Le Village Boutique Hostel Reviews

20 Rue d'Orsel, 75018 Paris, Paris, France

I was there on the 15-19th and 22-24th of the March. The location of the hostel is very close to the metro station Anvers and to Sacre-Coeur! The breakfast is usual for France (sereals, mik, juce, tea/coffe/cacao, fresh croissant, jam, butter, baget). The stuff is helpful and nice!) The wifi can be very slow when everybody is connected) There is a kitchen, locker box, luggage storage. The facilities can be improved a bit, but in general I liked it! Will recommed this hostel!

My friends and I stayed in a private four bed room, and we had a beautiful view overlooking a church on top of the hill! One of the better views you can get with hostel. Breakfast was included with fresh croissants and great orange juice and coffee. The kitchen lady was very jolly and friendly. On the downside, the washroom was quite small and hard to shower in. The location feels a bit sketchy at night, but otherwise pretty good!

Great funky little hostel. I was nervous about location, after passing a dozen or more s£x shops on my way there. After a bit it becomes part of character of the place....and far too many police in the streets for much trouble to come of it. Very close to Gare du Nord and Gare du l'Est for those planning side-trips to outlying villages (I highly recommend you do so!!!). Clean and friendly place. Nice touch that most of my room-mates, during 6 nights stay, were also Canadian.

• 9th Mar 2014

Definitely a nice hostel to stay in-- good location, staff was nice (very attractive receptionist when I was there, plus for me!), and has a nice common room. Only problem for me was that my room was right above the common room, so I heard loud music through the floor starting at about 7am and ending around 1am. But it also meant I had wifi in my room, so "win some and lose some''... Thanks for a good stay :)

The hostel itself is good but the service isn't great. The girl at reception is lazy, rude and not helpful at all. The other members of staff especially the catering staff are nice. We were given a room with a tiny sofa as a bed for 2 people. No heating in the room apart from a little electrical radiator. Still it's ok in comparison to the rude manners of the reception girl.

Nice hostel. I stayed in a 6 bed room and it was large, had nice beds. Staff could be nicer though. It has a bar, and a separate common area. Kitchen is good. The only thing i can complain was the wifi connection, but nothing serius. Breakfast is quite good.

Thought the hostel is not in the center of Paris exactly, you can reach easily everywhere by subway. It is really close to Anvers station so we didn't have any problem to find it. My only complain is that you have to pay extra to use the computers. The breakfast served at morning is great!

The stay was very nice. Very friendly staff and sufficient breakfast. It was also good, that we had a 4-people dorm, instead of of the larger dorm we booked. I would recommend this hostel!

First of all the hostel is at a prime location: in viewing distance of la sacre coeur and only a short walk from Anvers/Pigalle metro station. The Internet was rubbish. It's better to have one password for the WiFi instead of little pieces of paper. Besides this the lift was out of order :( Nevertheless it was a great stay and an excellent value for money. I highly recommend eating at Miroir restaurant and buying your croissants and your baguettes at la flute de pain: both in Montmartre as well.

• 14th Feb 2014

very good

I spent several nights and the location is excellent you can easily go to sacre coeur and everwhere by subway the staff was very polite the only thing to be improved is the wireless signal that sometimes was slow

Friendly staff, nice location and the breakfast was good! The problem was that the lift didn't - just once- and I stayed on the 4th floor! The wifi doesn't work very well, even in the first floor.

The wi-fi wasn't very good (anywhere) and could only be used in the reception area (barely). Other than that a pretty nice hostel!

3 mature ladies sharing a 3 bed private. Room good had a set of bunks and a single bed. Problem with who could reach the top bed. Bathroom good. 2 things we noted to staff. Light bulb not bright enough to light the room and the shower could do with a new shower head. Other than that our stay was fantastic. Staff excellent, location excellent facilities excellent and felt a really safe area.

Nothing special. The hostel is close to the Anvers metro and the sacre couer. The receptionist was friendly enough but there was another receptionist who was extremely rude, arrogant, sarcastic - to the point of being simply unhelpful. If this is your first time in Paris I'd recommend staying in a better location.

First day:the light in my room was not working,I asked the staff 3 times and nothing happened!Second day, I extended the contract for that day, 9am, I paid and all was fine. I went to visit some places and when I came back I opened my room and there was nothing mine there! Someone took it! I talked to the staff and after 15 min they found it, but a few things missing. I talked to the manager(that was *really rude and impolite), and don't even said sorry about what happened.my worse experience

• 4th Feb 2014

Some staff needs to changer they mind, the rest was perfect

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »