Le Village Boutique Hostel Reviews

20 Rue d'Orsel, 75018 Paris, Paris, France

Wifi wasn't available in the rooms (and I got a BS excuse on why--it would have been VERY convenient to have wifi in the rooms) but my wifi in the lobby didn't connect at all after the first day, very poor quality. Door to the shower room didn't close. Suspicion that pillow cases are not regularly laundered. Otherwise, food was good and luggage storage was helpful. Good breakfast. Slightly frustrating experience but decent overall.

We booked a ten person dorm and ended up in a four person room. I was okay with less people being in my room, but it would've been nice to know. My friend emailed about a week before to request the three of us be put in the same room. She was told we would be, but when we arrived we were in two different rooms. Our room was not even connected to the main hostel, and we had to walk down a sketchy alley to get to our door. The wifi was slow and we couldn't even always connect, and no wifi in rooms

• 13th Jun 2014

We had a four-person private room on the fourth floor. Room was great... very clean

I stayed here for just one night. The free breakfast was good! Internet was spotty upstairs but worked well downstairs. The location was great. Easy to get to and fairly close to things around Montmartre, which is my favorite part of paris right now. The place itself is pretty hip looking and the security is great (slide keys for access). My first night the guy working the counter gave me great tips for places to eat in the area! I had some really good onion soup. Standard bunkbed setup.

Had some troubles with our reservation. We had to wait almost an hour before everything was settled, the staff was pretty helpful though. Location-wise great, good value for money, but nothing too special.

• 11th Jun 2014

I recently returned to Paris and stayed at Le Village for the second time. The first time I came I stayed in a dorm (in winter) and this time I returned with my girlfriend and we rented a private room. First of all, the room was lovely. Very clean, cosy, private bathroom and amazing view - you can literally see Sacre-coeur. The last time that I came, the dorm was also great. The deck was great and we were able to meet cool people and have drinks and relax there. One of the best hostels around

Location is very close to the Train station and Sacre coure. The rooms were nice and clean, and the common area was always lively and had cooking facilities!! There is a roof top area which is nice at night to lay around. It was hard to find at first from the direction they give on the homepage. As for location there is a metro stop 3 min from the front door. At night, the area does have a lot pickpockets, because the sunset is really nice from our location. Be careful after dark!!

I stayed here for three nights in a female 4-person dorm. Very close to the metro and the Sacre Coeur, which you can see from the terrace upstairs. Clean, cozy and convenient with friendly staff. Good value for money.

• 7th Jun 2014

This hostel is really not worth the investment. Facilities are old and outdated. Staff is not very accommodating and sometimes even a little sassy toward their paying customers. Atmosphere was also a little dull for a backpacker hostel - everyone just sits in the lobby and uses their cell phones and doesn't talk - very odd. After a few days here I decided to pack up and move somewhere else and found that St. Christopher's had the atmosphere and cleanliness I was looking for.

Good hostel, would recommend. Turned up early in the morning to drop my bags off and they let me have breakfast that morning which was much appreciated!! Great location for those wanting to see the sun go down up on the hill by Sacre Coeur!

I enjoyed my stay here very much; great staff and fun people. The only issue I had there was that they overbooked my room (putting five people in a four bedroom dorm) which I opted to move to another room (they did give me a free beer out of it so I was content). Other than that the place was great! They also have guitars for anyone to play if they would like!

Best staff and best location. Loved it.

We had a brilliant stay! Would definitely recommend to friends and would love to come back! Thank you for your excellent service.

Great staff, most helpful and friendly. Free lockers and breakfast. Had received bad comments about neighborhood but didn't have any problems at all, felt quite safe and actually liked the area. Would definitely stay again.

Nice private room, view, bathroom, and patio. Wifi was weak and I couldn't use it unless I left my room and obtained a code. Atmosphere was dead.

the beer is pretty expensive

Staff was friendly and the location was excellent ( Sacre Couer and metro were close to the hostel ). The free breakfast was nice and the room had its own toilet and shower. Me and my girlfriend would recommend this hostel :)

• 23rd May 2014
  • Finland

The hostel itself was nice, but there is no longer a bar! Also, the barbed wire on the patio fence

• 19th May 2014

Great hostel! A bit pricey, but then again- every hostel in Paris is. Really fun atmosphere and lots of cool people staying there. The people that work there are super nice and helpful too; I spent around 30 minutes looking at a map with one guy as he patiently told me all the best places to go to and gave insider tips. Feels pretty secure too as you have to have a key card to get to the bedroom areas. Breakfast is included but it's pretty simple. Wifi is only accessible in the main area.

Really nice hostel! Loved my stay. To be honest I was slightly worried about my stay in Paris as I'd heard the horror stories. This hostel was a little pricey but it was well worth it. Great lockers for your valuables, a nice terrace and helpful staff. Not hard to get to either which is a bonus for the backpacker!