Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel Reviews

Bldg. 36, 319 Jiaozhou Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China

I thought this hostel was great; though I wasn't impressed that they changed the rate for the room I was staying in, during the day on my last day. so after I'd paid for the room some days before upfront at their reception, they took the difference out of my deposit when I left! I was appalled!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Excellent location and clean hostel, I asked for a tour to Suzhou and was told they didn't know of any but the next day I looked at their wall and there in plain sight they offered tours so the reception staff doesn't seem to know what is going on. Would come back again.

Finding the hostel was a crime! Only wifi in the common room, which also didn't work most of the time. They have a nice rooftopbar but then again you can not bring any food/drinks in from your own. One night after staying inside for a couple of hours we were even asked to buy a drink (which we kindly refused). The staff is kind but unfortunately their english is really poor (tried to find a way to Suzhou by either bus or train, didn't work out). But overall it's a good stay.

Very helpful staff, clean, and lively.

This was our first stay at a youth hostel. Staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable and the shower was hot. Would definitely recommend this hostel.hostel.

A perfect place to stay - great value, and location is perfect for taking subway on the central line. Apparently breakfast not great, but you can easily find yummy bread, fruit or cheap baozi (dumpling buns) from street stalls nearby. All other aspects just perfect. We were in a dorm and also very impressed by how clean the hostel was.

Good location, it's a 10 minute walk max to line 2 which has both airports and most major sights on it however it is hard to find being hidden in the laneway with no sign on the street. Close to good street food and 24 hour mini marts etc. 20 min walk to a large supermarket. Sheets changed after checkout. The bottom floor is cold because it doesn't see sunlight and the floor is concrete, wifi is only available in the lobby or at the roof top bar where you must purchase something to stay inside.

This is agreat little hostel, well located with good facilities and helpful staff. I have stayed there a few times now and always find myself booking again the next time I am in Shanghai.

My regular place to stay when I am in Shanghai. 500-600 metres from Jing An metro station in a nice parf of Shanghai. Rooms are comfy and clean. Staff are pleasant and efficient. Will be back there again soon.

The WiFi connection is really good; the RMB200 deposit for the router is a no brainer; beats using the LAN. Security is a little of a concern; this is the second trip when the locks on the door was spoiled. Generally, staff are helpful and pleasant except for one young lady (short-haired and duty one night) who was really rude. Lots of local, value-for-money eateries around the corner.

I had a much better experience at this hostel this time than I did during my last visit there. Their computers were all working nicely this time, everything was well maintained, and the place was really relaxing. Yes!

The staff was lazy and unhelpful. Every chance the hostel had to nickel and dime their guests they took full advantage. They charged 60 quai to wash and dry laundry and did not fold it. Further the rooms are not heated so we had to sleep in all of our clothes.

First it was a little hard to find the hostel, because its hidden in a small street. But once you find it you will appreciate it very much. I liked the atmosphere and the stuff was nice. I also appreciated the lockers and the really clean bed sheets and blankets. I just stayed for one night but if I visit Shanghai again I will definitly book again in this hostel.

Nice place, good location. Only problem we had was with the noise coming from hall & other rooms, walls are too thin. Apart from that, place was ok.

Very confortable and cosy room.

A nice, quiet place. I will stay here again if in Shanghai. Wifi good

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

The staff was particularly kind and helpful!

1 2 3 Next » last »