Le Village Hostel Montmartre Reviews

20 Rue d'Orsel, 75018 Paris, Paris, France

Had a positive stay at this hostel- Staff was great and location was really close to la sagrada familia. Liked the people I met here too.

Friendly counter staff, breakfast was a good standard and location was perfect in the heart of Montmatre; the Sacre Coeur was a few steps away, the clubs/pubs/red light district and Moulin Rouge down the road AND the beautiful French era was symbolic on the streets of Montmatre. Metro station next door, so you can explore the city easy. Excellent pub crawl organised at the bar next door which has amazing cheese platters and drink specials.

I was only at Le Village for one quick night while flying home. The guy who checked me in was SUPER nice and wonderful (I was sick, exhausted, etc). I changed from a mixed to a private room with no hassle, enjoyed the view from the terrace, and did go to the pub before bed. The wifi sucked, but it exists. Overall it was a fun environment, not party party but not sleepy either. I would stay here again if I find myself back in Paris.

Great location in a cool neighborhood. Very close to the metro stops and easy to get around. Also near a fun little bar that a lot of guests go to! Would definitely stay there again!

• 3rd Sep 2015

One of my better hostel experiences in Paris. The welcome drinks facilitated my meeting people and making friends as a single traveler. The staff was really outgoing and there was a kitchen and a cute terrace. Wifi and free luggage storage, and prime real estate just steps away from Sacre-Coeur. Will stay again

Couple of great things about this hostel - it's very close to the metro, which enables you to get anywhere in Paris pretty quickly. They also have an affiliated bar next door, which is lots of fun!! The hostel also gives you a free shot and free glass of wine/beer there. Major downside is the beds. The beds are so uncomfortable that I had a headache the entire time in Paris and my back is still messed up several days later. Terrible, terrible beds.

Close to the metro, grocery, and Sacre Coure. The staff was really nice and I was able to extend my stay there easily. Rooms are spacious as well. Paris is a safe city if a traveller can handle herself/himself by practicing caution at all times. :) thanks to the people working at the hostel, they were all really cool and accommodating.

The staff were incredibly helpful & friendly! I was able to store my bags, when I arrived early, was given a map/directions/advice and useful tips, some breakfast & a much needed coffee after my journey.. Really made the difference, compared to most hostel experiences :D also I was quite happy with the room and facilities (especially the lift: with my uber heavy suitcase).

The location was the best thing that this hostel has it. The environment is quite good and the staff were always at your disposition

The staff were exceptional, free breakfast, free wifi, free welcome alcohol, I stayed at three different hostels in three different cities and I know that Le Village was the absolute best one.

The hostel was great. Breakfast is included and is really good, and completed with coffee, juices, and croissant, also bread... The cleaning was good. The only drawback i should add is that the neighbourhood was not the best one, only at night. I don't feel really safe when i had to come back to the hostel at night. But during the day is a good place, next to de Sacre Coeur with lots of souvenirs shops and a good atmosphere.

I really enjoyed my stay, and it has a wonderful environment to meet new people.

Good location. Safe. Can see the sacre coeur from the first floor terrace :) Clean. Good staff. Free breakfast and coffee. Wifi connectivity was available in the room even though they said it wouldn't be ! A bit expensive but still good. A 2 minute walk to the sacre coeur ! Lots of places to eat nearby. Near Barbes Rochechouart metro. Also pigalle and moulin rouge are 15 mins away ! A typical area with lots of immigrants which I like. Recommended.

I felt really at home at this hostel. It was a nice atmosphere and all of the staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was good. Thank you!

We had a bad experience staying at Le Village because of the area it is in. Later on a tour, we learned that this area is actually very close, if not a little bit apart of, the red light district. We would be sitting at dinner and see men trying to get people to buy their items off the street, only to then steal the persons wallet or money. The actual hostel itself wasn't terrible, but the location was something that pretty much ruined our trip to Paris.

• 13th Aug 2015

Great hostel, great location, great atmosphere. Do not use the lockers in the rooms, because ours were broken into. Use the ones near the front desk. Otherwise great stay.

Bathrooms and rooms are clean. Hostel is a little far from the city center but it is super close to the metro.

Great location, within 5 minutes walk from Pigalle metro station, 2 minutes from Sacré-Coeur! Bunk beds were super comfy, not so squeaky too! We booked a 8 person room and were pleasantly surprised by only having 4 in our room. Good bar downstairs, reasonably priced for Paris. Would definitely book again!

The staff member who cleans up and organises the breakfast he is rather rude and doesn't do much apart from play his phone. Doesn't speak to people very nicely if at all. Place is good location but not very social

The location of the hostel is amazing just below Sacre-Coeur, and very close to the underground station, also very close to grocery stores and a few restaurants. The staff was great but the manager seemed always pissed and rude at times. The worst was the toilet that smelled like aged urine, which despite the daily cleaning still smelled really bad. Very uncomfortable to go.