Le Village Hostel Montmartre Reviews

20 Rue d'Orsel, 75018 Paris, Paris, France

Great. Good location.

Had an awesome stay here! First hostel experience and the staff were so helpful and kind. Only had one bad experience with one staff member because I guess we were being loud outside saying goodbye to our friends but we didn't realize and instead of coming outside to ask us to be quieter he just said he was gonna call the cops if we didn't leave... so that was rude. So be very quiet outside once the bar closes or else they'll just call the cops on you.

The rooms are too congested; there aren't enough power sockets and the bathroom/toilets were too small.

My friend & I stayed here for 5 nights and it was a positive experience! The rooms/ common area were kept clean, nice terrace area to chill out, hostel bar next door is a good place to have a drink. Overall, staff was warm and helpful (except for one man who worked the night shift on 22/5 and was pretty condescending and unpleasant). Complaints:kitchen was lacking basics that usually accumulate from other travelers (oil, salt, pepper) & wasteful breakfast service-- plastic cups, plates & bowls.

Great atmosphere, friendly staff!

• 18th May 2015

The hostel was not in a great area; at least it did not appear to be. It was very small - both the office area, dining area and room itself. I am also EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED that what I was told was a deposit for my room was a FEE kept by Hostelworld. It was not applied to my room So I lost $16 for nothing. Next time I will book direct with the hostel. Hostelworld should have explained that the deposit was a fee, NOT a deposit at all - and I would not have booked through htem.

• 16th May 2015

I had a really great time here. The area east of the hostel is a bit sketchy at night, but it was fine at the hostel. There are several metro stations within walking distance. The rooms and kitchen were quite clean (4/5) and the staff and visitors here were very friendly. The breakfast was good for being free, too. I would stay here again.

The Village was very nice a friendly. Really easy to meet people. Although the kitchen is small, it is still super convenient to make something for dinner, especially with the supermarket across the street. The area of the city is pretty touristy, but it is easy enough to get out of and the metro is a very short walk away. There was a bit of an older crowd there when I stayed, lots of good stories.

Overall a great hostel. I was surprised at how clean and modern the bathrooms were (of course not really really nice, but better than other places I've stayed in). I like their 4-bed dorm strategy, less people in each room meant more sleep and more time to get to know your roommate.

• 13th May 2015

this has been my fourth time staying at this hostel and it gets better and better every year. if I'm ever back in Paris. Will definitely be back

Located in one of my favorite parts of Paris: Montmartre, this hostel met my expectations for a pleasurable stay. It's about six blocks from Gare du Nord. (The directions said to take a left from the station, but it's actually a right and it's about six blocks up Dunkerque.) The staff was pleasant and the morning breakfast with daily croissants was filling enough to keep me walking the city without food for several hours.

Great place for a quick stay in Paris! Rooms are nice, clean, and comfy beds. Breakfast is yummy, woukd stay here again!

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We`re so happy to read that you loved your stay with us! We`re glad you found our front desk staff to be friendly and helpful, we try our best to help out our guests as much as possible. Thank for the breakfast we know is the most important meal of the day. Thank you again & Take care!!!

Cute little hostel in old Paris. Most of the staff were spectacular to deal with (great restaurant recommendations, very helpful in general) but a select few were not the best to deal with.

• 1st May 2015

One of the better hostels I have been to!

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are thrilled to read about your enjoyable weekend getaway with us! We`re also glad our front desk team was able to assist you during your visit with us. Thank you to share your experience with your friends too. I hope you enjoyed the pub OnTheRoadPub. Thank you again and we hope to see you on your next trip to Paris!You're Welcome!!! Take Care........

We were upgraded from a 10-bed dorm to a 6-bed dorm, and it was right on a very cute terrace! Lockers (bring your own lock) and plenty of outlets in the rooms, and the staff were all extremely helpful (especially the guy with round glasses - sorry I didn't get your name!). Wifi worked perfectly. Great location - close to the Sacre Coeur and Moulin Rouge, and not terribly far from other major sights by metro, with a stop a couple minute walk away.

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are thrilled to read about how much you loved your stay with us! We`re also glad our front desk team was able to assist you during your visit with us especially Joao the receptionnist. We are happy you enjoy your upgrade. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon! Take Care...............

We booked a 2 bed deluxe apartment. We get a kitchen with a small couch. Not what we expected.

• 1st May 2015
  • Switzerland

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Like we explain to you all the apartment are equiped with sofa bed like it's mention on the website hostelworld. the website hostelworld cannot mention the difference. Take Care

very cute place, great breakfast, cool location and felt very secure. clean and welcoming.

• 28th Apr 2015

I was traveling alone and booked this hostel because the reviews made it seem like a great place to meet and hang out with fellow lone travelers. I was not disappointed, in fact it far exceeded my expectations. This hostel attracts the friendliest travelers and every night there are people hanging out on the patio or at the bar next door. There was always someone to go to a museum/attraction with. The included breakfast was great for budget traveling. The location is perfect- right by a metro.

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your kind review following your visit. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt everything was great. We work hard to ensure that everyone has a pleasant time at Le Village Hostel. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Le Village Hostel again soon. Take Care!!!!!

Great bar next door! Lovely sun terrace. Loved the location. Easy to get around. Good staff. Kitchen is pretty average but useable. Thanks guys!

Nice place, nice hostel nice everytngg.. Suitable for back packers, low cost holiday

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent experience at the hostel. We were thrilled to learn that our service/staff, our rooms and our location met your expectations. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon! Take Care ....