Le Tour Traveler's Rest Youth Hostel Reviews

Bldg. 36, 319 Jiaozhou Road, JingAn District, Shanghai, China

The hostel is designed pretty cool and it's definetly a great place to stay. The rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. Breakfast is a bit overpriced for the food you get, but there are plenty of other good breakfast options around the hostel. Also it's quite a walk from/to the subway station, so that can be a bit annoying after wandering around in the city centre all day. Anyway, I think it's a good hostel and the rooftop bar is a great place to have a drink and chill out.

a nice hostel that's not too far from a metro station which is only a few stops from the Bund.

Staying at Le Tour in Shanghai was my first ever hostel experience, and I was definitely spoilt for my money! At £9 p/n for a dorm, its easy to find, a stroll away from the main line 2 subway (Jing'An Temple) and in a safe area. I really loved my stay here, everything from the convenience, to the handy library of travel guides behind reception, to the superb and accomodating staff. My first impressions of Shanghai were excellent thanks to Le Tour! I will definitely be back!

The real hermit lives downtown:) I do like the location of Le Tour. Special design, nice staff, table tennis in the lobby, everything's awesome, I had a great time here. Thanks!

Stayed in a private room and had nothing to complain about. The roof top area was nice & the bar area was nice and comfortable. Location is excellent, right near the french concession are which we really enjoyed. Would recommend to anyone planning to stay in Shanghai.

I had a private room with my girlfriend. Very clean, provided soap and body wash and towels. Decent roof bar, not so great alcohol selections though. Location isn't too bad, the dark alley you gotta walk down to get there is a bit sketchy and smelly. The staff speaks good English and seemed to be very helpful. I don't bring my hard copy passport out with me so I brought paper copies. They want to see the passport page, the visa and the entrance stamp. Overall, would recommend and come back.

i paid 120rmb for one bed in a 6beds dorm room coz it was one of Chinese national holidays. so i cannot say this is great. the toilet isnt great; location is ok

the dormitory look like jail, it's not difficult to put a table for example; moreover, the beds were very dirty below the bedsheet (hairs, stains...) and the shower and toilet were always dirty and should be cleaned really more often!

This was my first time staying here and was very impressed with it. The staff at reception were friendly, patient and helpful, very welcome after a long trip and arriving late. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Toilet flushed and the shower had hot water with pressure (both are deal breakers for me). Great funky roof top terrace to chill out on with good WiFi and reading material. Breakfast was a bit simple for the price but okay. I definitely recommend this hostel to other travelers.

The location is excellent, and the staff is very nice. There were no lockers in the dorm rooms, and you could hear the noise from the street. Overall I would recommend.

Very clean accommodations and great value for money! I checked in late at night, and the staff didn't explain how to access linens and the lockers. However, I asked another guest and figure it out easily! Staying here made my stay in Shanghai very enjoyable and easy!

• 28th Mar 2015

The hostel has rules that they actually enforce, but they're there to protect visitors and keep everything clean. The location is pretty great: in Jing'an, which is pretty nice and not as noisy as other districts of downtown Shanghai. The staff were friendly and very helpful in giving good directions. The hostel does have several residents who work and sleep at odd hours though. But I would still stay another time.

Very clean, quiet place, with all basic necessities. Wifi in lobby/first floor only. We stayed 2 nights and don't have any complaints!

• 3rd Mar 2015