Le Village Guesthouse Melaka Reviews

39 Plaza Mahkota, Jalan PM 4, Melaka, Malaysia

It was not what I expected but I really liked it in the end. The manager was very nice and helped us whenever we had a question. It was very quiet in the hostel due to not many people staying there but also the atmosphere was just inviting you to take it slow and easy. It's not a place to party but if you are looking for a place to enjoy the silence and to take a break from everthing (as well as to save some money) I can recommend going there.

• 21st May 2015

I have been to tens of hostels around the world. This one appears to be the shabbiest and uncleanest I have ever been to. The owner is a a**hole who overbooked the hostel at a peak time and disappeared himself leaving an incompetent staff. From what I saw, the rooms looked like slums. Disgraceful to the backpackers who do book this hostel.

basic hostel, but perfect for the price.... the dorm room is really big, with 4 windows, so it is really light during the day, and with a nice breeze at night time. it is not the cleanest place, but, again, good enough for the price. It has a kitchen, with a fridge where you can storage your grocery, and it has a new oven. there are no lockers, or key; nothing ever happened (we left our luggage for a few days, for free, while we were out of the city). location: great, 5 min walk to everywhere

The guy from bangladesh (I am sorry, but I forgot the name), who runs the hostel is a great and very friendly person. The room was very cheap and I was feeling very comortable there. The area is amazing, because it is more relaxed and there are good restaurants close by. You can walk to all major attractions. I would recommend this hostel without a doubt!

To book a room at this hostel is no good idea. When I came there the receptionist let me wait for quite a while and then told me that his boss has forgotten the passwort for "booking", so I cannot have the room I booked. But I still should pay the money... eventhought I have to stay in a worse room. The water of the showers doesn't work, wifi doen't exist most of the time, there is no free breakfast, no tea and whatever they say in there descripiton. Staff is quite rude..

• 19th Feb 2015

- Wifi is almost nonexistent + 10min walk from Jonker street + Opposite the street is cheap Indian restaurant

View all Melaka Bed and Breakfasts