Le Village Hostel Montmartre Reviews

20 Rue d'Orsel, 75018 Paris, Paris, France

This hostel didn't have a particularly great atmosphere but for the price in Paris you really can't beat it. It has a bar next door and a nice terrace for drinking at night. Rooms are spacious and clean - no soap in the bathrooms though. The location is pretty good since it's on top of a subway station...but be careful bc one street over gets very sketchy at night. A difficult staff member at check in put a damper on our stay at Le Village, but overall it's great for the money.

They gave me a room which was not even inside the Hostel itself. I have to got out and turn the corner to go to my room. It doesn't look very safe, I didn't like this. Hopefully, I talked in the reception and for the second night they change me to a new room inside the hostel. The rooms are standard, looks like an old hotel that was transform in a hostel. Bathroom are small. Common area small, with a kitchen sharing space in the reception. Breackfast included (a crousaint and a piece of bread)

Awesome roof top terrace! Coffee was amazing at breakfast and the staff are so chill and helpful!

Staff were very friendly and the room was a good size, very clean and a perfect location. Thank you for our stay!

• 1st Jun 2015

Dear Guest, Thank you for such a good review. Apparently the Village Hostel suits you well. We hope to see you again and wish good and safe travels. Kind Regards

The location is pretty good (it is really close to Montmartre and Sacré Coeur, which was wonderful! It's also apparently in/near the Red Light District but that did not affect our stay). The staff was very friendly. They offer easy directions for the popular attractions (i.e. the Eiffel Tower, Versailles) that were very helpful. The facilities (i.e. washrooms) were clean but there was a persistent odor in the two washrooms that I used. I would overall recommend this hostel to others.

Nice hostel,the studio below basic. Sofa beds only . Nice staff though .

I did not a good sense to the hostel location at all, in the early morning when we arrived too many homeless people were sleeping in the street near the hostel and I was so disappointing but when I got the key we saw really clean and comfortable room. staff were helpful and friendly and the best point also was the wire less network.

While this hostel was on the edge of a really dodgy part of Paris, the hostel did a great job making you feel safe. Upon my arrival, they provided my dad and I two free beers and two free shots at the bar next door. We had an ensuit room but there was no handsoap in the bathroom. The hostel was pretty clean and comfortable, a bit loud at night but that also means it is in a popular area. The staff were extremely helpful, make sure you have directions to the hostel before you set out.

Dear Guest, We're happy to read we make you feel secure and well prepared for your trip in Paris. The area is a bit "Boheme" but it doesn't mean it's insecure. We don't provide handsoap in the dormitory unfortunately, but the closest supermarket is at only 1min walk. We hope to see you soon. Travel safe and take care

The location is perfect but the Staff were not that nice, just one of them helped me, the other were quite rude, and they do not even let a friend of mine go to the toilet

• 24th May 2015
  • Spain

Dear Guest, We regret that your stay was not what you've expected. For safety reason we don't allow any person from outside the hostel to come in the dormitories quarter. We 'll hope to see you again and we will welcome you with our best care for your next stay. Take Care

nice little hostel. cool backpackers bar next door. typical hostel, nothing very special but i'd definiteley recommend it to my friends if visiting paris. i liked the free welcome beer & shot at the bar=)=)

One of our beds was cleaned up and taken by someone else, and the front desk wasn't entirely helpful to fix the situation although they were very nice. Also, there was no soap in the bathrooms.

Very nice place! Good location, people, and wifi. Would stay there again

Great. Good location.

Had an awesome stay here! First hostel experience and the staff were so helpful and kind. Only had one bad experience with one staff member because I guess we were being loud outside saying goodbye to our friends but we didn't realize and instead of coming outside to ask us to be quieter he just said he was gonna call the cops if we didn't leave... so that was rude. So be very quiet outside once the bar closes or else they'll just call the cops on you.

The rooms are too congested; there aren't enough power sockets and the bathroom/toilets were too small.

My friend & I stayed here for 5 nights and it was a positive experience! The rooms/ common area were kept clean, nice terrace area to chill out, hostel bar next door is a good place to have a drink. Overall, staff was warm and helpful (except for one man who worked the night shift on 22/5 and was pretty condescending and unpleasant). Complaints:kitchen was lacking basics that usually accumulate from other travelers (oil, salt, pepper) & wasteful breakfast service-- plastic cups, plates & bowls.

Great atmosphere, friendly staff!

• 18th May 2015

The hostel was not in a great area; at least it did not appear to be. It was very small - both the office area, dining area and room itself. I am also EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED that what I was told was a deposit for my room was a FEE kept by Hostelworld. It was not applied to my room So I lost $16 for nothing. Next time I will book direct with the hostel. Hostelworld should have explained that the deposit was a fee, NOT a deposit at all - and I would not have booked through htem.

• 16th May 2015

I had a really great time here. The area east of the hostel is a bit sketchy at night, but it was fine at the hostel. There are several metro stations within walking distance. The rooms and kitchen were quite clean (4/5) and the staff and visitors here were very friendly. The breakfast was good for being free, too. I would stay here again.

The Village was very nice a friendly. Really easy to meet people. Although the kitchen is small, it is still super convenient to make something for dinner, especially with the supermarket across the street. The area of the city is pretty touristy, but it is easy enough to get out of and the metro is a very short walk away. There was a bit of an older crowd there when I stayed, lots of good stories.