Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel Reviews

Bldg. 36, 319 Jiaozhou Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China

The location is great, but everything else is pretty average. I don't think it offers very good value for money - having just checked in at Rock and Wood hostel (which is costing me 75 yuan per night instead of the 110 at Le Tour, bumped up over the bank holiday weekend), this becomes even more evident. The staff were OK but not particularly warm/ friendly. The atmosphere and decor of the hostel was a bit clinical, and the bathrooms didn't appear to be cleaned very often. A bit dissapointing.

I'm a frequent guest at this hostel. I really enjoyed my stay this time. I found the atmosphere to be nice and mellow on this visit.

Large hostel tucked away in an alley about 2 blocks north of Jing'an Temple (and metro station). If it wasn't for another hostelworld reviewer mentioning having to go through an alley to find the hostel, I probably would have never been able to find it. Less of a social hostel and more for people looking for somewhere to rest at night. Dorms are standard, with a key-card entry. Be warned of the large lockers - although nice for storage, they can be quit noisy at night! Shared bathrooms clean.

The location was great, a 15 minute walk from Jing'An temple down tree lined streets. Restaurants, banks and shops nearby. I was only there for the weekend but I would go back when i visit Shanghai again.

1 2 3 Next » last »