Le Village Hostel Montmartre Reviews

20 Rue d'Orsel, 75018 Paris, Paris, France

One of my better hostel experiences in Paris. The welcome drinks facilitated my meeting people and making friends as a single traveler. The staff was really outgoing and there was a kitchen and a cute terrace. Wifi and free luggage storage, and prime real estate just steps away from Sacre-Coeur. Will stay again

Couple of great things about this hostel - it's very close to the metro, which enables you to get anywhere in Paris pretty quickly. They also have an affiliated bar next door, which is lots of fun!! The hostel also gives you a free shot and free glass of wine/beer there. Major downside is the beds. The beds are so uncomfortable that I had a headache the entire time in Paris and my back is still messed up several days later. Terrible, terrible beds.

Close to the metro, grocery, and Sacre Coure. The staff was really nice and I was able to extend my stay there easily. Rooms are spacious as well. Paris is a safe city if a traveller can handle herself/himself by practicing caution at all times. :) thanks to the people working at the hostel, they were all really cool and accommodating.

The staff were incredibly helpful & friendly! I was able to store my bags, when I arrived early, was given a map/directions/advice and useful tips, some breakfast & a much needed coffee after my journey.. Really made the difference, compared to most hostel experiences :D also I was quite happy with the room and facilities (especially the lift: with my uber heavy suitcase).

The location was the best thing that this hostel has it. The environment is quite good and the staff were always at your disposition

The staff were exceptional, free breakfast, free wifi, free welcome alcohol, I stayed at three different hostels in three different cities and I know that Le Village was the absolute best one.

The hostel was great. Breakfast is included and is really good, and completed with coffee, juices, and croissant, also bread... The cleaning was good. The only drawback i should add is that the neighbourhood was not the best one, only at night. I don't feel really safe when i had to come back to the hostel at night. But during the day is a good place, next to de Sacre Coeur with lots of souvenirs shops and a good atmosphere.

I really enjoyed my stay, and it has a wonderful environment to meet new people.

Good location. Safe. Can see the sacre coeur from the first floor terrace :) Clean. Good staff. Free breakfast and coffee. Wifi connectivity was available in the room even though they said it wouldn't be ! A bit expensive but still good. A 2 minute walk to the sacre coeur ! Lots of places to eat nearby. Near Barbes Rochechouart metro. Also pigalle and moulin rouge are 15 mins away ! A typical area with lots of immigrants which I like. Recommended.

I felt really at home at this hostel. It was a nice atmosphere and all of the staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was good. Thank you!

We had a bad experience staying at Le Village because of the area it is in. Later on a tour, we learned that this area is actually very close, if not a little bit apart of, the red light district. We would be sitting at dinner and see men trying to get people to buy their items off the street, only to then steal the persons wallet or money. The actual hostel itself wasn't terrible, but the location was something that pretty much ruined our trip to Paris.

• 13th Aug 2015

Great hostel, great location, great atmosphere. Do not use the lockers in the rooms, because ours were broken into. Use the ones near the front desk. Otherwise great stay.

Bathrooms and rooms are clean. Hostel is a little far from the city center but it is super close to the metro.

Great location, within 5 minutes walk from Pigalle metro station, 2 minutes from Sacré-Coeur! Bunk beds were super comfy, not so squeaky too! We booked a 8 person room and were pleasantly surprised by only having 4 in our room. Good bar downstairs, reasonably priced for Paris. Would definitely book again!

The staff member who cleans up and organises the breakfast he is rather rude and doesn't do much apart from play his phone. Doesn't speak to people very nicely if at all. Place is good location but not very social

The location of the hostel is amazing just below Sacre-Coeur, and very close to the underground station, also very close to grocery stores and a few restaurants. The staff was great but the manager seemed always pissed and rude at times. The worst was the toilet that smelled like aged urine, which despite the daily cleaning still smelled really bad. Very uncomfortable to go.

Great little hostel in a beautiful location! Friendly staff, nice balcony and free breakfast!

I couldn't think of bad thing say about hostelhostel if I tried. The location is right the subway, every of the staff was friendly and helpful, the room was very comfortable, and the terrace was great for meeting new friends. I would recommend this hostel to anyone interested in staying in Paris.

Staff were super friendly and helpful. The atmosphere there was great and was really easy to meet new people. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 6th Aug 2015

Had a really good time there. The rooms were clean and so were the bathrooms. The pub next door was a great way to meet fellow travelers as well as locals. The free breakfast was a nice addition to the trip! Would recommend and would visit there again!