Le Village Boutique Hostel Reviews

20 Rue d'Orsel, 75018 Paris, Paris, France

The atmosphere is great and if your are brazilian or like, it will be better, because there were a lot. My only issues its about the wifi, which need to acess a page to put name and password, and sometimes I couldn't acess that, so I couldn't use the internet, and the own staff adivesed that wifi didn't work in the rooms. The another issue its about room, we didn't have a wardrobe. The best was the breakfast, really full of foods,and tre croissants was really good! It's a good place to stay.

• 17th Jun 2014

More expensive than I was hoping to pay for a hostel but the staff and facilities are quite good. Helpful staff, great breakfast and a good atmosphere to meet other travellers.

This hostel is located at the Sacred Heart Cathedral tourist area and is very near to the train station. There are lots of shops and restaurants nearby. The hostel room is very clean and spacious and the receptionist and other staffs are very friendly and helpful to customers. There is breakfast provided and it is good tasty food and drinks every morning before going out to tour Paris. The common area comprise both indoor and outdoor, so there are lots of opportunity to meet and make friends.

This was actually one of my favorite hostels, rooms were nice, terrace is great and the breakfast was basic but good enough. It was my second time in Paris, and if there is a next time I do not think I will stay in the Montmartre area (if I can afford to avoid it).

Wifi wasn't available in the rooms (and I got a BS excuse on why--it would have been VERY convenient to have wifi in the rooms) but my wifi in the lobby didn't connect at all after the first day, very poor quality. Door to the shower room didn't close. Suspicion that pillow cases are not regularly laundered. Otherwise, food was good and luggage storage was helpful. Good breakfast. Slightly frustrating experience but decent overall.

We booked a ten person dorm and ended up in a four person room. I was okay with less people being in my room, but it would've been nice to know. My friend emailed about a week before to request the three of us be put in the same room. She was told we would be, but when we arrived we were in two different rooms. Our room was not even connected to the main hostel, and we had to walk down a sketchy alley to get to our door. The wifi was slow and we couldn't even always connect, and no wifi in rooms

• 13th Jun 2014

We had a four-person private room on the fourth floor. Room was great... very clean

I stayed here for just one night. The free breakfast was good! Internet was spotty upstairs but worked well downstairs. The location was great. Easy to get to and fairly close to things around Montmartre, which is my favorite part of paris right now. The place itself is pretty hip looking and the security is great (slide keys for access). My first night the guy working the counter gave me great tips for places to eat in the area! I had some really good onion soup. Standard bunkbed setup.

Had some troubles with our reservation. We had to wait almost an hour before everything was settled, the staff was pretty helpful though. Location-wise great, good value for money, but nothing too special.

• 11th Jun 2014

I recently returned to Paris and stayed at Le Village for the second time. The first time I came I stayed in a dorm (in winter) and this time I returned with my girlfriend and we rented a private room. First of all, the room was lovely. Very clean, cosy, private bathroom and amazing view - you can literally see Sacre-coeur. The last time that I came, the dorm was also great. The deck was great and we were able to meet cool people and have drinks and relax there. One of the best hostels around

Location is very close to the Train station and Sacre coure. The rooms were nice and clean, and the common area was always lively and had cooking facilities!! There is a roof top area which is nice at night to lay around. It was hard to find at first from the direction they give on the homepage. As for location there is a metro stop 3 min from the front door. At night, the area does have a lot pickpockets, because the sunset is really nice from our location. Be careful after dark!!

I stayed here for three nights in a female 4-person dorm. Very close to the metro and the Sacre Coeur, which you can see from the terrace upstairs. Clean, cozy and convenient with friendly staff. Good value for money.

• 7th Jun 2014

This hostel is really not worth the investment. Facilities are old and outdated. Staff is not very accommodating and sometimes even a little sassy toward their paying customers. Atmosphere was also a little dull for a backpacker hostel - everyone just sits in the lobby and uses their cell phones and doesn't talk - very odd. After a few days here I decided to pack up and move somewhere else and found that St. Christopher's had the atmosphere and cleanliness I was looking for.

Good hostel, would recommend. Turned up early in the morning to drop my bags off and they let me have breakfast that morning which was much appreciated!! Great location for those wanting to see the sun go down up on the hill by Sacre Coeur!

I enjoyed my stay here very much; great staff and fun people. The only issue I had there was that they overbooked my room (putting five people in a four bedroom dorm) which I opted to move to another room (they did give me a free beer out of it so I was content). Other than that the place was great! They also have guitars for anyone to play if they would like!

Best staff and best location. Loved it.

We had a brilliant stay! Would definitely recommend to friends and would love to come back! Thank you for your excellent service.

Great staff, most helpful and friendly. Free lockers and breakfast. Had received bad comments about neighborhood but didn't have any problems at all, felt quite safe and actually liked the area. Would definitely stay again.

Nice private room, view, bathroom, and patio. Wifi was weak and I couldn't use it unless I left my room and obtained a code. Atmosphere was dead.

the beer is pretty expensive