Le Village Guesthouse Melaka Reviews

39 Plaza Mahkota, Jalan PM 4, Melaka, Malaysia

To book a room at this hostel is no good idea. When I came there the receptionist let me wait for quite a while and then told me that his boss has forgotten the passwort for "booking", so I cannot have the room I booked. But I still should pay the money... eventhought I have to stay in a worse room. The water of the showers doesn't work, wifi doen't exist most of the time, there is no free breakfast, no tea and whatever they say in there descripiton. Staff is quite rude..

• 19th Feb 2015

- Wifi is almost nonexistent + 10min walk from Jonker street + Opposite the street is cheap Indian restaurant

The kitchen was very basic but usable , not too clean and we had to wait along time untill the person in charge was available

Pro's: good location, bus station,town centre is easy accessible on foot. Welcoming and friendly receptionist. Con's: bathroom facilities are not clean, rotten doors, small ants,cockroaches. Room was very basic, bed, fan, plugin, thats all. Smoking (local) people in the communal area, disgusting. Overall not really a place to meet travellers from all over the world.If you can lower your expectations regarding cleanliness to minimum, that's ok. Otherwise stay at a nicer place with more atmopshere

The highlight was the staff, a nice host and an even nicer manager. Both help, whenever they can. 10 min walk to center.

View all Melaka Bed and Breakfasts