Le Village Hostel Montmartre Reviews

20 Rue d'Orsel, 75018 Paris, Paris, France

Nice hostel,the studio below basic. Sofa beds only . Nice staff though .

I did not a good sense to the hostel location at all, in the early morning when we arrived too many homeless people were sleeping in the street near the hostel and I was so disappointing but when I got the key we saw really clean and comfortable room. staff were helpful and friendly and the best point also was the wire less network.

While this hostel was on the edge of a really dodgy part of Paris, the hostel did a great job making you feel safe. Upon my arrival, they provided my dad and I two free beers and two free shots at the bar next door. We had an ensuit room but there was no handsoap in the bathroom. The hostel was pretty clean and comfortable, a bit loud at night but that also means it is in a popular area. The staff were extremely helpful, make sure you have directions to the hostel before you set out.

Dear Guest, We're happy to read we make you feel secure and well prepared for your trip in Paris. The area is a bit "Boheme" but it doesn't mean it's insecure. We don't provide handsoap in the dormitory unfortunately, but the closest supermarket is at only 1min walk. We hope to see you soon. Travel safe and take care

The location is perfect but the Staff were not that nice, just one of them helped me, the other were quite rude, and they do not even let a friend of mine go to the toilet

• 24th May 2015
  • Spain

Dear Guest, We regret that your stay was not what you've expected. For safety reason we don't allow any person from outside the hostel to come in the dormitories quarter. We 'll hope to see you again and we will welcome you with our best care for your next stay. Take Care

nice little hostel. cool backpackers bar next door. typical hostel, nothing very special but i'd definiteley recommend it to my friends if visiting paris. i liked the free welcome beer & shot at the bar=)=)

One of our beds was cleaned up and taken by someone else, and the front desk wasn't entirely helpful to fix the situation although they were very nice. Also, there was no soap in the bathrooms.

Very nice place! Good location, people, and wifi. Would stay there again

Great. Good location.

Had an awesome stay here! First hostel experience and the staff were so helpful and kind. Only had one bad experience with one staff member because I guess we were being loud outside saying goodbye to our friends but we didn't realize and instead of coming outside to ask us to be quieter he just said he was gonna call the cops if we didn't leave... so that was rude. So be very quiet outside once the bar closes or else they'll just call the cops on you.

The rooms are too congested; there aren't enough power sockets and the bathroom/toilets were too small.

My friend & I stayed here for 5 nights and it was a positive experience! The rooms/ common area were kept clean, nice terrace area to chill out, hostel bar next door is a good place to have a drink. Overall, staff was warm and helpful (except for one man who worked the night shift on 22/5 and was pretty condescending and unpleasant). Complaints:kitchen was lacking basics that usually accumulate from other travelers (oil, salt, pepper) & wasteful breakfast service-- plastic cups, plates & bowls.

Great atmosphere, friendly staff!

• 18th May 2015

The hostel was not in a great area; at least it did not appear to be. It was very small - both the office area, dining area and room itself. I am also EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED that what I was told was a deposit for my room was a FEE kept by Hostelworld. It was not applied to my room So I lost $16 for nothing. Next time I will book direct with the hostel. Hostelworld should have explained that the deposit was a fee, NOT a deposit at all - and I would not have booked through htem.

• 16th May 2015

I had a really great time here. The area east of the hostel is a bit sketchy at night, but it was fine at the hostel. There are several metro stations within walking distance. The rooms and kitchen were quite clean (4/5) and the staff and visitors here were very friendly. The breakfast was good for being free, too. I would stay here again.

The Village was very nice a friendly. Really easy to meet people. Although the kitchen is small, it is still super convenient to make something for dinner, especially with the supermarket across the street. The area of the city is pretty touristy, but it is easy enough to get out of and the metro is a very short walk away. There was a bit of an older crowd there when I stayed, lots of good stories.

Overall a great hostel. I was surprised at how clean and modern the bathrooms were (of course not really really nice, but better than other places I've stayed in). I like their 4-bed dorm strategy, less people in each room meant more sleep and more time to get to know your roommate.

• 13th May 2015

this has been my fourth time staying at this hostel and it gets better and better every year. if I'm ever back in Paris. Will definitely be back

Located in one of my favorite parts of Paris: Montmartre, this hostel met my expectations for a pleasurable stay. It's about six blocks from Gare du Nord. (The directions said to take a left from the station, but it's actually a right and it's about six blocks up Dunkerque.) The staff was pleasant and the morning breakfast with daily croissants was filling enough to keep me walking the city without food for several hours.

Great place for a quick stay in Paris! Rooms are nice, clean, and comfy beds. Breakfast is yummy, woukd stay here again!

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We`re so happy to read that you loved your stay with us! We`re glad you found our front desk staff to be friendly and helpful, we try our best to help out our guests as much as possible. Thank for the breakfast we know is the most important meal of the day. Thank you again & Take care!!!

Cute little hostel in old Paris. Most of the staff were spectacular to deal with (great restaurant recommendations, very helpful in general) but a select few were not the best to deal with.

• 1st May 2015