Le Village Boutique Hostel Reviews

20 Rue d'Orsel, 75018 Paris, Paris, France

The wi-fi wasn't very good (anywhere) and could only be used in the reception area (barely). Other than that a pretty nice hostel!

3 mature ladies sharing a 3 bed private. Room good had a set of bunks and a single bed. Problem with who could reach the top bed. Bathroom good. 2 things we noted to staff. Light bulb not bright enough to light the room and the shower could do with a new shower head. Other than that our stay was fantastic. Staff excellent, location excellent facilities excellent and felt a really safe area.

Nothing special. The hostel is close to the Anvers metro and the sacre couer. The receptionist was friendly enough but there was another receptionist who was extremely rude, arrogant, sarcastic - to the point of being simply unhelpful. If this is your first time in Paris I'd recommend staying in a better location.

First day:the light in my room was not working,I asked the staff 3 times and nothing happened!Second day, I extended the contract for that day, 9am, I paid and all was fine. I went to visit some places and when I came back I opened my room and there was nothing mine there! Someone took it! I talked to the staff and after 15 min they found it, but a few things missing. I talked to the manager(that was *really rude and impolite), and don't even said sorry about what happened.my worse experience

• 4th Feb 2014

Some staff needs to changer they mind, the rest was perfect

nice hostel with nice people, really recommending that hostel for students and young people especially

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

Staff and location is good. However, the lobby is extremely small and uncomfortable. The fatal point is there is no Wifi inside the room and only available in the lobby. The Internet signal is weak. I think I wont choose a hostel without Wifi at room.

Great location, with excellent staff and perfect atmosphere to make friends and have fun.

• 27th Jan 2014

Staff very helpful, awesome breakfast. I only had two problems with this hostel. I stayed in a 4 mixed bedroom on the first floor and the shower was not fixed on the wall, so I had to hold it with my hands. The other problem was the breakfast on my second day there. It was supposed to end at 9:30 am I went there 9:00 am and it had no bread, coffee, and hot milk left. But despite that I would definitely go back to this hostel.

• 24th Jan 2014

I really wanted to like this hostel. But there were some basic things that I disliked about the hostel. They consistently ran out of food for breakfast. Breakfast was open from 7:30 to 9:30 and featured a decent spread (croissants, baguettes, cereal, various drinks), but by 9 a.m. much of the food was gone. I also wished that wifi was available in the rooms. This is supposedly to create a social lobby atmosphere, but it resulted in a crowded area where everyone was trying to check Facebook.

The wifi is bad during busy time. But everything in this hostel is good :)

It was a terrible stay, I don't want to say it was the hostel's fault but it could have been easily avoided if they had been much more strict on certain other guests. There was a group of Drunk Australians harassing all the guests especially the girls. Yes, people like to party abroad, but that wasn't partying anymore. They kept taking people's phones or iPads away from them meanwhile the guy at the reception was just ignoring them while the rest of the guests were angry and uncomfortable.

I was only there for one night so I can't say too much about the hostel's atmosphere, etc, but I can say that it was a rather uncomfortable stay (bed wise) ... However I did feel hostel choices in Paris were limited. Having said that, I did have a more pleasant stay elsewhere for the remainder of my trip.

• 16th Jan 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Le Village. The staff were very helpful when I was trying to research and book my next destinations. The kitchen and common area were good and the breakfast was great!

I couldn't ask for a better hostel! I already had a few bad experiences in an hostel in Paris but Le Village was awesome! Good breakfast (for free - and with the nicest lady!), great staff, awesome location (2 steps from the metro, view to the Sacre Coeur), free wifi, clean rooms (with clean bathrooms), clean kitchen - with a bar on the next door (with partys at friday night) and great to meet people. When I come back to Paris I will stay here again!

thought this was a v good hostel. stayed in winter in a private double. comfortable, clean and warm, and staff were really good and friendly. relatively well situated too. wasn't full at the time, as middle of winter so expected, but suspect the summer months it would be popular and likely would be lots of fun with a bar and roof terrace. would definitely stay again...

The location is very good, the staff is very friendly and the hostel's atmosphere was unique :)

We were 3 girls staying at Le Village hostel in January, and could not have had a better experience. The facilities are not amazing but for what you are paying it works. The included breakfast was delicious and the perfect start for a day of sightseeing. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Le Village hostel had a great atmosphere and it was really easy to meet people. With a view of the Sacre-Coeur and a metro not even 5 minutes away, Le Village hostel completed our Parisian experience.

• 8th Jan 2014

I had a great time at the Village hostel.The staff is great.I could enjoy much of Paris.Metro stop is very close.

Take care if you reserveted a double room and the staff offer you to change to the apartment, cause the one we got had a cough and a mattres at the ceiling...