problems.

• 16th Feb 2015

I loved staying here, in a quieter part of Shanghai but in a good way and short walk to the subway which meant getting everywhere very easy. Chilled out vibe, cool rooftop garden cafe/bar upstairs, great dumpling restaurants just around the corner. Would highly recommend.

Great place to stay and wonderful staff! They helped and made my visit memorable.

I stayed here for almost 2 weeks through the Chinese New Year. Nice vibe, big hostel, good rooftop cafe, clean. Beyond the showers that were either scalding hot or freezing cold, this was a pretty good stay. The lockers are big enough for a small suitcase and they don't mind if you put your own lock on, although a key lock is provided. I only wish there was a heated public space where outside food and drink could be eaten.

LeTour was not only clean and extremely friendly, but also unique with a lot of character like wooden furniture and a rooftop bar. Had a great stay and look forward to staying again soon.

1 2 3 Next » last »