Le Village Hostel Montmartre Reviews

20 Rue d'Orsel, 75018 Paris, Paris, France

Great place, great staff, great in general. Would definitely recommend!

Dear Guest Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We greatly appreciate your kind comments about our hotel and our service. We always love reading about our guests enjoying their stay with us!. Thank you again and we look forward to your future visits with us. Take Care...

In some places Parisians are thought to be austere and isolated as a group. The staff at Le Village Hostel are delightfully the exception that disprove that rule. Every ONE went out of their way to see that my (very brief/one night) stay was as comfortable as it could possibly be. The location could not be more romantically ideal. I was upgraded from an 8 to a 4 bedroom suite (very clean), slept peacefully and the breakfast was divine. This is another reason to LOVE Paris. I will be back.

Dear guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with the Hostelworld community. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also thrilled the staff was able to assist you during your stay with us. We are glad that the room was clean we try to better than better. Thanks for the view of the sacré coeur is the best of paris. See you next time. Take Care OLivier

The hostel is located near various shops and cafes, is a block away from the metro and about a 10-15 minute walk from Gare du Nord. The staff were all very nice, it was wonderfully quiet all night and the rooms were clean and made up every day. The only "complaint" I have is that the showers were a little cold and you had to keep pressing a button to keep the water flowing. Other than that, loved it!

Definitely enjoyed my visit. I had problems with the people in my room (they were obnoxious and I got hardly any sleep) but had few problems with the hostel itself. The staff was pleasant and helpful and I really liked the common area. Breakfast wasn't anything special, but hey it's free. Only bad thing: shower in my room was broken so had to walk out in the cold each morning to shower somewhere else. Also, a "fully equipped" kitchen is a bit of a stretch. It was a microwave and a hot plate.

Dear guest, Thanks to share your experience with hostelworld community. We're happy you enjoy your stay except the night but sometime it's the problem in the dormitory.Next time you can ask at reception for the earing. Sorry for the shower, we change it each time it's broken. See you next time Take care Olivier

It's only 10min to nord station. Room was clean.

Even I got late to breakfast ,they let me have it. Only thing that negative is location ,looks not safe in night.But they were excellent!

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Turkey

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with the Hostelworld community. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. In the night you must be careful in every place in PARIS. See you next time Olivier

The staff was great and very helpful. The location was close to everything, though not the best at night. Overall a great place to stay!

Dear Guest, Thanks to share your experience with Hostelworld Community. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We Know that you must be careful in the street of the night. See you next time Take Care Olivier.

Good location with plenty of halal food eating options around the neighborhood. Also located quite central in Paris hence are not far from most of the attractions throuh the Metro. Breakfast was quite bland but it's free so can't complain much on that. Staffs are very nice and friendly and didn't even charge me for printing.

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with the Hostelworld community. We are glad to read that you chose to join us for your trip to Paris. We`re happy our front desk staff were able to help you during your stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip to Paris. Take care Olivier

Only stayed one night, but seemed like a really cool place. Nice, international environment.

Everything was perfectly working well. Stuff, cleanliness, atmosphere, a great breakfast, hot shower (very important) and good location. When I am back in Paris, surely I know where to stay.

Oh man, I would like this place so much more if it wasn't so close to Sacre-Couer - one of the scarier more dangerous parts of Paris. The hostel itself and the staff - SO cool. But I got followed by two scary guys (in daylight!) while walking back to the hostel and just managed to duck in before they got to me. Females, exercise extreme caution here. And unlike the directions online, DON NOT get off at Barbès-Rochechouart, get off at Anvers (WAY closer and safer) for the same price on the metro.

Great location and good wifi

Location is pretty good if you need to be in the North of the city. Staff was very friendly upon arrival. Double room ensuite was pretty good, normal sized room for Paris. No lockers in our room, though. Heating was on full blast, and there was some black mould in the shower. But overall a good stay.

The staff and location were spectacular. The security was flawless. The atmosphere and setup need work. It seems they're trying to work on this, however.

Stayed in a double room ensuite. Very comfortable stay. Despite the bed being two singles pushed together the individual single beds were big enough to sleep two on anyway. The room was cleaned and the bins emptied every day. The keycard meant that everything was secure in our room but lockers are also available. The free included breakfast was great. The kitchen is basic but functional. There is a very cheap supermarket opposite and the hostel is very near the Metro. I would recommend.

• 15th Dec 2014

Dear guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with the Hostelworld community. We are so happy to read about your stay with us. We do try our best to be as accommodating as possible with the amenities we have, we`re glad to read that you appreciated it. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us! Take Care Olivier

This hostel has been one of my best stays yet. Mostly due to the people I met while staying here. Joao is one of the most genuine, kind, and helpful people that I have had the good fortune of running into in a long time. His laugh and his smile are sure to make you laugh and smile right along with him. I do hope to see him again in the near future. The elevator here is tiny but just big enough to fit two people! But at least they have one, most don't! No regrets with my stay here, it was lovely.

Clean and spacious, close to the metro and the Sacre Coeur, and above all, extremely helpful staff!

• 13th Dec 2014

Bonjour Terence, Thank you for sharing your experience with the trip advisor community. We are glad to read that you chose to join us for your trip to Paris. We`re happy our front desk staff were able to help you during your stay, we do hope you enjoyed the visit you went on during your stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip to Paris. Take care !!!! Olivier

It's a really sweet little hostel, and the location cannot be beat. Breakfast is cool, stuff is very friendly and the rooms are comfortable and clean. If I really try to find a down side, the rooms could use a bit more power outlets, but that's really just being over-picky…

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with our community. We are so happy to read about how much you all enjoyed your stay with us. Our service is very important to us and we`re glad that we met your expectations! Take care & see you soon Olivier

I was not happy with this place. The day staff seemed annoyed but the night staff guy was awesome to talk to. It needs some repairs, cracked walls, mold, mildew and not enough outlets. I almost walked out and walked to another hostel that has a sister hostel in Barcelona so I knew it would have better conditions but I stayed only because I didn't want to pay for 2 places to sleep. Positive notes, Metro stations near by, plenty of places to eat, downtown in 25 min. I would not stay here again.

Excellent service, I was very happy with the atmosphere generated by young people from all over the world. Also, the hostel has good value for money.

• 10th Nov 2014
  • Bulgaria

Dear guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with our community. We are so happy to read about how much you all enjoyed your stay with us. Take Care Olivier